Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crystal Palace away (Wed 23rd Sept, 2,900 tickets) - SOLD OUT

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

So, as a season ticket holder who went to Peterborough, but bought my ticket there I don't qualify to buy my tickets tomorrow.
    You have to have bought your Peterborough tickets at the Valley!
    I have kept my Peterborough ticket as proof I went, and mentioned it to my companions in the car we ought to hang on to them to get Crystal Palace tickets.
    Is there any reason why you have to not only have gone to Peterborough, but also have purchased the tickets from Charlton?
    My decision to go last Tuesday was made quite late on due to a variety of circumstances, so I could not have bought them from Charlton in advance.
    Seems an idiotic, illogical and alienating decision by Charlton to add that restrictive rider to the allocation.

There will be plenty of tickets on 7 September for ST Holders and VG members - you'll get a ticket.

I make the condition right - as PL54 says, it proves YOU bought the ticket rather than someone who went to Peterborough and who can't make the Palace game just giving someone the ticket to jump the queue for no valid reason.
    OK, I get that. Presumably the offer to Peterborough purchasers was to reward the loyal folk who travelled away, but not all of them, as there were quite a few other Charlton fans there who like me bought on the night.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

So, as a season ticket holder who went to Peterborough, but bought my ticket there I don't qualify to buy my tickets tomorrow.
    I have kept my Peterborough ticket as proof I went, and mentioned it to my companions in the car we ought to hang on to them to get Crystal Palace tickets.
    Is there any reason why you have to not only have gone to Peterborough, but also have purchased the tickets from Charlton?
    My decision to go last Tuesday was made quite late on due to a variety of circumstances, so I could not have bought them from Charlton in advance.
    Seems an idiotic, illogical and alienating decision by Charlton to add that restrictive rider to the allocation.

There will be plenty of tickets on 7 September for ST Holders and VG members - you'll get a ticket.

I make the condition right - as PL54 says, it proves YOU bought the ticket rather than someone who went to Peterborough and who can't make the Palace game just giving someone the ticket to jump the queue for no valid reason.
    OK, I get that. Presumably the offer to Peterborough purchasers was to reward the loyal folk who travelled away, but not all of them, as there were quite a few other Charlton fans there who like me bought on the night.
    Presumably it is to reward the loyal traveling Peterborough purchasers that the club actually have a record of personally purchasing a ticket.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

Presumably it is to reward the loyal traveling Peterborough purchasers that the club actually have a record of personally purchasing a ticket.
    Aha, the data collection angle.

• Options
    seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

I'd rather call it the proof angle!!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

Yeah. The club can assume I am a liar unless I prove otherwise.
    Building a better tomorrow together I believe it is called.
    Way to go Charlton Athletic, yay!
  • Options
    seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

It's not about you, Seth - it's a general principle as you well know.

• Options
    bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

No, it's all been done deliberately to get at Seth (in his head at least)
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

The general principle is to assume the (150 or so) Charlton fans who bought on the night would then give away their tickets to unsavoury types who would sneakily get Crystal Palace away tickets, bring shame on the club, and in the absence of data be untraceable?
    Yep, looks like a big problem, and the club have done well to head it off at the pass, bastards as I was just about to sell off my Peterborough ticket for £5000 too.

• Options
    seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

The general principle is to assume the (150 or so) Charlton fans who bought on the night would then give away their tickets to unsavoury types who would sneakily get Crystal Palace away tickets, bring shame on the club, and in the absence of data be untraceable?
    Yep, looks like a big problem, and the club have done well to head it off at the pass, bastards as I was just about to sell off my Peterborough ticket for £5000 too.

Beyond parody.
  • Options
    Seats to be available from the Valley Ticket Office and via phone, BUT NOT ONLINE

Tickets for Charlton’s third-round Capital One Cup tie at Crystal Palace will go on restricted sale at 9am on Wednesday, 2nd September.

Seats for the South London derby will initially be available to Valley Gold members who are also season ticket holders, as well as season ticket holders who attended the the round two fixture at Peterborough and had bought their tickets for that game through the Valley Ticket Office.

Fans who meet this criteria will be able to buy two tickets.

From Monday, September 7th, all season ticket holders and Valley Gold members will eligible to buy up to two tickets each.

And from Monday, September 14th any remaining tickets will be made available to Red Card holders, who will be allowed to buy one ticket each.

