Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Naby Sarr signed on 5 year deal*** (Ed. Gone)

Comments

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Sarr was cack for us, I won’t hear anything else.
    That's just like, your opinion, man
  • Options
    Too talented to be cack but I’d not want him back, thanks 
  • Options
    I love the guy but we've not really missed him (well I have but y'know) until around 70 minutes into today's game, at which point oh god what do we do now 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I love the guy but we've not really missed him (well I have but y'know) until around 70 minutes into today's game, at which point oh god what do we do now 
    Admittedly I would far rather he came on than Purrington, Leuth ! 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    No shit!
  • Options
    Sarr would be nice cover for Famewo but would much prefer the latter based on his form for us so far. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Utter nonsense
    Nonsense? How many years out of the 4 (was it?) was he first choice? If he’s so good why was he never playing week in week out over the years 
  • Options
    Let’s be honest, Naby looked like Pele 1 game in 10, but the rest he looked average at best.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Calm down, Leuth dear.

It's going to be alright. :smile:

• Options
    Why would the Huddersfield players have been in Bexleyheath today, surely they didn't use The Marriott?
  • Options
    Pleased if he’s exorcised his personal Demons with  that win today @ Millscum, I am still fuming from his performance for us & bottling that aerial challenge with Smith 09/11/2019. Still gives me sleepless nights 😔😔
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    HandG said:
    I saw Naby walking through Bexleyheath  with the rest of the Huddersfield players this morning - the moment got to me a bit and I couldn’t help shouting  Naby, Naby Sarr out the window at him as loud as I could and beeping my horn lots. I was so excited that I turned around at the roundabout to drive past him and do it again. I’m pleased to confirm that he looked just as happy as me by it all (albeit slightly bewildered) and I’m thinking that he brought that into his performance today. You’re welcome Huddersfield fans.
    Gonna hear reports of Leuth standing outside the Marriott Hotel holding up a boombox like in that movie (name escapes me) now!!
    Say Anything?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Utter nonsense
    Nonsense? How many years out of the 4 (was it?) was he first choice? If he’s so good why was he never playing week in week out over the years 
    First year he was poor, but thrown in the deep end under Luzon with no experience of English football. Second year went on loan and did well by all accounts, and was very good for us since he came back from that loan. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Utter nonsense
    It is nonsense because it's not that black and white.

He wasn't good enough in his first few years at the club.

He improved and was good enough to play a big part in us getting promoted in 18/19.

He then did enough last season to win a contract at a Championship club.
    “Big part in us getting promoted” come on man you surely don’t think this.

and he was pony in the championship. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Scoham said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Utter nonsense
    It is nonsense because it's not that black and white.

He wasn't good enough in his first few years at the club.

He improved and was good enough to play a big part in us getting promoted in 18/19.

He then did enough last season to win a contract at a Championship club.
    “Big part in us getting promoted” come on man you surely don’t think this.

and he was pony in the championship. 
    The amount of so called decent players we had last year I’m surprised we didn’t finish top half 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    HandG said:
    I saw Naby walking through Bexleyheath  with the rest of the Huddersfield players this morning - the moment got to me a bit and I couldn’t help shouting  Naby, Naby Sarr out the window at him as loud as I could and beeping my horn lots. I was so excited that I turned around at the roundabout to drive past him and do it again. I’m pleased to confirm that he looked just as happy as me by it all (albeit slightly bewildered) and I’m thinking that he brought that into his performance today. You’re welcome Huddersfield fans.
    Gonna hear reports of Leuth standing outside the Marriott Hotel holding up a boombox like in that movie (name escapes me) now!!
    Say Anything?
    I thought that was the name of the film 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I think Inniss will turn out to be a better player.
    Two very different types of centre back so I find it hard to compare them. 

I'd certainly argue that Innis is the better defender in League One though where you have to deal with lots of balls in the air. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I think Inniss will turn out to be a better player.

Ryan and Naby are giants but they are like chalk and cheese as footballers.

Sarr was always going to get a Championship move because his agent had a video which showed  the 40 yard passes that found their man, including the brilliant pass to Taylor that he finished like a top striker. Also included was the goal at the valley when he started and finished a move against Hull city after running 50 yards. A free kick goal, headed goals, a last ditch tackle in his own area. 

Not shown was the slip against Millwall, numerous passes which went astray and the games when he lost confidence like the Wembley final after the OG.

Naby Sarr was good(very good at times) 
    But could be bad, which turned ugly. A cult hero judging by the comments on CL.

Ryan Inniss is a terminator of a CB who despite his limitations with the ball at his feet can be so dangerous at set pieces when attacking. 

In League 1, Inniss will do fine as long as he can curb himself a tad or else his red cards will rack up.

Football is about opinions. Naby Sarr is different to any other CB that I have seen play for Charlton, starting with Paul Went, right the way through to Ryan Inniss. 

• Options
    He was hit and miss.