Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Upcoming Video Games thread

Comments

• Options
    After playing FFVII Remake I’ve made good progress on FFXVI - what other PS5 games would anyone recommend? I want games with great stories and characters that I can really get into without battles being too difficult.
  • Options
    EA are such greedy fuck wits. If they listened to their customers they would have an excellent product in their FIFA series. Love if someone (triple A developers due to the financial aspect of it)can pick up the FIFA rights and do what every gamer and football person would love. Plus bring back the ability to do a two footed challenge on the goalkeeper. 
    used to love the "professional foul" button you could press and do a foul off the ball, i swear sometimes you'd get away without even a freekick sometimes. 
    Oh yeah! there was a button that did a two-footed lunge for a while. PES had a dive button for when your shirt was being pulled. It was mostly a yellow card for diving unless you timed it perfectly. Hugely satisfying when you got it right. 
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I think it's an alright game, but I am bitterly disappointed by the space travel. There's too many menus, especially coming from a game like No Man's Sky where you seamlessly land 
    Yeah but No Mans Sky has taken years to get to where it is now. 

A few updates, some mods here and there and the game will benefit hugely. 

I found No Mans Sky a bit boring as there wasn't enough going on. I'd say for me, the balance is a bit better here. I am however really pissed off at the lack of main character voice acting. 
    I'm assuming that the lack of main character voice acting is due to the poor implementation of it in Fallout 4, the dialogue for the main character in Fallout 4 compared to Fallout 3 and (especially) New Vegas is pretty bad 
    Also generally extremely difficult to implement in an rpg where you can make your character any gender/size/ethnicity etc. Apparently it's why they dropped a lot of story in cyberpunk 2077 for this reason.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Can’t wait for FFVII Rebirth, new trailer just came out tonight. I got the original on my sons Switch to play it again, completed it then bought the remaster of Crisis Core and ended up buying a PS5 to play Remake. https://youtu.be/lNVL-ygqw3w?si=UvIOdF3zImEnIPRk
    What an absurdly good trailer..

I have dreamed of fighting the weapons and exploring the open world more of FF7 on HD. Golden Saucer my word.

I really really hope they do this someday for other final fantasies, in particular VIII. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Can’t wait for FFVII Rebirth, new trailer just came out tonight. I got the original on my sons Switch to play it again, completed it then bought the remaster of Crisis Core and ended up buying a PS5 to play Remake. https://youtu.be/lNVL-ygqw3w?si=UvIOdF3zImEnIPRk

I have dreamed of fighting the weapons and exploring the open world more of FF7 on HD. Golden Saucer my word.

I really really hope they do this someday for other final fantasies, in particular VIII. 
    FFVIII was my first. The story was beyond anything I've ever played. Easily my favourite. 

Squall, Zell, Irvine, Selphie, Rinoa and Quistis... what a solid crew. 
  • Options
    EastStand said:
    Just started my first new game plus on Starfield. 6 days, 14 hours in 😅
    I'm probably about a day and a half in now. I've only done the first four main missions, I got massively distracted by misc and faction missions.

I finally picked up a sniper rifle last night, it's a game changer.

I didn't want to 'cheat' when I first started playing, but I have found myself Googling occasional mission conclusions.

I've also found a few small bugs. AND caves are annoying, the torch is pretty useless.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:

FFVIII was my first. The story was beyond anything I've ever played. Easily my favourite. 

Squall, Zell, Irvine, Selphie, Rinoa and Quistis... what a solid crew. 
    Yeah same, I bought it cause I was obsessed with the fact it was 4 discs so I thought I was getting really good value for my money as a kid. I then played 7 after and of course 9.

I remember being really stuck on 8 at times when I was younger as the junction system was a bit more complex than a typical level up system which was always fairly linear. Absolutely amazing game regardless for me then.

Bit of a random story but I had a real fear of flying, like hated the idea. The song 'Blue Fields' is what I played on my first long haul flight during take-off to calm my nerves and ever since has been a real relaxing song for me. Just in general the game had an amazing soundtrack. Of course FF does in general. Nobuo Uematsu is a God.
  • Options
    New Xbox consoles leaked, well not exactly new, a refreshed design and the X goes 100% digital 

https://www.eurogamer.net/new-xbox-series-xs-consoles-detailed-in-enormous-microsoft-leak
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Our ratings in FC24
    Isted better rated for shooting than Miles? Get him up top
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    After playing FFVII Remake I’ve made good progress on FFXVI - what other PS5 games would anyone recommend? I want games with great stories and characters that I can really get into without battles being too difficult.
    Some of the games mentioned previously in this thread would definitely fit this criteria if you play them on 'Story mode'. Ghost of Tsushima, Horizon Zero Dawn/Forbidden West, The Uncharted series and God of War/Ragnarok are all brilliant story based 3rd person games that I would highly recommend if you haven't played them.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Scoham said:
    Some of the games mentioned previously in this thread would definitely fit this criteria if you play them on 'Story mode'. Ghost of Tsushima, Horizon Zero Dawn/Forbidden West, The Uncharted series and God of War/Ragnarok are all brilliant story based 3rd person games that I would highly recommend if you haven't played them.

