Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wolves v Charlton Athletic | 29 August 2015 | Pre-match news, views and predictions

Comments

• Options
    Watching Luzon, and hearing is consistent focus on winning, and claiming the 3 points, not worrying about the :name: of anyone we face... It seems the perfect strategy for the championship... A chance to "dare to win" in a league where the quality of the top teams is relatively closely matched...

I think we are going to at least claim a point, and my feeling is there is a very decent chance we might win.

He has assembled a very decent squad, if a touch light, verts is well up for us, and I feel there are a lot of decent options across the team.

Hmmm... quiet optimism, it's been a while since I've felt like this...
  • Options
    Ba and kashi to start in midfield, cousins out wide left if solly fit
    1-1
  • Options
    Wolves are much better than their current position would indicate. Played QPR off the park for the first 40 mins.

And they need the points badly.

We are full of confidence but still think we could come unstuck here but hopefully sneak a 1-1.
  • Options

Wolves are much better than their current position would indicate. Played QPR off the park for the first 40 mins.

And they need the points badly.

We are full of confidence but still think we could come unstuck here but hopefully sneak a 1-1.

So we contain Wolves for 40mins and then go on to score three goals.

Seriously that is what I'd try and do if I were Luzon
  • Options
    I can't see us winning this one 2-0 to them.
  • Options
    I watched the Cardiff - Wolves game last week. Wolves were poor. Can we expect them to be as poor at home? Probably not, but I don't think they'll be great, so I'm going out on a limb here and predicting we'll get at least a point.
  • Options
    I'm gonna go for a 2-1 win...

Dont see the fuss about Wolves this season, they failed to replace Bakary Sako and so dont have anyone to create anything for Dicko and Afobe... Wolves are playing us at the wrong time and we're playing them at the right time

Dont think they'll be relegated but do reckon its gonna be second season syndrome for them and a large dose of reality is whats needed for them to recover
  • Options
    Confident that we'll get at least a point.
  • Options
    Btw, does anyone know it tickets will be available on the day? I may go but won't know till Saturday morning whether I am able to do so given orher commitments.
  • Options
    first league away win of the season against toothless Wolves .. attack attack .. attack attack attack .. we'll throw the wolves to the Addicks

Wolverhampton Wanderers 0 v CAFC 2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another point and the same number of points after 5 games as last season.
  • Options

Btw, does anyone know it tickets will be available on the day? I may go but won't know till Saturday morning whether I am able to do so given orher commitments.

on os it says no ticket sales on the day.
  • Options
    17-1 in the Wolverhampton Wolves favour.

The Haddocks coming in with the worst scorecard in NFL history... sorry MLS wait no...

Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club 1-0 Charlton Athletic Football Club
  • Options
    1-0 win for the addicks
    JBG pen
  • Options
    With Rotherham and udders coming up after break, at home.
    Will continue to predict an away draw, like i did with our 1st 2 away games.
  • Options
    Would be very happy with a draw but I have a feeling that will be hard to come by. More likely a narrow defeat but still a great start from the five games we were given in August.
  • Options
    Wolves away can't be relied upon for easy points despite that 4-0 from a decade ago. I'd take another draw.
  • Options
    This'll be our hardest match of the year so far. Wolves have had a stuttering start and will be keen to get the season up and running. We have a strong spine even with Igor and Tony not up to full speed. KAG has improved a lot since the QPR match. But Wolves are one of our nemesis teams. No matter how well we'll play, more often than not we have come off second best. On current form, my heart tells me a draw at least but my head is saying Wolves win just because it's Wolves.
  • Options
    Clatter Afobe early on. He won't fancy getting crocked and missing out on a big payday move.

Does that make me a bad person ?
  • Options

on os it says no ticket sales on the day.
    Ah! Cheers. Guess I've had that one then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sweet dreams are made of this, 0-2 .
  • Options
    I see this game as a bit of an acid test.
    A team that was going to do something this season would win.
    A draw jury still out.
    A defeat, not the end of the world, it's only one game after all, but I can't help thinking that a top six side would win this game.
    I predict 1-1.
    Off now to take those fence splinters out of my arse
  • Options
    Was at that 0-4 in 2003, all goals in the first half if I remember correctly?

We're looking good but a few injuries may show a shallow squad. Love big mak, and now he's got one I think he'll get a couple more.

1-1 and would take that happily.
  • Options
    If we are worried about Pope letting the ball come back off of his body, ie against Hull, I have seen two identical cases lately from Premier goalies, One for Everton last night, so I think we should give Pope a bit more slack
  • Options
    happy with a draw although i think we have more goals in our side than they have theirs so could p[ossibly neak a 1-0 or 2-1
  • Options
    No Watt. Solly a possible. Luzon press conference
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m1 minute ago
    GL | "We are, of course, aware of @OfficialWolves. They have some very good players but we are focused on ourselves." #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 2m2 minutes ago
    GL | "Tony Watt is still injured. Chris Solly may be back to face @OfficialWolves." #cafc
  • Options
    Charlton Ticket News ‏@CAFCTickets 4m4 minutes ago
    The deadline to buy @OfficialWolves away has been extended by 24 hours to 1pm tomorrow. #cafc