Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No Solly, Watt and Reza against Hull

Comments

• Options
    Fumbluff said:

Goodnight, 3 games in and we're up against it, need a plan B.

Plan B is a load of old, unemployed, English pro's in January - you know the drill.....
    Who will be fully Charltonized by the time they leave....ie unemployable in football from that point on...
  • Options
    Losing Solly and Watt are massive losses. I'd be keen to see us try something new to make up for it that might involve JBG playing up front instead of Tony Watt, purely for the directness up top we'll lose without him.
  • Options
    Sounds as if the only definite to miss the game is reza , the others are a possibility to miss the game ... With reza coming back it should be fine!
  • Options
    Well there goes my confidence for a good result Saturday.
  • Options
    Igor back next week! Get in.
  • Options
    I hope Igor isn't risked if there is any doubt about him contributing meaningfully. Real same about Reza, he looked like he was hungry and willing to fight for a start.
  • Options
    Also Watt and Solly are doubtful - both are not definitely our going by the quotes. Either way, Hull are strong so I would pack the middle of the park and have Big Mak in his own.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Addicks boss provides an update on the fitness of five members of his first-team squad
    George Jones reports

Guy Luzon has revealed that the Addicks have doubts over the fitness of Chris Solly and Tony Watt ahead of Saturday’s Championship clash with Hull City at The Valley.

Solly was caught with a late challenge by Nottingham Forest’s Chris Burke in the closing stages of Tuesday night’s goalless draw, while Watt is suffering with a calf complaint.

And speaking at his pre-match press conference, Luzon confirmed that the pair could miss out at the weekend, whilst also providing an update on Igor Vetokele, Stephen Henderson and Reza Ghoochannejhad.

“Tony Watt is injured and I’m not sure that he will take part in the Hull match,” said the Charlton boss.

“Chris Solly is feeling his ankle and we’re not sure about him either.”

“Reza will miss the next month,” Luzon added “He played well when he came on against Nottingham but he’s hurt his knee and we will have to see how he is.

“Igor is not close to starting a match but he is close to coming back into the squad. That is the situation at the moment. I hope to have him available to be part of the squad next week, maybe.

“Henderson is also still injured but after the international break he should be close to coming back.”

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/team-news-watt-and-solly-doubtful-for-hull-clash-2634668.aspx#K4YLPOFHuJ3EZmdf.99
  • Options
    Is Tony Watt really injured? Wasn't taken off for a knock in Nottingham, and Tone had a moan on Instagram yesterday
  • Options
    All this doom and gloom from some!!

There are several perfectly adequate options for GL to choose from (some already mentioned above). Players get injured and cover is needed - but cover is never quite as good as the first choice and that's the same for any team.

We'll be fine.
  • Options
    Guy Luzon mind games? Didn't he intimate that TWWW was doubtful against Derby?

What was the moan on Instagram?
  • Options
  • Options
    bobcafc7 said:

We need another right back cover but we don't need another striker , it's just unfortunate we have three out at the same time , if we had 6 strikers who would you leave out every week when they're fit?
    Either go 4-5-1 with cousins Ba and kashi in centre and Mak up top or cabbelos, KAG up with up , it's who to play at right back is the problem I would probably go with cousins but can see it being Cook.

Completely disagree, We have Charles-Cook who can fill in at RB or even Cousins can play there BUT we have no strikers who can score goals................ goals win you games & I predict we wont score against Hull or wolves, unless a proven goalscorer is brought in.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Anybody listening to the Ashes on TMS today? Graeme Swann mentioned he was at the Forest game and Solly apparently pulled off the biggest "dive". Was it a tackle likely to cause injury or is this possibly just recurrence of Solly's dodgy knee's?
  • Options

bobcafc7 said:

We need another right back cover but we don't need another striker , it's just unfortunate we have three out at the same time , if we had 6 strikers who would you leave out every week when they're fit?
    Either go 4-5-1 with cousins Ba and kashi in centre and Mak up top or cabbelos, KAG up with up , it's who to play at right back is the problem I would probably go with cousins but can see it being Cook.

Completely disagree, We have Charles-Cook who can fill in at RB or even Cousins can play there BUT we have no strikers who can score goals................ goals win you games & I predict we wont score against Hull or wolves, unless a proven goalscorer is brought in.
    And I disagree with you ( for a change ) .
  • Options

bobcafc7 said:

Well know by 5pm saturday Golfie, my money is on a Big Mak brace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Your fecking joking!! I travel thousands of fecking miles to watch a game and to see first hand the sheer arrogance and silky skills of Reza and the man is injured??! ;)
  • Options
    in my opinion we should always play with a back 4, not a back 3 with wingback or anything else fancy.

mess around in front of the back 4, personally I'd go 433 with those (possibly) available - Kashi, Cousins, Ba and JBG, Cellebos and Mak
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Cousins right back ... That's is position as a youth player gives you height and pace ..... Ba back into the middle ....

Not sure what major benefit there is in height for a full-back?

"Chris Solly Solly, he's only 5 ..........."
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    If no Watt or Solly... erm... God knows. 451. I'd go with Mak up top. JBG behind in midfield with Cousins and Harriott on the wings, and Kashi and Jacko central. Lennon or Holmes-Dennis as RB with Diarra and Bauer and Fox in defence. The Pontiff in goal. Jesus wept... thank goodness I'm not the manager. I'd be terrible at making these decisions!
  • Options
    Reza's no loss is he? He's barely played for us in the last year. Watt and Solly will be missed though. I'd give Grant another go and bring Charles-Cook in at right back.
  • Options

Reza's no loss is he? He's barely played for us in the last year. Watt and Solly will be missed though. I'd give Grant another go and bring Charles-Cook in at right back.

I'd agree with that.
  • Options
    This^^^
  • Options
    Some said to watt that Luzon is his D'amato, watt replied saying that he never took Tyson off after 60mins....