Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Jordan Cousins signs until 2019***

124»

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:

Brilliant news - my favourite signings of the summer have been Cousins & JBG !

I feel more excited about JC's and JBG's new deals than all the new signings... Glad to know that I'm not alone!!!
  • Options
    Absolutely! What a great signing he is. I'm not going to get ahead of myself. But, if this team gels and guy has some luck along the way... We could avoid relegation and stick two fingers up at the bookies....Again! Anything else is a pleasant bonus.
  • Options
    It's great news that he has signed on and not jump ship like some other players. In my eyes our best player and should be made captain next season. He is learning very fast and all ways gives 100% and does not moan if he is playing out of position.
  • Options

good positive intent getting JC signed up
    a proper grafter who you want in the middle of a battle
    not sure he is a big enough character to be skipper, like Solly he comes across a bit too quiet but both are names straight on the team sheet
    well done the Belgians

I'm positive we'll stay up !

Pay more attention to Jordan when the ball is not in play. He is always cajoling, pointing, talking.

Proper captain material. And why wouldn't he be? Recently a long line of Charlton academy players have captained the England youth teams.
  • Options

not sure he is a big enough character to be skipper, like Solly he comes across a bit too quiet but both are names straight on the team sheet
    well done the Belgians

Pay more attention to Jordan when the ball is not in play. He is always cajoling, pointing, talking.

Proper captain material. And why wouldn't he be? Recently a long line of Charlton academy players have captained the England youth teams.
    Ok, can't say it's noticeable but will make a concerted effort to keep an eye on him, there's better looking players to look at during the breaks in play btw
  • Options
    Perhaps inreasonably I've always been quite relaxed about this happening. I have a theory that the club would not choose players for the new kit promo photos unless they were pretty sure they'd still be at the club come the new season.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

well done the Belgians

Not disagreeing with you but captaining players at the same age group as you is a different ball game than at an established championship club with a whole host of more experienced players.

He may well be captain material but perhaps not at this time.
  • Options
    Amazing news.
  • Options
    Great news that the club has retained JBG and Jordan Cousins and on four-year deals.They are as good as new signings.
    Amazing how Cousins has transformed from a young lad in the first team to a player we just cannot do without inside just a few seasons.Well done RD and KM.
  • Options

well done the Belgians

Not disagreeing with you but captaining players at the same age group as you is a different ball game than at an established championship club with a whole host of more experienced players.

He may well be captain material but perhaps not at this time.
    Diarra was captain against Bolton, so would guess he is ahead of JC in the captaincy pecking order.

For me though, I don't really care who is the official captain it should only really be a ceremonial role in my opinion. We should have a defensive leader a midfield leader and an attack leader in my opinion. Probably therefore give the armband to either the most experienced player, player with most CAFC appearances or the goalie.

I know others will feel differently
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The captain should, more or less, appoint himself. We need somebody that will lead on the pitch, that won't forget he is captain when the game is going on, that does his own job and a bit more, that leads by example, that praises and bollocks his teammates as necessary and won't be distracted by the role. Picking somebody just because they are a good player is daft.
  • Options
    Seen him have a few howlers, but that's the same for the whole squad. If he's one of us he's needed at the club on and off the pitch. Great signing.
  • Options
    I'd expect Solly to be captain when he plays tbh.
  • Options
    I would rather Jordan spends all his time improving his passing than being made Captain at 21.
    After Jackson it's a tough gig.
    At times at the back end of last season, Solly did seem affected by being captain.
    If after a few games Chris isn't his normal reliable self ,then have a re-think.
    JJ will always be the Skipper while he's here. (might be more off the pitch this season)
  • Options
    The captain in football is pointless. It doesn't matter. You're either a leader or you're not. You don't need an armband to do that.
  • Options
    Matt Wright's updated article from VOTV119 about the captaincy - and Jordan's potential suitability for the role - is now available online.