Thanks, Uncharted 2 on PS3 is the only one I’ve played. I enjoyed that and completed that. Good point about story mode, I didn’t use that on FFVII Remake but have on XVI. It’s been useful as the battles can get repetitive and it means I can make progress every time I play - don’t get loads of time having a young family.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I want games with great stories and characters that I can really get into without battles being too difficult.
    Dark Souls would be right up your street. 
  • Options
    Don't know if Baldur's Gate 3 has been mentioned on here, or if it is really people's thing.

But I don't think I have enjoyed a game as much since I played Mass Effect 2.
  • Options
    Ross said:
    GTA 6 announced

https://x.com/rockstargames/status/1722237703553798312?s=46&t=XdBs_XeDXSAdjHeYQgMcFA

Next month marks the 25th anniversary of Rockstar Games.

Thanks to the incredible support of our players worldwide, we have had the opportunity to create games we are truly passionate about — without you, none of this would be possible, and we are so grateful to all of you for sharing this journey with us.

In 1998, Rockstar Games was founded on the idea that video games could come to be as essential to culture as any other form of entertainment, and we hope that we have created games you love in our efforts to be part of that evolution.

We are very excited to let you know that in early December, we will release the first trailer for the next Grand Theft Auto.

We look forward to many more years of sharing these experiences with all of you.

Thank you,

Sam Houser
    It will smash every record ever set I reckon in terms of units sold.

I can't think of a more anticipated game ever and it's still one of the most played games in the world despite being over 10 years old.

The kind of game I am willing to book time off work to get completely lost in it.
    This. Basically just take my money, whatever price they charge it won’t be enough for the amount of hours I will spend on it. GTA is one of those games that you always have an urge to play it for a couple hours here and there. Biggest entertainment franchise in the world for me.
  • Options
    Went downhill after GTA 2
  • Options
    Can't bloody wait! 
  • Options
    As good as the last GTA is, Vice City, for me is the greatest.

Either way, the next one is going to epic in everyway.
  • Options
    Can't wait for it tbh.

Also this year is the first in about 15 that I haven't got the new EA football franchise game. Suddenly finding myself actually finishing games properly like the AC games, finally finishing Hogwarts Legacy, and actually completing a full season on F1 etc. instead of just piling all my time and effort into ultimate team and basically spinning my wheels the entire year not actually achieving anything 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc999 said:
    As good as the last GTA is, Vice City, for me is the greatest.

Either way, the next one is going to epic in everyway.
    I still think San Andreas was the best all round. Vice City had the best story. 

• Options
    For personal connection to the game and how ground breaking it felt at the time...

San Andreas
    GTA 3
    Vice City - the only one I didn't own, probably higher if I did
    GTA 5
    GTA 4
    (GTA 1 & 2 I did play but hard to compare...)
  • Options
    Really think they should do what the did with san Andreas, and vice city and set it back in a particular period of time. Remake GTA London which was set in the 60s and have Austin powers as your main character. 
  • Options
    Really think they should do what the did with san Andreas, and vice city and set it back in a particular period of time. Remake GTA London which was set in the 60s and have Austin powers as your main character. 
    Or better yet Michael Cain. 
  • Options
    Just reading in the i that Zelda the legend of Zelda is going to be made into a film. 
  • Options
    Don't know if Baldur's Gate 3 has been mentioned on here, or if it is really people's thing.

But I don't think I have enjoyed a game as much since I played Mass Effect 2.
    I'm so so tempted. Not a genre i've played much of but it looks insane!
  • Options
    Just dropped £69.99 on MW3. After about six years out, really enjoyed the MP on the last one. 

Won't be telling the Mrs what I've paid haha. 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Just dropped £69.99 on MW3. After about six years out, really enjoyed the MP on the last one. 

Won't be telling the Mrs what I've paid haha. 
    I haven't bought a COD game since MW3 the first time round. Is it good?
  • Options
    CoD you can't really go wrong imo, there are some better than others but if you treat each one as stand alone games, they're always decent.

I hammered last CoD and the ranked play. A few of my mates are buying it and are gonna do some weekend private lobbies. 

Just a simple and easy game to play.

Would love a GTA London but exactly the size of London, every street and road the same. I also think as long as they did some false stereotypes here it would also do well comedy wise.

Just found out as well what the highest game sold is and nevermind my post, GTA will not surpass it. 

GTA V ranks 3rd with around 180 million units sold, Minecraft second with over 300 million and finally Tetris  with over 500 million, a lot due to mobile phone sales apparently.

Reckon this coming GTA will clear 200 million