Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fifa 16

Comments

• Options
    Bring back Sensible Soccer
  • Options

Bring back Sensible Soccer

bring back Kick Off
  • Options
    Bring back Emlyn Hughes's International Soccer.
  • Options
    Just had my annual customary hiding from my eldest. Him - man utd . Me- Charlton, as always.
    18 - 0. Makienok did nearly score one off his arse!
    The realism is uncanny!
  • Options
    Cousins has gone up to 64 , Fox to 60 and Igor gone down to 68 on the new update, Diarra, Kashi and big Mak are very good on the game .
    taking a bit of getting used to though definitely harder than FIFA 15.
  • Options
    Definitely much harder than 15, taking a while to get used to - regularly going games without a shot at the moment
  • Options
    Somehow won promotion to the Premier League in my first full season on Legendary difficulty.

Have now added Junior Hoilett, Charlie Adam, Rob Huth and Sandro to the ranks.

Callum Harriott and Reza are surprisingly useful players.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Played the demo and not very impressed. The game is still played on rails ie always very similar ways to score goals that's really boring now. Pace and strength have been negated to the point where Hazard got caught up with by a lumbering centre half and midgets can push stronger players off the ball. Those stats were overpowered in 15 but in 16 have no impact.

Having read a lot of reviews, they all say PES is better this year and a few said maybe the best football game ever made. Worth a try.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Pace is useful but not when you're on the ball and near an opposition player. Also, the knock and run (sprint+right stick) is key if you want to beat a man, you cant just hold down sprint.
  • Options
    I played it a bit last night after downloading digital edition (Why do I do that it's so pricey)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Anyone know how to do the run where the ball goes far ahead of you to run onto? if that makes sense. PS4 version.

The CPU does this all the time. It's really annoying. It switches play then does two of those sprints toward the corner.

Because the AI hasn't had to adjust to the gameplay I'm getting bored of watching opposition teams play the ball around. If I get annoyed I just put the controller down until the ball goes out of play. More likely concede if I'm running around chasing it. I'm also finding I give the ball away way, way too much from the CPU not understanding who I was aiming for. A five years square pass might got 30 yards to a full back behind me.
    I've played a few games so far and agree with this. Even on the lower difficulties, AI opposition were picking out perfectly placed and weighted passes and leaving me wasting a heck of a lot of stamina chasing the ball. Much easier to just let them run on and blast a shot over the bar.

I've never claimed to be particularly good at FIFA games, despite buying them every year, and the gameplay this year has changed in a way that definitely doesn't suit the way I've been playing for the last ten years or so! It's going to take quite a while to adjust to.

In Ultimate Team, I cobbled together a cheap Bronze team with 100 chemistry and played the Starter Cup (Amateur difficulty). In the FIFA 15 equivalent, I was winning these games 15-0, but this time out, I got to the final and somehow managed to go in 2-0 down at half time! Won the game 8-2 in the end.

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Bring back Emlyn Hughes's International Soccer.

Bring back Gazzas Super Soccer
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Anyone know how to do the run where the ball goes far ahead of you to run onto? if that makes sense. PS4 version.

The CPU does this all the time. It's really annoying. It switches play then does two of those sprints toward the corner.

Because the AI hasn't had to adjust to the gameplay I'm getting bored of watching opposition teams play the ball around. If I get annoyed I just put the controller down until the ball goes out of play. More likely concede if I'm running around chasing it. I'm also finding I give the ball away way, way too much from the CPU not understanding who I was aiming for. A five years square pass might got 30 yards to a full back behind me.
    I've played a few games so far and agree with this. Even on the lower difficulties, AI opposition were picking out perfectly placed and weighted passes and leaving me wasting a heck of a lot of stamina chasing the ball. Much easier to just let them run on and blast a shot over the bar.

I've never claimed to be particularly good at FIFA games, despite buying them every year, and the gameplay this year has changed in a way that definitely doesn't suit the way I've been playing for the last ten years or so! It's going to take quite a while to adjust to.

In Ultimate Team, I cobbled together a cheap Bronze team with 100 chemistry and played the Starter Cup (Amateur difficulty). In the FIFA 15 equivalent, I was winning these games 15-0, but this time out, I got to the final and somehow managed to go in 2-0 down at half time! Won the game 8-2 in the end.

