Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Naby Sarr signed on 5 year deal*** (Ed. Gone)

Comments

• Options
    Just woken up to this news😭 This one hurts more than most. My favourite player as well - always found myself checking his score first in the players' marks thread.

Good luck Naby, we'll be back in for you once we're back in the Championship!
  • Options
    Wish him well there. We can have him back in a couple of years.
  • Options
    Big fan of Naby - wish him well. Charlton will be a duller place without him.
  • Options
    Blew hot and cold and consequently picked up both fans and detractors. I wish him well with the Udders.  As for us, I don't think you can comment whether it's good or bad until we know what pans out with the club ownership. If Sandgaard can take over before the transfer window ends, invests properly in the club and we pick up a replacement who consistently plays like Naby on a good day it'll be a great thing.  If the crooks stay in control, the transfer embargo remains and we end up with a kid who's about as good as Naby on a bad day, it'll be a disaster. 
  • Options
    Good luck, Naby. You go to your new club knowing you gave everything to Charlton during your time with the Addicks.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    A player who plays consistently like Naby on a good day will be in the Premiership, not League One 
    That's where Thomas wants us to be  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's just a 2yr loan 😉
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Leuth said:
    A player who plays consistently like Naby on a good day will be in the Premiership, not League One 
    Would have been nice if Naby could have consistently played like Naby on a good day!
    Yeah but he wouldn't have been at Charlton! 
  • Options
    Nice railway station. Great architecture, 2 pubs and the Harold Wilson statue. I'm sure that was the clinching factor
    In fairness, it was probably the chance to have a pint after training in the Huddersfield and District Working Mens Club. That and a chance to visit the Camel Club for a night out in town after a game.
  • Options
    Let's not forget that we took him in for big money and he was 'an ex Champions League player'.

He does leave with my best wishes but his time with us a 6/10 not anymore.

Now watch him match Llera's achievement of scoring in the last minute at the Toolbox. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    se9addick said:
    Leuth said:
    Would have been nice if Naby could have consistently played like Naby on a good day!
    Yeah but he wouldn't have been at Charlton! 

And he wouldn’t have gone to Huddersfield either....
  • Options
    Not even on the bench for Huddersfield v Forest tonight
  • Options
    Oh yeah Id forgotten about him going there 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I asked Thomas via LinkedIn early on to sign Naby. This was when he was a free agent, TS said noted.
    Never give up that he will come back. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't imagine the Nabster in a cloth cap walking a whippet...........

Karlan on the other hand sitting there with half a mild playing dominoes or crib comes easily to mind  ;)
  • Options
    He was in quarantine for 2 weeks and only resumed training with them this week, so not fit yet.
  • Options
    He was in quarantine for 2 weeks and only resumed training with them this week, so not fit yet.
    Would Schwartz have to do the same with us if we sign him?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Terriers fan I've spoken to says he's a solid, reliable, no-nonsense defender. 

They know nothing yet. 
    He’s none of the above , Leuth; even you would acknowledge that.  Maverick, genial, vulnerable, flimsy ..