Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fifa 16

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2015

Bring back Sensible Soccer

SWOS - now there was a football game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvbdwhSyBKE
  • Options

I think football games have become way too overcomplicated over the last few years. Having to press multiple buttons just to perform quite simple tasks is a bit OTT for me. I'll download the demo and have a play but may steer away from football games this year.

This. I'm a very occasional game player these days due to work and family commitments filling up my time. I'm obviously no longer the target audience for games like Fifa because they just take too much practice to even semi master and then you have to keep playing them to keep yourself sharp or you start forgetting button combinations.

If I had the time to spend hours playing them then I'd probably think they were great but at the moment they just seem too much like hard work. I haven't switched my PS3 on for about 8 months now and do most of my gaming on the iPad because I can just pick it up and play for 10 mins while I'm on the shitter or something (about the only peace and quiet I get these days).
    There's a game on Steam that I think would interest you if it ever comes to consoles - it's called Rocket League and you have cars instead of players. Sounds stupid I know, but don't knock it till you've tried it!
  • Options
    Fox is too slow, Mak's headers go to noone and Watt's work rate is beyond poor. Oh its a Fifa 16 thread...
  • Options
    Does anyone know how to print this the size of the box. I've just wasted a sheet of photo paper and, goe knows, how much ink and it's half the size it needs to be?
  • Options
    Just traded in 3 Old games for the holy grail.

Fut, good bye the weekend
  • Options
    I know some people don't like the fact that it is more realistic, and EA Sports themselves do state that they could make a 'perfectly realistic' game if they wanted (as in where it took 90 minutes to conjur up a 1-0, like real life), but it wouldn't be enjoyable.

Personally, I get more satisfaction out of a realistic looking goal that goes in off a slight deflection off the keeper and trickles over the line more than a 30 yard piledriver.
  • Options
    To be fair I get my fair share of nitty gritty 1-0 wins from a set piece online
  • Options
    Im disturbed by the lack of PES. Is everyone blinded by FUT, and being beaten online by 12 years old playing as Barca when you staunchly stick to playing as Charlton??
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Im disturbed by the lack of PES. Is everyone blinded by FUT, and being beaten online by 12 years old playing as Barca when you staunchly stick to playing as Charlton??

I'm not stupid nor stubborn enough to play as Charlton! I mostly play as Juventus, Dortmund, Arsenal or Athletico Madrid
  • Options
    I play as Charlton every online game. Genuinely helps knowing which players are left/right footed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Definitely much harder than 15, taking a while to get used to - regularly going games without a shot at the moment
    JiMMy 85 said:

I think football games have become way too overcomplicated over the last few years. Having to press multiple buttons just to perform quite simple tasks is a bit OTT for me. I'll download the demo and have a play but may steer away from football games this year.

This. I'm a very occasional game player these days due to work and family commitments filling up my time. I'm obviously no longer the target audience for games like Fifa because they just take too much practice to even semi master and then you have to keep playing them to keep yourself sharp or you start forgetting button combinations.

If I had the time to spend hours playing them then I'd probably think they were great but at the moment they just seem too much like hard work. I haven't switched my PS3 on for about 8 months now and do most of my gaming on the iPad because I can just pick it up and play for 10 mins while I'm on the shitter or something (about the only peace and quiet I get these days).
    There's a game on Steam that I think would interest you if it ever comes to consoles - it's called Rocket League and you have cars instead of players. Sounds stupid I know, but don't knock it till you've tried it!
    It's awesome and is on ps4 - it was one of the free monthly downloads you get with playstation plus. Whenever I get frustrated with fifa (a lot) it's really easy just to have a couple of quick games that are actually fun and not infuriating
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    If any lifers are up to the challenge add my psn wreny20 for a good hiding!
  • Options
    Highest rated Charlton team on FIFA 10-16: (according to my 12 year old son!)

http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/8320027/

• Options

Jesus, we been shit for years :(
  • Options
    My xbox gamertag is my Charlton Life name if anyone wants a challenge!
  • Options

I knew Thuram would come good.
  • Options
    I am alexseelig on PSN if anyone does Playstation Network. I'm also Alex Seelig in real life, so, hello.