Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wolves v Charlton Athletic | 29 August 2015 | Pre-match news, views and predictions

124»

Comments

• Options
    1-2 to us.
  • Options
    0-0 I reckon, keeping our record of drawing away matches and winning home ones.
  • Options
    Recent games between these sides have been tight and I don't expect this one to be any different. Wolves are a decent team and have two speedy strikers in Dicko and Afobe, who will test us. I really like Guy's positivity but, taking a step back, a draw would be a satisfactory result and would take us into the international break in fine fettle.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

I think you guys are all getting too carried away. Remember Hull played crap but could easily have beaten us in the last 20 minutes.
    A draw if Solly plays. Maybe a win if Watt is in the team.

You're right.

Teams must hate playing us as everyone we've beaten have played crap against us and we've been lucky.

I'm looking forward to the day when we play well.

• Options
    Back to reality, 3-0 Wolves.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Would take a draw right now as it is another tough away game. Wolves will want to put their recent poor run to an end and they probably will. 2-0 Wolves but still in the top 10, all looks good down at the Valley.
  • Options
    Charlton to win, Brighton and Ipswich draw and I collect on 66/1 Charlton top of the table on 1st Sep
  • Options
    God, thought my top 6 bet was optimistic !
  • Options

What did Jesus reckon?
  • Options
    If we approach the game positively, they are there for the beating. Pay them too much respect and it gives them a far better chance. A goal to us and we need to look for the second, the crowd will help us and making their fans work for us has to be the main tactic tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What did Jesus reckon?
    I think he mentioned that Pope would save us, at least that was what he said in his News Hopper article.
  • Options
    Looking forward to the game if not the location,
    This was me the last time i went to Wolverhampton.
    Mama weer all crazee now.
  • Options
    Good if the Pope can save us ? (if Jesus doesn't get picked)

But don't let Afobe knock in the rebound !
  • Options
    On current form, we will be a hard nut to crack - So sod a few of these comments, about back to reality!
  • Options
    Wolves are another 4-4-2 team. I fancy us against anyone playing 4-4-2 at the moment.

In the SKY game against Hull, they looked open at the back. Stearman & Hause are a new CB partnership and not particularly mobile. The B4 drops off and allows space in front to play into which will suit TWWW if he is playing. Their scout last week would have seen Big Mak as the target man & KAG running in behind, so we can surmise their B4 will be dropping off to cut down the space in behind them. Which should benefit TWWW,s link up play.
    Afobe & Dicko up front were a quick and mobile, front running partnership, so we will need to be wary of that.

On the train up. Interesting Saturday morning at Euston. Wet Spam going to Liverpool, Watford to Man City & QPR to Huddersfield. A few Charlton about.
  • Options
    Luzon said after the Posh game that Watt wont be fit - but should be ready after the international break. Was he playing mind games?
  • Options
    TW on Instagram 10mins ago - "Good work done for Saturday, couple days until I'm back training fully. Come on boys bring home the 3 points go into the international break unbeaten"
  • Options
    May as well give us the 3 points now then
  • Options
    Keep things tight for the first 20, let the tension in the home support get to the players, etc

Katrien has been photographed on the train incidentally. It's amazing to think it's only 8 months since the Watford game...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If I see her I'll tackle her on why Luxon's appointment was such a fiasco.

• Options
    andyg90 said:

TW on Instagram 10mins ago - "Good work done for Saturday, couple days until I'm back training fully. Come on boys bring home the 3 points go into the international break unbeaten"

Be so nice to go into the break unbeaten. Sets us up for 2 winnable home games (just the sort we would lose then!) With Watt and a fully fit Igor to go back alongside Mak and KAG as back up. Henderson hopefully back along with a new signing and Ceballos too.
  • Options
    Just a note from Twitter and our U18s today...

Charlton Athletic 9-0 Queens Park Rangers

Hats off to our youngsters today
  • Options

Only a £3 bet. Also stuck a cheeky £3 on us to win the league and T Watt to be top scorer 700+/1, now thats optimistic!