Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Upcoming Video Games thread

Comments

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Regarding Starfield, I keep hearing "it gets really good after the first 30 hours", and Im thinking bloody hell, I could finish three or four other games in that amount of time. 
    It's the size of the game that makes it better than many. Really recommend it. 
  • Options
    Another handy tip if you're that way inclined, save the game just before killing a boss level enemy, the level of items they have, generate once they are dead, so if you're unhappy with the reward afterwards you can reload, kill them again and see if you get better stuff
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Regarding Starfield, I keep hearing "it gets really good after the first 30 hours", and Im thinking bloody hell, I could finish three or four other games in that amount of time. 
    i mean, that's like all bethesda games. a few hours in and it's a bit "eh, why do people think this is that good?" after 30 hours you're enjoying winning a war for an obscure guild or faction that's taken you a few hours to achieve that you had no idea existed whilst playing the main story
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Another handy tip if you're that way inclined, save the game just before killing a boss level enemy, the level of items they have, generate once they are dead, so if you're unhappy with the reward afterwards you can reload, kill them again and see if you get better stuff
    My first boss ran off, I didn't even get to kill him.
  • Options
    As soon as you can, do the Mantis mission (take a strong companion with you) 

I've also unlocked master for lockpicking as I want to get the best loot possible as quickly as possible, and whilst it can be a bit fiddly and time consuming, I've got really good at one-shotting most locks now
  • Options
    Downloaded the whole thing to my HDD instead of SSD last night, stuttery as anything. So pissed off.
  • Options
    I got Hogwarts Legacy for my birthday today. Been holding off from getting it as i've had a big backlog of games to play. Looks very good from what i've seen!
  • Options
    I got Hogwarts Legacy for my birthday today. Been holding off from getting it as i've had a big backlog of games to play. Looks very good from what i've seen!
    Just finishing off Ratchet & Clank & I'll then be starting on Hogwarts. Need to finish them both off in a month ready for Spiderman 2!
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Just finishing off Ratchet & Clank & I'll then be starting on Hogwarts. Need to finish them both off in a month ready for Spiderman 2!
    Oh blimey I didn't realise that was out so soon! Got Hogwarts Legacy & about half of Horizon: Forbidden West to get through! Spiderman might have to wait until Xmas
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Oh blimey I didn't realise that was out so soon! Got Hogwarts Legacy & about half of Horizon: Forbidden West to get through! Spiderman might have to wait until Xmas
    Funnily enough Horizon is the one I'm saving until all the others are done!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Baldur's Gate 3 is fantastic. Game of the year IMO 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Anyone here managed to test the new FIFA 24 FC24 yet? 

I got a beta code, played 3 games and deleted the beta, it's literally the same game but now they've shoehorned women into it, and it's super unrealistic. Watching a 5'6" Kerr outmuscle and out jump 6'3" defenders was an absolute joke, now EA aren't tied to FIFA they are less constrained with what they can do, so expect to see ultimate teams with Justin Bieber on the wing, Elastigirl in goal and Winston Churchill as an all action defensive midfielder 
    First year I'm not even bothering tbh, its been downhill for the past few years, they only seam to care about the cash cow that is ultimate team.
  • Options
    I've just started Baldur's Gate 3 on the PS5, I’ve been loving it so far.
  • Options
    EA are such greedy fuck wits. If they listened to their customers they would have an excellent product in their FIFA series. Love if someone (triple A developers due to the financial aspect of it)can pick up the FIFA rights and do what every gamer and football person would love. Plus bring back the ability to do a two footed challenge on the goalkeeper. 
  • Options
    EA are such greedy fuck wits. If they listened to their customers they would have an excellent product in their FIFA series. Love if someone (triple A developers due to the financial aspect of it)can pick up the FIFA rights and do what every gamer and football person would love. Plus bring back the ability to do a two footed challenge on the goalkeeper. 
    I'm surprised 2k haven't given it a crack yet, they have nailed golf and basketball recently, only problem is they are just as greedy as EA when it comes to micro transactions.

Whatever happened to the other football IPs that were being developed for the next gen? I can't for the life of me remember the names of them but recall a couple of teams signing partnerships with them
  • Options
    I wouldn't even mind microtransactions if it meant an actual decent, realistic football sim. I gave up on FIFA after 21 as it just seemed to get worse every year.

It's criminal how poor of a job EA have done on it with the budget they have available. Decided to give PES a try instead and it wasn't really any better. 
  • Options
    MrBurns said:
    Just ordered my first gaming laptop last week and this is top of the list, alongside Diablo 4. Got to wait 6 weeks for it to turn up but will only make it all the sweeter!
  • Options
    used to love the "professional foul" button you could press and do a foul off the ball, i swear sometimes you'd get away without even a freekick sometimes. 
  • Options
    MrBurns said:
    Just ordered my first gaming laptop last week and this is top of the list, alongside Diablo 4. Got to wait 6 weeks for it to turn up but will only make it all the sweeter!
    I’ve ploughed about 250 hours into D4 already, it’s good but you’ll be joining at the right time really. The updates for season 2 look like big improvements.

Once you’re up and running give me a shout and I’ll happily jump in game with you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone on here played this yet / any good?

I can’t believe how much games cost , and tend to buy them when the price has come down and they’ve been out a bit.
  • Options
    MrBurns said:
    I’ve ploughed about 250 hours into D4 already, it’s good but you’ll be joining at the right time really. The updates for season 2 look like big improvements.

Once you’re up and running give me a shout and I’ll happily jump in game with you.
    Nice one, will drop you a message when I'm online! 
  • Options
    Any Dayz players on here PS5?
  • Options
    Can’t wait for FFVII Rebirth, new trailer just came out tonight. I got the original on my sons Switch to play it again, completed it then bought the remaster of Crisis Core and ended up buying a PS5 to play Remake. https://youtu.be/lNVL-ygqw3w?si=UvIOdF3zImEnIPRk
  • Options
    Buying Mortal Kombat 1 just for the Homelander DLC
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I think it's an alright game, but I am bitterly disappointed by the space travel. There's too many menus, especially coming from a game like No Man's Sky where you seamlessly land 
    Yeah but No Mans Sky has taken years to get to where it is now. 

A few updates, some mods here and there and the game will benefit hugely. 

I found No Mans Sky a bit boring as there wasn't enough going on. I'd say for me, the balance is a bit better here. I am however really pissed off at the lack of main character voice acting. 
    I'm assuming that the lack of main character voice acting is due to the poor implementation of it in Fallout 4, the dialogue for the main character in Fallout 4 compared to Fallout 3 and (especially) New Vegas is pretty bad 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Can’t wait for FFVII Rebirth, new trailer just came out tonight. I got the original on my sons Switch to play it again, completed it then bought the remaster of Crisis Core and ended up buying a PS5 to play Remake. https://youtu.be/lNVL-ygqw3w?si=UvIOdF3zImEnIPRk
    Looks much bigger than FFVII Remake. Stretching from first leaving Midgar all the way up to discovering the ultimate weapons. How many parts did they say it would be again?
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Looks much bigger than FFVII Remake. Stretching from first leaving Midgar all the way up to discovering the ultimate weapons. How many parts did they say it would be again?
    Three parts with this being the second. There’s a few quotes on the official Twitter page, one of them mentions this one being “nearly 100 hours of adventure”. 
  • Options

Our ratings in FC24
  • Options
    Just started my first new game plus on Starfield. 6 days, 14 hours in 😅