Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fifa 16

Comments

• Options
    How are some of you playing it already. Besides the demo, I thought it was out next week?
  • Options
    EA Access
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Is it much (any?) different from FIFA 12? Or FIFA 10?

Didn't think so.

It's much, much trickier moving from 15 to 16 than any two years in the recent past. While I don't like annual iterations of games really, each one is an improvement on the last. The difference between 10 and 16 is huge.

But it still asks me what language I speak every time.

• Options
    From what I have played on the demo, I am smashing teams already, Fifa 15 I whacked on world class on the demo and was being dominated straight away, on the 16 demo I am winning 3-0 relatively easily on world class. How that translates to the game and on FUT this year
  • Options
    Anyone played it yet? Left my ps4 downloading it, should be ready to fire up tonight. Seems to be a step up from last year based on critics and reviews I have seen so far.
  • Options
    Rangers have been omitted to the anger of Gers fans, although EA are claiming Rangers wouldn't give them the rights this year. Celtic fans are loving the wind-up though. Very odd if true that Rangers chose to withhold from EA.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Anyone played it yet? Left my ps4 downloading it, should be ready to fire up tonight. Seems to be a step up from last year based on critics and reviews I have seen so far.

I've played a couple of games on the PS4 version. It seems smoother but it is not very different from the xBox One FIFA 15 I had last year.

One thing of note is that without the third kit playing away to a team with red shirts and white shorts is a little confusing. I know we have played in different colour shorts to our main kit in the past and it would help here. Also playing Brentford is likely to be a bit of a pain. they might have to play in their away kit at home!

I've also amended the ratings for a couple of the players that I believe that not high enough - Fox and Cousins mainly but also the two new CBs. If one doesn't do this then they will have to be moved on as soon as we are promoted on the management mode and that, for me, defeats the point of managing Charlton.
  • Options
    Supposed to come today but hasn't been delivered yet.
  • Options
    Gomez position being down as a LB sums up the effort EA put into player details.

Started a career with Cambridge to get to know the game a bit and it seems like it's not all about pace this year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addicted said:

Gomez position being down as a LB sums up the effort EA put into player details.

Started a career with Cambridge to get to know the game a bit and it seems like it's not all about pace this year.

I'm looking forward to playing it. It has all been about pace in the last few iterations thanks to the broken tackling system. Does that mean it's easier to muscle through players now rather than just giving the ball away?
  • Options
    Apparently there's a bug already, where on the odd occasion when passing the ball backwards to your defenders/keeper, the player you are controlling leathers it as hard as they can and it can catch your keeper out!
  • Options
    Pretty sure my stepson is playing it in his bedroom,sounds like a right cockwomble,all whooping and shouting + hes a palace season ticket holder....its been a good day :neutral:
  • Options
    Is anyone else finding this game isn't particularly smooth. Doesn't look like it is running at 60fps for me

(Ps4)
  • Options
    Taking forever to do a squad update. Like stuck on certain percentages for ever
  • Options
    I have started a career on legendary straight away with first window disabled. Didn't get through the tournament group stage. Lost 5v1 to Derby, lost in the capital one cup to Rotherham! Then won the next four games. Much harder to score I find. Penalties seem easy to win/give away. Definitely more of a passing game, hard to run through players. Seem to be well closed down. And passes intercepted well. It can be frustrating, but it is definitely more realistic.
  • Options
    My son has just got this and seems pretty happy with it, i'll give him a game tomorrow.
  • Options
    Makienok is an absolute beast
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    been installing since 4 o'clock yesterday.

i hate football at the moment.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Is it much (any?) different from FIFA 12? Or FIFA 10?

Didn't think so.

Much better, the ball is more 'real', it takes deflections realistically and players react quicker and more naturally.. when sliding they get up quicker and more smoothly in one movement.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Addicted said:

I'm looking forward to playing it. It has all been about pace in the last few iterations thanks to the broken tackling system. Does that mean it's easier to muscle through players now rather than just giving the ball away?
    Yeah you can hold on to the ball better I'm finding, and touch it away from tackles, but they've made it a lot harder to do the 'chip over the top and run' meaning you have to build up.

To be fair I'm playing with/against L2 teams so it might just be the player quality at the moment.

Definitely a breath of fresh air on the gameplay side though.

I'm hearing a few bugs are coming out of the woodwork in career mode though. Crashing and problems with stats not increasing. Unlike EA to half arse a release...
  • Options
    Anyone know how to do the run where the ball goes far ahead of you to run onto? if that makes sense. PS4 version.
  • Options
    Whilst you're pressing sprint push the right stick in the direction to knock it
  • Options
    cheers!
  • Options
    Gameplay is a lot more difficult, but in a good way. The flow of the game seems a lot more realistic in that you can't just sprint past two or three players at a time with someone just because they have pace. Actually started playing long ball up to Mak quite a bit to try and make things work.
  • Options

Anyone know how to do the run where the ball goes far ahead of you to run onto? if that makes sense. PS4 version.

The CPU does this all the time. It's really annoying. It switches play then does two of those sprints toward the corner.

Because the AI hasn't had to adjust to the gameplay I'm getting bored of watching opposition teams play the ball around. If I get annoyed I just put the controller down until the ball goes out of play. More likely concede if I'm running around chasing it. I'm also finding I give the ball away way, way too much from the CPU not understanding who I was aiming for. A five years square pass might got 30 yards to a full back behind me.
  • Options
    Five year pass? You should have telegraphed it and it would have been quicker.
  • Options
    I think football games have become way too overcomplicated over the last few years. Having to press multiple buttons just to perform quite simple tasks is a bit OTT for me. I'll download the demo and have a play but may steer away from football games this year.