Seats can be purchased in person at the Valley Ticket Office or by calling 03330 14 44 44. Tickets for the Crystal Palace fixture will NOT be available online.

Ticket Prices:
    Adult: £20.00
    Concessions Over 65: £10.00
    Under 22: £10.00
    Students (With a valid I.D): £10.00
    Under 18: £5.00

Ambulant Disabled and Helper: (12 pairs)
    Adult and Concession (Student, Over 65 and Under 22): £10
    Under 18: £5

Wheelchair and Helper: (11 Bays)
    Adult and Concession (Student, Over 65 and Under 22): £10
    Under 18: £5

Full selling criteria:

Wednesday 2nd September (two tickets)
    Valley Gold members who are season ticket holders
    Season ticket holders who have attended Round 2 fixture at Peterborough (Peterborough ticket purchase must have been via CAFC ticket office)

Monday 7th September (two tickets)
    Season ticket holders
    Valley Gold members

Monday 14th September (one ticket)
    Existing Red card holders

Valley Express will be a running a coach service to the game, priced at £12.

Full details:
    Dartford – arrive at Heath Lane, By Retail Park at junction with Prince’s road by 15:45 ready to depart at 16:00pm
    Bexleyheath- Albion Road at rear of Civic Offices 16:15pm
    Bromley – Bromley North Station at 16:45pm
    Eltham – Well Hall Road junction with Dickson Road at 17:05pm
    Charlton – Anchor & Hope Lane Bus stop at 17:20p

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-crystal-palace-full-selling-information-2662591.aspx#TLpJMfeLxDf8KF4E.99
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    EastStand said:

He's gone guys. His IT teacher just caught him using the computer to w*nk over videos of a load of big European men bouncing up and down together while waving colourful flags around.

Link?
  • Options
    So we don't turn into Millwall Lite,
    we have a handy man for the broken seats.
    We have The Plumber for the toilets,
    and the AA for the drunks broken wing mirrors on stand by.
    We are trainspotters and we lose that tag at our Peril.
  • Options
    Will this reach red card members i wonder?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

I know a season ticket holder who travelled up by coach For The Peterborough game and bought a Match ticket on the night, would he qualify for a Palace ticket as presumably the club would have a record of his coach ticket.

• Options
    The implication that the club, or any business, would go out of its way to use the data it has harvested for its own purposes in order to better serve paying customers:

• Options

Hope so. Will we get more tickets?
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

3k initial, hopefully will increase!
  • Options

ChiAddick said:

3k initial, hopefully will increase!
    Didn't someone say the other day that the nigels are already selling tickets in the Arthur Waite shed to their own half-wits? If that's the case then unlikely we'll get any more.
  • Options
    Yeah they might put that silly blanket between the fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuI3Yrqm4wc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So to be clear, someone getting on the coach at Bromley will be travelling via Eltham and Charlton en route to Selhurst Park. Could someone lend the club a map?

Yes, I thought that, but am nearly at the, "I can't be bothered anymore", as you just get criticised for moaning.
  • Options

So to be clear, someone getting on the coach at Bromley will be travelling via Eltham and Charlton en route to Selhurst Park. Could someone lend the club a map?

So they haven't improved then! I remember being picked up in
    Larkfield , coach then picked up in dart ford then went to new Eltham then back through the dartford tunnel surprise surprise we were late and missed kickoff and the charlton goal
  • Options
    Badger said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

I know a season ticket holder who travelled up by coach For The Peterborough game and bought a Match ticket on the night, would he qualify for a Palace ticket as presumably the club would have a record of his coach ticket.

Probably not ? I remember a little crowd including a couple of girls who used to go by the coach to away games who quite often never went into the grounds to watch the game?

• Options

Reckon Mr Cheesewright must be driving it.
  • Options

Badger said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

Probably not ? I remember a little crowd including a couple of girls who used to go by the coach to away games who quite often never went into the grounds to watch the game?

What ?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

But who quite conceivably might not have actually attended the game. I'm with Seth on this one.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

No, it's all been done deliberately to get at Seth (in his head at least)
    Your psychological insight is flawed. For me I am simply annoyed by the discrepancy which prevents me getting tickets tomorrow. Your little dig is unnecessary but not unusual.
  • Options
    That actually went relatively smoothly, well done to the ticket office.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

That must be a first, praise for the ticket office.

• Options

se9addick said:

That must be a first, praise for the ticket office.

I haven't actually received my tickets yet !