Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Jordan Cousins signs until 2019***

Comments

• Options
    Fantastic news! Jordan seems a top bloke and a bloody good player.
  • Options
    Signing our own players ( except Bulot of course) is the way ahead. Who cares if we only have 18 in our first team squad. Well done Roly. Rejoice all round...
  • Options
    Great news, what took him so long?
  • Options

Just back from a morning's stint at the Training Ground ( after a quick dip in the moat) and saw this...

The best news ! Like us, both RD & young Jordan KNEW it made sense - we ARE singing from the same hymn sheet .
    Already getting a familiar tingle ahead of the QPR opener next Saturday.....

BTW Only Joe P, The Beast & Rhoys doing some light training this morning but also spied Callum lurking around the Physio Room so guessing he's crocked.

Ouch so Bikey hasnt travelled to Bolton either then... Has definitely been frozen out now
  • Options
    edited July 2015

You can all thank me, As I'm happy to admit when Jordan was on our table at the POTY I had a quiet word in his shell like and told him what would happen if he didn't sign LOL

Lovely pic, TN .

And you can thank me for seating Jordan at your table ....

:smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks Fanny
  • Options
    I don't see a promotion push this season if I'm honest but in the time that RD has been in charge the squad is way way better than it was before right back to the PL.

Yes the regime has its oddities but I can't see any reason to be anything other than optimistic. With the same level of strengthening next summer and the summer after I would hope we are in the right shape to have a go.
  • Options
    how can you judge before the latest team has kicked a ball in anger in Charlton colours?
  • Options
    Tremendous news and every bit a important as JBG's contract extension.

Jordan Cousins really is the heartbeat of this team.
  • Options

Which is another reason why Nathan Jones should be the next Charlton manager.
    Agreed Ben. One of the most impressive people I’ve met in football. By all accounts a great coach as well.
  • Options
    Good news. Just like Gudmundsson's deal it's a win win for all parties. Cousins sorted for the next four years, nice pay rise and a decent transfer fee if he reaches his potential and plays in the top flight. Unless we go up in the next four years
  • Options
    Brilliant news - my favourite signings of the summer have been Cousins & JBG !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great news and the one that brings a smile to everyone's face. He is a future replacement for JJ not necessarily as captain but as a game changer / a heartbeat/ a never say die attitude. JBG probably has greater skills but Jordan has the bigger character; both are brilliant for Charlton
  • Options
    Well done RD and Katrien
  • Options

It says the "the club announced this evening" I know Bolton is a fair old trek but didn't realise there was a time difference!

About 45 years!
  • Options
    As for Jordan signing...absolutely brilliant news. Felt it was only a matter of time after JBG and the new signings came onboard, but all the better for it now being confirmed.

Can well understand the comments about being team captain - definitely with JJ remaining club captain - as I think Solly just appears a quiet (but quality) lad and I'm never a huge fan of keepers being captain.

8 days to go. Really cannot wait...COYR!!

P.S. Thank you Katrien and M. Duchatelet! Seriously...thank you very much :smile:
  • Options
    Great news! If he sees out his contract he'll get close to the 200 game club!
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I know contracts probably mean nothing these days, but it is good to see most of the first team on long contracts, instead of worrying what will happen at the end of the season. This is of course, that the new players turn out as good as we all hope them to be

Would imagine there's a buy out fee in there - possibly £5m? Another good season and I suspect Jordan may be moving on to bigger things. Great news though!
  • Options
    Brilliant news. Roland might still be very reticent about his strategic aims for our great club, but actions speak louder than words and right now he is making all the right moves.
  • Options
    good positive intent getting JC signed up
    a proper grafter who you want in the middle of a battle
    not sure he is a big enough character to be skipper, like Solly he comes across a bit too quiet but both are names straight on the team sheet
    well done the Belgians

I'm positive we'll stay up !
  • Options
    Excellent news, things definitely looking up as the new season approaches.
  • Options
    He was immense tonight at Bolton.