Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***Jordan Cousins signs until 2019***

edited July 2015 in General Charlton
As title. On the OS.

Comments

• Great news.
  • Really good news.
  • Sponsored links:

• Along with the JBG extension, I'm hoping this signals real intent on the part of the owner. With the sale of Standard Liege and the virtual collapse of FFP I think he's realised that the only way to get a return on his investment will be to get into the Premiership and that is going to involve assembling a squad that can compete for promotion. This goes a long way towards aiding that cause.
  • edited July 2015

It says the "the club announced this evening" I know Bolton is a fair old trek but didn't realise there was a time difference!

"Jordan Cousins has committed his future to Charlton by signing a new four-year contract, the club announced on Friday morning"

Guess that picture was taken last night at the hotel they are staying at.
  • It says the "the club announced this evening" I know Bolton is a fair old trek but didn't realise there was a time difference!

Plans changed! Now fixed
  • It says the "the club announced this evening" I know Bolton is a fair old trek but didn't realise there was a time difference!

Plans changed! Now fixed
    So the club was going to announce this deal this Friday evening but brought it forward so they could make another announcement this afternoon.

Training ground? The player that is rumoured to be signing? Who knows?

• Terrific news!
  • Quality stuff. Hats off to the club, they've done a great job getting Jordan and JBG to sign long contracts.

I agree VG, because of the contract extensions for the above 2 and the players recently signed I think it is a great statement made by the club re ambition and longevity of the playing staff.
  • This is blinding news. Jordan is Charlton to the core, he's one of us.
  • Excellent. Looking forward to the season now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Him and JBG signing up is massive news for the club, really pleased
  • Well with Only Gomez leaving(undisclosed LOL)
    the days of good Charlton players leaving for peanuts have gone.
    This is another good signing, and we are are all adults so we should be under no illusions but this is a great boost for the coming season and with JBG and Jordan now committing to the club plus the the 7 so far Newbies let's hope we can get the feel good factor back and the trips to the Valley become enjoyable again like the Huddersfield game last season in front of a full house and Tony Watt Watt was on fire.
    Fanny will be swimming in her moat at Fanackapan Towers in celebration !

Shock News the CAFC player of the Year stays. (Poyet on bench for Hammers, 16 year old picked instead )
  • Best signing this summer.Very happy with that
  • Really pleased about this. Now I hope we can land that winger from Wolves and we'll be in a healthy position at the start of the season.

• Only 4 years?

Luzon out.
  • Best signing so far
  • Good to see us get a squad of players on long term contracts, especially the likes of JBG and Cousins. Still not 100% on Cousins' quality, though there is no doubting his engine and work ethic. Happy to see him staying either way.
  • great news. well done the club
  • Very happy with this news. Well done the club. Nice long term contracts this summer giving us the chance to grow and improve over time. Excellent stuff.