Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Naby Sarr signed on 5 year deal*** (Ed. Gone)

Comments

• Options
    Naby is coming home

TS will takeover this week and we will re sign Naby
    Gotta set your sights higher now mate, “we’re f****ng rich”!!! 
  • Options
    But there is a salary cap that probably puts Naby out of reach.
  • Options
    But some of our current squad fr this season are youth who are presumably on low wages, so there could be extra to pay certain players a higher wage if worthy. 
  • Options
    But some of our current squad fr this season are youth who are presumably on low wages, so there could be extra to pay certain players a higher wage if worthy. 
    Exactly look at Peterborough signing JCH how did they manage that, because some of the rest of the squad are one less than the rest so leaves more available for the better players
  • Options
    also wouldn't be surprised to see a few one year contracts coming atm

You know 1 year with an extra 2 years added next season if we get promoted to the Championship to a league with no wage cap and a 100% pay rise.

Players get one season on a lower wage then if we get promoted there wage goes up and if we dont they can look elsewhere again as they will be fre agents
  • Options
    Is there not a way around this with say a sign on bonus and bonus on promotion. Surely you can be clever with this, such as paid apartments, cars, win, performance bonuses etc..? Or is everything included?
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Is there not a way around this with say a sign on bonus and bonus on promotion. Surely you can be clever with this, such as paid apartments, cars, win, performance bonuses etc..? Or is everything included?
    Trying to fiddle things around the EFL regulations gets you a points deduction.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Trying to fiddle things around the EFL regulations gets you a points deduction.
    I think in this instance you get a fine that increases however far over you go over the salary cap
  • Options
    Signed for Huddersfield...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just checked, he didn't play in the 4-0 defeat in February!
  • Options
    MattF said:
    2 year deal

Good luck to him, keeps his number 23 shirt
    Fiver on their relegation 
  • Options
    gutted...... but good luck to him.
  • Options
    There's quite a few clubs I'd have been really gutted by Naby going to. Huddersfield is fortunately not one of them
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    There's quite a few clubs I'd have been really gutted by Naby going to. Huddersfield is fortunately not one of them
    Which clubs did you expect him to sign for out of interest?

Same question asked to whoever Naby's biggest hater is.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Leuth said:
    Which clubs did you expect him to sign for out of interest?

Same question asked to whoever Naby's biggest hater is.
    Honestly, Forest. But they decided Taylor was their Charlton poach. Hope this season proves them wrong!
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Good luck to the Nabster, there is surely no other player anywhere in the world quite like him. I was unaware of the Huddersfield deal prior to receiving a text from my mate up there just now. I assured him that life will be anything but boring with Naby in the side.
  • Options
    Fair play to him - if he’s getting similar to his salary at us, on a two year deal, then in this market he’s done very well for himself. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Huddersfield will still have parachute payments, so paying Naby a decent wage shouldn't be hard
  • Options
    All the feels, was my favourite player over the past 2 seasons, glad to see he's stayed in the Championship though
  • Options
    Good luck to him joining that most naff of football clubs.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Galling that the sides who just pipped us for relegation are now strengthening.
    Just want this bloody takeover now so we can get back to being a serious club with stability and a plan. 
    Huddersfield have also let go/lost of a number of players, many on lower PL wages I imagine. The likes of Mounie, Kachunga and Stankovic

They will probably lose Karlan at some point too...
  • Options
    Nice railway station. Great architecture, 2 pubs and the Harold Wilson statue. I'm sure that was the clinching factor
  • Options
    Nice railway station. Great architecture, 2 pubs and the Harold Wilson statue. I'm sure that was the clinching factor
    Nabby would t care bout that. He is more interested in their 75 year unbeaten run