Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crystal Palace away (Wed 23rd Sept, 2,900 tickets) - SOLD OUT

Comments

• Options
    Dannoo_86 said:

Anyone know how many tickets have been sold so far?

:)
  • Options
    Season-ticket holders who are Valley Gold members; supporters who regularly attend away games and via recognised supporters' groups; remaining season-ticket holders and Valley Gold members; Red Card holders with an adequate purchase history who are not season-ticket holders.

but no priority was given to regular away fans

• Options
    My Dad rang at 9am and tried option 6, it didn't work, so he tried queuing the normal way - gave up after 25 mins as he had a train to catch. My Mum took over, new call, queued for 35 minutes and then got cut off... I then tried from work, queued for 38 minutes... got cut off.

Decided to try option 6 again and got through after 5 rings - total phone call less than 3 or 4 minutes.

Option 6 is the way to go. If it doesn't work, try and try again!
  • Options

Palace would be daft not to give us another 1,000. We'd easily sell them.

hope they do as it is a business and there will be clearly demand so cant see why they wont unless police advise them not to.
    Police don't want ours ticketless heading over. Wouldn't surprise me at all if we get another 1k
  • Options
    Why would you go to a game if you didn't have a ticket?
  • Options
    If I take 3 ST's with me on Monday morning can I buy 6 despite the 3 ST holders not being present?
  • Options

If I take 3 ST's with me on Monday morning can I buy 6 despite the 3 ST holders not being present?

Yes, on the basis that I've done it for more than 10 years. You might want to ensure that you have their con numbers, names & addresses in case they are needed. I have been asked for all 3 at various times.
  • Options

Yes, on the basis that I've done it for more than 10 years. You might want to ensure that you have their con numbers, names & addresses in case they are needed. I have been asked for all 3 at various times.
    Lovely, cheers.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    WSS said:

More likely to find touts there than in your home.

Topical
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:

For a punch-up (obviously!!) :wink:
  • Options

My Dad rang at 9am and tried option 6, it didn't work, so he tried queuing the normal way - gave up after 25 mins as he had a train to catch. My Mum took over, new call, queued for 35 minutes and then got cut off... I then tried from work, queued for 38 minutes... got cut off.

Decided to try option 6 again and got through after 5 rings - total phone call less than 3 or 4 minutes.

Option 6 is the way to go. If it doesn't work, try and try again!

Tried & failed several times this morning on options 2 and 6. Option 2 working fine now, short wait and got 2 tickets. COYA!!
  • Options
    got our tickets, think it will be Golfie junior's first trip to Shithurst
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Definitely not going to be any buses serving East Kent? All I've seen so far is Dartford, Bexleyheath, Charlton and Bromley.
  • Options
    i cant imagine that tickets in the home end would go to general sale if they do i know for a fact i will be getting one if i miss out
  • Options

i cant imagine that tickets in the home end would go to general sale if they do i know for a fact i will be getting one if i miss out

Perhaps if you don't mention that on a widely read Charlton forum there might be more chance of it happening...
  • Options

se9addick said:

Perhaps if you don't mention that on a widely read Charlton forum there might be more chance of it happening...
    Lets hope they don't keep an eye out for a Mr. Goodbyehorse.
    Dressed all in red humming "Mull of Kintyre" all match long.
  • Options
    675 sold
  • Options
    Why are they not selling them online?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I very much doubt more tickets will be available. 1000 @£20 would not see Cabaye in wages through the week. Palace need to progress and giving more away tickets will not really help their efforts?
  • Options
    WSS said:

You've never done that?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I don't think the money comes into it from Palace's and the police's perspective. It's all about managing the crowd on the night.

They would be lucky to make £5 per head after concessions, VAT, levy to the League, revenue split with Charlton, etc.

I doubt if they think the number of Charlton supporters has any relevance to the outcome either, but any club would want to maximise its home support if there is demand for tickets, because there's no downside to it.
  • Options
    Got 2 this morning .
  • Options
    What's the best number to call the box office on? Last time this was going off for Millwall in April I seem to recollect half the people were dialling one number, myself including, and half another, both working but one was much quicker than the other.

Is it all sorted now with just one operational number?
  • Options
    I think it's option 6 rather than 2 everyone keeps saying gets them through quicker
  • Options
    We used option 6 yesterday and got through quite quickly in mid-afternoon. They were never going to all go first thing, so little point dialling in at 9 when the "rush" was on.

All dealt with really quickly and efficiently as usual. Can't wait :smiley:
  • Options
    Two tickets sorted yesterday, as well as for the trip to Cardiff
  • Options

se9addick said:

can you imagine the carnage on Monday, there can only be about 2000 fans eligible to buy today

You have to question the wisdom of giving two tickets per eligible supporter, anyone willing to play devils advocate and argue why it might make sense for this fixture ?
    The origin of this is that children can't be Valley Gold members. If a VG member could only buy one ticket and wants to go with their child then they could never make use of their ticket priority as they'd never get seats together.

Originally it was one adult and one child for VG members, but people would buy the child and then change it for an adult later, so in the end the club decided VG season-ticket holders could have two adults.

I agree that it is dubious to offer other qualifying season-ticket holders two tickets each on the same basis, and both potentially give priority to non-season-ticket holders over season-ticket holders (and priority to people who didn't travel to Peterborough over people who did), but to go to one-each would be to make an assumption about the overall demand that the club may not share. It also wants to sell the tickets efficiently.

There will be very few VG members who are not season-ticket holders AND want to go to Palace, so I don't think it matters much that they get joint second priority with STs.

The stipulation excluding people who bought Peterborough tickets on the night will just be to make life simpler for the staff.

End of the day we all know games that will sell like hot cakes. This is one of them, so you simply make it 1 per ST or VG for these games. Only we could have an alloaction system that potentially puts tickets in the hands of people who have never watched Charlton before, over loyal ST and away-match attending supporters.

And I speak as somone who has benefitted from this before, but it's a ridiclious system.

• Options
    We not sold this out yet ... ? :- )