Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wolves v Charlton Athletic | 29 August 2015 | Pre-match news, views and predictions

Comments

• Options
    i think an early goal for Wolves will really give them a boost and really put us under the cosh, if we can stay solid within the first 20 minutes i could see us winning this.

0-1 Big Mak after sending there defence to Valhalla!
  • Options
    Wolves have had identical, difficult, home games to us - QPR and Hull.

We've taken 6 points from those, they've managed only 1.

That said, I reckon 1-1
  • Options
    Igor looked decidedly tubby in his brief appearance and his touch was off, which is to be expected given his long lay-off. I'd like to see him brought on towards the end if we're winning but I think it's a bit too soon for him to be starting. If Solly is back and we have our proper defence with Kashi and Cousins shielding then we can go at them and hopefully shut them down early. 2-0 Addicks
  • Options

Wolves have had identical, difficult, home games to us - QPR and Hull.

We've taken 6 points from those, they've managed only 1.

That said, I reckon 1-1

And they only got a point against Hull thanks to a bloody daft penalty
  • Options
    Pope
    Solly Bauer Diarra Fox
    JBG Kashi Ba Cousins
    Makienok Ahearne-Grant

Mitov, Sarr, Lennon, RCC, Bergdich, Vetokele, Kennedy

1-1 Ahearne-Grant's first league goal
  • Options
    One nil win for us, goal scored by Ba.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    From what I've seen , watt hadn't been 100% ruled out of the game so hopefully he'll be on the bench...
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

From what I've seen , watt hadn't been 100% ruled out of the game so hopefully he'll be on the bench...

Guy says he won't be ready
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No Lions this year, but having beaten the Tigers, we hopefully can move on to beating the Wolves. And, of course, those Eagles are lurking around the corner too.

A nice natural history documentary going on there then!
  • Options

Don't know if anyone noticed but Tony Watt posted a pic on his Instagram earlier today saying that it had been a long week without football boots on - but he is back.

Looking good for Saturday I reckon.

Potentially giving us Big Mak, Vetokele, Watt and KAG as striking options. Pretty strong.

I think our midfield is pretty strong with the likes of Ba, Kashi, Cousins and JBG. Can't comment too much on Bergdich and Ceballos - the latter of which I presume is still injured.

Bauer and Diarra are solid in the center at the back. Cousins as a stand in for Solly is competent although Solly would take some beating. Whilst Fox hasn't made any clangers yet and appears to have quite a bit of confidence now.

I think our team is pretty strong but perhaps not as strong in depth as would be nice. A tad confused over the talk of bringing in an attacking midfielder when it's our attack that looks the strongest to me. Cover for RB and LB could be most important.
  • Options
    Nervous edgy affair, 0-0 or 1-1. Have to pinch myself with the start we have had, getting surprised every week, at some point we will lose...
  • Options
    Will be happy to keep the unbeaten start going:- 1-1 draw.
  • Options

Reality check. 2-0 defeat. Henry scores direct from a corner.

Only if it's along the ground all the way, Clem.

• Options
    Fancy another 1-1
  • Options
    2-3. Mak 2 and JBG
  • Options
    1-1
  • Options
    Brilliant Diarra has done so well at CB/CH as I thought he was a defensive midfielder. If we had a true CB who took his place who would have predicted he would have to go to the bench because Kashi is on fire?
  • Options
    Wolves 1 - 3 Charlton

2 for makienok and 1 for Ahg or vetokele
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2015
    KAG and Makienok to start up front. Igor off the bench to grab us a late equaliser.

Win at home, draw away.
  • Options
    1-3.
    We've got goals coming in from all over the park, whereas they haven't.
    They've gone downhill since Mike Bailey stopped playing for them and Dicko is no Steve Bull.
    Jackett is nothing more than a Welsh ex defender and will be completely out- thought by Guy. Our subs to make all the difference, hence the away win prediction.
    COYA
  • Options
    Because of our results so far I believe the pressure is less for this game. A defeat can be made up for, but a win would be a huge boost and would provide some cushioning if we have a poor result in the next few games.
    I would certainly agree with Luzon that this game is about continuing to develop our team play rather than getting overly worried about Wolverhampton Wanderers. That isn't to say that Wolves won't be a very tough proposition, they will be, but it is more a game we can approach with a 'you show us your moves, we'll show you ours' attitude.
    The usual away protocol ought to apply. Try not to concede early, defend in numbers and in a tough way, and maybe suprise them a bit and make them realise we have a little bit about us.
    Individual errors, and weird refereeing can ruin plans, but if we are at our best in this one it may well be enough. Certainly it is a game where we ought not fear to lose, and yes we can dare to win it.
  • Options
    0-2 Mak Attack and Bauer
  • Options
    I think you guys are all getting too carried away. Remember Hull played crap but could easily have beaten us in the last 20 minutes.
    A draw if Solly plays. Maybe a win if Watt is in the team.
  • Options
    Can't see past a 5-0 defeat.
  • Options
    Christ theres some cheery buggers on this thread.....
  • Options
    Despite their decent strike force, I can't see us conceding due to our solid defence. If Watt or Vetokele start, we could get a 3-0 win. But if not 2-0 us
  • Options
    Well one of my pres season bets was Charlton top 6 on 1st September at 8/1. Even a defeat could've see me collect, but I will go for Guy to send the lads out for third away draw 1-1.
  • Options

Can't see past a 5-0 defeat.

Should have gone to Specsavers.