Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Upcoming Video Games thread

Comments

• Chunes said:
    I'd love a GTA London but the modern series revolves around it being a satire of American culture. I don't know if a global audience cares enough  about English culture for that game to ever become a reality. 
    Could be street gang rats falling into a proper organised crime syndicate 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Think it was The Getaway that had most of London's streets in it.
    Another decent game. I seem to remember the sequel was canned quite late into development.
  • robroy said:
    Just dropped £69.99 on MW3. After about six years out, really enjoyed the MP on the last one. 

Won't be telling the Mrs what I've paid haha. 
    I haven't bought a COD game since MW3 the first time round. Is it good?
    Played a bit of the campaign, same old same old. 

Just spent a few hours before work on MP, they have loads of the old school maps that have been remastered. If you have not played one in a while, may be worth a go. 

I see Amazon are doing it for £62.99. I just went digital though. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Think it was The Getaway that had most of London's streets in it.
    I think Watchdogs had a pretty accurate rendition of London as well
  • edited November 2023
    Watchdogs: Legion is the London based one. 

It’s OK, but doesn’t quite land as well as it could IMO. Feels a bit too whacky and comical compared to the grittiness of The Getaway. That game actually spurred the inspiration for the TV shows ‘Gangs of London’ apparently.
  • robroy said:
    robroy said:
    Just dropped £69.99 on MW3. After about six years out, really enjoyed the MP on the last one. 

Won't be telling the Mrs what I've paid haha. 
    I haven't bought a COD game since MW3 the first time round. Is it good?
    Played a bit of the campaign, same old same old. 

Just spent a few hours before work on MP, they have loads of the old school maps that have been remastered. If you have not played one in a while, may be worth a go. 

I see Amazon are doing it for £62.99. I just went digital though. 
    Zombies is good fun with friends. 
  • The Last of Us Part II is getting a PS5 remaster, out 19th January.

https://www.naughtydog.com/blog/the_last_of_us_part_ii_remastered_announcement
  • Shame for Rockstar it got leaked. Looks insane, can’t wait. 2025 though sigh ….
  • Sponsored links:

• At least it gives me a bit longer until I need to buy a new Xbox. Prices might drop a bit more by then...
  • I can wait, it will be well worth it.

GTA V was my favourite game until I started playing RDR2, no one makes games like Rockstar and FFVII remake will fill the void. The level of detail Rockstar put into games unlike companies that churn out sports games each year is what gives me patience. The horse's testicles shrink when it's cold FFS!

From the trailer Vice City and Los Santos are in. I hope the map is more San Andreas than V. Although Los Santos will be massive in VI i preferred more smaller cities than one massive one personally.
  • Friend Or Defoe said:
    I can wait, it will be well worth it.

GTA V was my favourite game until I started playing RDR2, no one makes games like Rockstar and FFVII remake will fill the void. The level of detail Rockstar put into games unlike companies that churn out sports games each year is what gives me patience. The horse's testicles shrink when it's cold FFS!

From the trailer Vice City and Los Santos are in. I hope the map is more San Andreas than V. Although Los Santos will be massive in VI i preferred more smaller cities than one massive one personally.
    Where did you get Los Santos from?
  • Apparently (this is all speculation and I haven't got the capacity to fact check or anything) :-

The map is roughly twice the size of Los Santos, with 3 "cities" (similar to San Andreas) and 4 smaller towns, with a lake in the middle and several other P.O.I like the glades and swamps, and possibly a take on Disney and a space launch pad. 

The main protagonist is a female, however you will also control the second protagonist (a love interest?) Who is your partner in crime

As we saw in the trailer, it's set in modern day and social media, news, politics and current affairs all feature heavily, and I'm sure the dial on "Florida Man" will be turned up to 11

Tentatively the release date is Spring 2025, however expect to be pushed back by 6 months as is traditional for a Rockstar game
  • robroy said:
    Shame for Rockstar it got leaked. Looks insane, can’t wait. 2025 though sigh ….
    Fully expecting it to be late 2025. Mad rush to buy it. Next gen consoles are announced in 2026. Game gets a re-release and everyone pays for it again in 2027 with their new PS6s, etc.
  • Anyone got a Playstation Portal? Just managed to bag one, like gold dust at the moment. 
  • robroy said:
    Anyone got a Playstation Portal? Just managed to bag one, like gold dust at the moment. 
    Very annoyingly I bought a backbone for my phone to use remote play about a month before the portal got announced. Wish i'd known! The backbone is nicely made but the phone is a bit small to make gaming enjoyable.
  • I haven't bothered with the Portal, I have a dedicated gaming TV in a separate room to the sky box so if I'm gaming and the wife is watching some inane bollocks about halfwits from Kensington or spouses from Atlanta we don't have to fight over the use. The only other time I'd use it is on the Khazi or in bed. 
  • sam3110 said:
    I haven't bothered with the Portal, I have a dedicated gaming TV in a separate room to the sky box so if I'm gaming and the wife is watching some inane bollocks about halfwits from Kensington or spouses from Atlanta we don't have to fight over the use. The only other time I'd use it is on the Khazi or in bed. 
    Yeah I get your point, we do have another TV I can use downstairs for that. However, I have young kids and want to use it in the main room whilst they are watching their ipads and the Mrs is watching her crap cooking programmes. 

Looks pretty decent for only £199.00. 

• robroy said:
    sam3110 said:
    I haven't bothered with the Portal, I have a dedicated gaming TV in a separate room to the sky box so if I'm gaming and the wife is watching some inane bollocks about halfwits from Kensington or spouses from Atlanta we don't have to fight over the use. The only other time I'd use it is on the Khazi or in bed. 
    Yeah I get your point, we do have another TV I can use downstairs for that. However, I have young kids and want to use it in the main room whilst they are watching their ipads and the Mrs is watching her crap cooking programmes. 

Looks pretty decent for only £199.00. 

Aye, I've got one. Impressed with it. Does need a decent WiFi connection though, so if your mostly using at home, all good!
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    It just looks absolutely sublime. 

Nobuo Uematsu is a God.
  • Guess I'll be after a PS5 after Christmas! I assume the save from the first game will be used on it?
  • Guess I'll be after a PS5 after Christmas! I assume the save from the first game will be used on it?
    Not for stats I believe, but you do get an extra summon or two.
  • Been wanting a JP game like that for a long time!
  • Been wanting a JP game like that for a long time!
    Jurassic Park Trespasser tried it's best as a JP action survival fps on the pc years ago. 

Only thing that stuck in the memory was how you checked your health... If ya know, ya know.
  • It wont be like that but I always wanted a remake of Dino Crisis. 

• edited December 2023
    Light no Fire trailer. from Hello games those who made No Man's Sky. Looks like another epic. Possibly more co op based. Also all the footage below is actual in game footage instead of some theatrical trailer. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EurwCUKajdc
  • Using the late Tom Petty on the GTA 6 trailer is great touch. works so well with the footage and the feel. Plus he's from Florida. Bet a few youngsters are finding out about him and his music today.