Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Jordan Cousins signs until 2019***

Comments

• Options

“It’s a good feeling to secure my future,” said Cousins, who has been with the club since U13 level.

“It’s been talked about all summer and I’m pleased we could get everything sorted before the new season starts.

“I’ve been here for a very long time and I’m proud to come from this academy. It’s my home, I feel part of the club and I want that to continue.

“There’s a really good feeling about the place at the moment,” he continued.

“We’ve added some good players to the team and it’s clear that the club want to build towards something positive.

“I’m just really excited to get the season started now.”

Good lad.

Well said Jordan.
  • Options
    Quick sell him now!
  • Options
    Jordan reminds me of Bryan robson. With his work rate and passion. Future captain feel good about this season. Reckon we can shut bookies up and finish 4th from bottom ha ha. COYR
  • Options
    Brilliant news , good lad Jordan! Well done Charlton all round
  • Options
    Hopefully he can push on this season now. Get some more goals and assists. Box to box team cappo when Jacko isn't involved
  • Options
    The most depressing thing about Jordan signing this contract is that by the time it comes to an end in 2019, I'll be 60
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good news, one of the only irreplaceable players in our team for his consistency and adaptability. Still growing as a player it's easy to see, and that'll turn him from quality to real real quality at this level.
  • Options
    Great news Captains arm band next
  • Options
    Great news, nice one Jordan.
  • Options
    very happy with this, Cousins energy and drive in the middle really does make a difference to us.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

The most depressing thing about Jordan signing this contract is that by the time it comes to an end in 2019, I'll be 60

Dont let that worry you. You'll still have five years to go before you get he 'crumbley' discount on your season ticket! ;-)

This is the best news for me. Of all the signings/contracts this one pleases me the most. Jordan is my son's favourite player (his first favourite player) and I think he is, potentially, a one club player.
  • Options
    Excellent news. Make him captain now when JJ not playing.
  • Options
    Great news.
  • Options
    great news - Jacko club captain, JC team captain
  • Options
    Great news - he's a vital part of the team and will only get better and better. Credit to those at the club for getting this done before the season starts; it sends out a really positive message.

Nice one, Jordan!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The icing on the cake of a very good transfer window. Well done KM and co on persuading Jordan to stay for one more year, to show all those PL teams what they couldn't get this year. When JC decides to go we should be quids in.
    Well done young fella!
  • Options
    Why are people so keen to rip the armband from Chris Solly for Jordan Cousins?

Solly works just as hard, is just as consistent (if not more), and is just as proper Charlton as anyone - Jackson included.
  • Options
    True. JC for vice captain then!
  • Options
    Great news, this could be a very good season
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Certainly is another promising sign. Of course we don't know how the new players will gel or adjust. Lessons may have been learned we hope.

Still need some players, and someone to be putting the ball in the net and keep it out of ours, tonight will be very interesting
  • Options
    At the moment I think the Captains Armband goes:

Jackson / Solly / Henderson (Dont forget he wore the armband a few times last season) then maybe Cousins
  • Options
    terrific news .. now only Bulot to go .. or has he gone ?
  • Options

terrific news .. now only Bulot to go .. or has he gone ?

He's stuck in Calais with Andy Delort on a Eurostar train... (Bulot has signed for Reims)
  • Options
    Bulot signed for Reims. Think we'll see Bergdich play left midfield and Ceballos
    may also be used in that position.
  • Options
    Great news. Made the summer.

Would be my choice for team captain. Leads by example.