You were losing 2-0 on Amateur? and you have had this game for 10 years +. PES might work out better, try that
  • Options
    I am peed off with this new FIFA, can't pass on it, CPU does boring passes. crappy crap crap
  • Options
    The passing is very frustrating and the fact that Ronaldo can't out run a slow CB is ridiculous. I did win five games in a row on seasons which cheered me up a bit. I still think its a boring version of '15 though without the pace.

The L1 on the ball is key to not losing it. Works a treat.
  • Options
    Pace is what made the last couple of fifas shitty, especially in UT
  • Options
    Fifa is what it is.

This game feels better and more realistic (barring the actually fast players not being able to outrun Jon Fortune)
  • Options
    Aren't games meant to be a bit unrealistic - it's a form of escapism surely? Something that you can't access/do in normal life?

Can see why people may not like the extra "realism".
  • Options
    There's always a section of players who dislike the new gameplay on any version. It's mainly because they are used to winning and have to get used to a new style. Happens every year without fail.

Personally I think it's a good take on the game and means that I'm scoring many different types of goals. Also means that players with good technical stats but no pace are finally worth buying rather than just picking up 11 players with 80+ pace.
  • Options
    Addicted said:

There's always a section of players who dislike the new gameplay on any version. It's mainly because they are used to winning and have to get used to a new style. Happens every year without fail.

Personally I think it's a good take on the game and means that I'm scoring many different types of goals. Also means that players with good technical stats but no pace are finally worth buying rather than just picking up 11 players with 80+ pace.

Yeah that's true. If we mastered it immediately it would imply there's no depth to it and it'll be boring by the end of the year. But I don't play online much (I get too stressed and that's silly at my age), but the bloody CPU games are infuriating! I like the passing system, I'm not yet convinced the game is clever enough to deal with it accurately enough though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's nothing worse than someone picking a team on fifa, purely because they have one player who is absurdly fast.

On Fifa 15, everyone online used to pick Seattle Sounders because Obefemi Martins could outrun all the three-star defences. I'm glad the game is slower now and those who play proper football have the advantage
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Addicted said:

Yeah that's true. If we mastered it immediately it would imply there's no depth to it and it'll be boring by the end of the year. But I don't play online much (I get too stressed and that's silly at my age), but the bloody CPU games are infuriating! I like the passing system, I'm not yet convinced the game is clever enough to deal with it accurately enough though.
    Yeah I dont play online either, only career mode as it's relaxing without having to deal with other people quitting/cheating etc.

I havent played enough really, probably 15 games or so, but the L2 teams seem to play it out and pass like barca.
  • Options
    Addicted said:

Unlike EA to half arse a release...

lol
  • Options
    Huge difference when you take all the assisted shooting and passing options off.

Used to think I was half decent. Back to school re learning manual shooting and passjng
  • Options
    I'm terrible at this. Can't dribble with the ball and beat anyone which means I never get close enough to the goal to have a shot. Any tips?
  • Options
    Don't need to be Maradona to craft openings.

Pass the ball. Use the L1 to get your team to make runs and feed them the through balls.

Learn to take it to about 15 yards out and finesse shot the ball under the keeper.

Use L1 for close control, makes a huge difference.

If you want one skill to beat a man, the lollipop is hugely effective and easy to do.

Master these low level skills and you can beat CPU and most online players.
  • Options
    I like this version as i can beat my son on it..previous versions have seen me take some absolute hammerings. :)
  • Options

I think football games have become way too overcomplicated over the last few years. Having to press multiple buttons just to perform quite simple tasks is a bit OTT for me. I'll download the demo and have a play but may steer away from football games this year.

This. I'm a very occasional game player these days due to work and family commitments filling up my time. I'm obviously no longer the target audience for games like Fifa because they just take too much practice to even semi master and then you have to keep playing them to keep yourself sharp or you start forgetting button combinations.

If I had the time to spend hours playing them then I'd probably think they were great but at the moment they just seem too much like hard work. I haven't switched my PS3 on for about 8 months now and do most of my gaming on the iPad because I can just pick it up and play for 10 mins while I'm on the shitter or something (about the only peace and quiet I get these days).