Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Upcoming Video Games thread

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Was going to download Starfield on XBox, I have instead opted to get it on PC. Apparently XB is locked to 30fps and the graphics are lower resolution and upscaled. I'd rather get it in all its glory. 
    Plus mods when support is fully out for them. I would much rather get it on my PC too but can't afford to upgrade it!
  • Options
    Didn’t realise it’s also out for pc for some reason. Will almost certainly pick this up. Though I prefer playing rpgs on consoles
  • Options
    No quite ready to splash out on starfield, hopefully someone on her will give a decent review before I commit.
  • Options
    I tried a few tricks, including turning my vpn on, changing times/dates locally on my pc, but was unable to stream Starfield from Game Pass.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I tried a few tricks, including turning my vpn on, changing times/dates locally on my pc, but was unable to stream Starfield from Game Pass.
    I wasn't sure but they've been clever with it and are launching it at the same time worldwide, so 1am BST, 8pm EST, 5pm PST, so 12pm Wednesday NZST.
  • Options
    Anyone jump into Starfield yet then? I've literally only played 3 missions so far but it's very much giving me Fallout:Space vibes so far, which is not surprising to be honest
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Anyone jump into Starfield yet then? I've literally only played 3 missions so far but it's very much giving me Fallout:Space vibes so far, which is not surprising to be honest
    5pm today. Looking forward to it and even got the evening to play it as missus is out. So a result!
  • Options
    User reviews seem to be overwhelmingly positive so far, which is great. 
  • Options
    Missus is away this weekend… guess what I’m doing? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've bought Metal gear v and Ace combat 7 for my Steam deck  B)

Might sign up to game pass and stream Starfield through it, cloud gaming works really well I find but you do need a good Internet connection 
  • Options
    Any opinions on Starfield yet, been seeing some really terrible reviews. Want to know if its worth downloading.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Any opinions on Starfield yet, been seeing some really terrible reviews. Want to know if its worth downloading.
    I love it. I love Fallout and Skyrim though. It's not for players that aren't willing to explore. 

I took about an hour just building a ship. A side mission can take 3-4 hours. A main mission string can last 8 hours. 

It's not as expansive as I thought. I do really, really enjoy it though. It's a great departure from Warzone which is pretty much all I have truly focused on the last 3 years. 

• Options
    I think it's an alright game, but I am bitterly disappointed by the space travel. There's too many menus, especially coming from a game like No Man's Sky where you seamlessly land 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    I think it's an alright game, but I am bitterly disappointed by the space travel. There's too many menus, especially coming from a game like No Man's Sky where you seamlessly land 
    Yeah but No Mans Sky has taken years to get to where it is now. 

A few updates, some mods here and there and the game will benefit hugely. 

I found No Mans Sky a bit boring as there wasn't enough going on. I'd say for me, the balance is a bit better here. I am however really pissed off at the lack of main character voice acting. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    I agree, the space travel is just... loading screens. The space combat is quite fun especially the targetting etc to disable engines etc, but there's nothing like in no mans sky with seamlessly taking off and going into space and flying round the planet etc which you can't do in starfield. It feels very formulaic in it's gameplay like that. Also damn, need some city maps too.

Basically, skyrim still remains bethesda's magnum opus.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Appreciate all your comments, Ill give it a download, if its not my cuppa can always refund.
  • Options
    Appreciate all your comments, Ill give it a download, if its not my cuppa can always refund.
    get the xbox game pass, £12.99 a month iirc and can stream it without taking up space on your xbox or pc (if you connect a games console to your pc you can play it)
  • Options
    get the xbox game pass, £12.99 a month iirc and can stream it without taking up space on your xbox or pc (if you connect a games console to your pc you can play it)
    Unfortunately I don't have an Xbox, was just gonna download on steam.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    neither do i, but i hook my ps4 controller up to my pc and play on xbox game pass with that.
  • Options
    neither do i, but i hook my ps4 controller up to my pc and play on xbox game pass with that.
    Sweet as I will defo take a look into this when I get home.
  • Options
    Damn Starfield is such a timesink, played it almost constant from 11-6 today (rare day off) and looking back in that time I only completed one main mission and fully scanned 2 moons of one planet
  • Options
    Little tip. 

You can land anywhere on a planet not just on the markers. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Little tip. 

Another tip, misc items are completely useless and you never get anywhere near the "value" price for them from vendors
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Damn Starfield is such a timesink, played it almost constant from 11-6 today (rare day off) and looking back in that time I only completed one main mission and fully scanned 2 moons of one planet
    Yesterday, I got stuck on Akila, i only wanted to finish one side quest. I think game play would be greatly improved with city maps.
  • Options
    Really looking forward to getting my claws into this tonight.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Little tip. 

Another tip, misc items are completely useless and you never get anywhere near the "value" price for them from vendors
    you mean to say all the mugs i've been collecting are worthless?!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Little tip. 

you mean to say all the mugs i've been collecting are worthless?!
    Miscellaneous items... they're a mugs game.
  • Options
    Regarding Starfield, I keep hearing "it gets really good after the first 30 hours", and Im thinking bloody hell, I could finish three or four other games in that amount of time.