Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

T-Watt

I hope that was a particularly rather unusual off day (we all have em) that we will never see again. I also hope his fellow players let him know how they felt about his child like selfishness of unwillingness to play a reasonable much needed simple/attacking pass at least once every now and again. Not showing himself to be much of a team player. Hated watching him tonight.

In all seriousness if you are going to play football like that, then you need to be dropped immediately until you learn and can be taken seriously again.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2015
    He played like an 8 year old schoolboy today who had fallen out with his mates and wouldn't pass the ball to them. How he stayed on for 90 minutes is beyond me.
  • Options
    Sluggish would be my nicest description of him tonight, there are a lot of others I would use but won't.

I think he needs either a arm around his shoulder, a to jet up his arse or his family around him a little more. Was very worried about how he carried himself tonight
  • Options

To be fair, there was a lot of very below par performances out on the pitch tonight, not just Tony.

No but he was the main culprit
    I think I'm beginning to see him for watt he is a very selfish player
    We need team players at the moment
    Willing to give all for the team not a showboating prima doña who sulks
    Remember Ronaldo he was like that and look what happened to him!!!
    Goodnight

• Options
    Not happening for Tony at present but when it does he is some player. J6st needs to try things more near the opposition box rather than the middle of the park
  • Options
    Does he still have the hump with Luzon after being dropped for the QPR game?
  • Options
    I've always thought of him as bit of a 'jammy' dribbler. He would somehow find a way past players without necessarily being quicker than them, and just houdini-ing his way with the ball, and not understanding how the defender wouldn't manage to just get a nick on the ball. Either way it used to work for him so it didn't matter.

Tonight was one of those nights where it was not coming off one bit and the fact that he had easy passes on made it look worse for him each time.
  • Options
    But does fitness have something to do with that? To me he looked slow and that's why I used the term sluggish.
    I agree he gets away with what we could say are lucky bounces but he gets too many of them to be jammy, surely?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    T-watt.?
  • Options

But does fitness have something to do with that? To me he looked slow and that's why I used the term sluggish.
    I agree he gets away with what we could say are lucky bounces but he gets too many of them to be jammy, surely?

Thats what I started to think towards the end of last season - he must know what he is doing to get so many lucky bounces/deflections in his favor when he dribbles.
  • Options
    I was an apologist for Tony Watt last Saturday. But tonight I think he was abysmal. Totally selfish and I hope it's not him who's helping to create bad vibes in the rest of the team because tonight we just looked off with a capital O.
  • Options
    To be fair to him he has stated on Instagram that he feels the last two performances weren't good enough both personally and as a team, says they have let themselves and the fans down. Obviously some brain dead idiots then decide to abuse both him and Pope, charming some of our fans:)
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Personally I have concerns when one of our main strikers never appears to be in the box, but always outside and then needing to dribble past three players to get a shooting chance. On top of that Makinok tonight barely seemed able to get any headed flick ons to a red shirt- I hope Im wrong but I cant see where a strong striking partnership is going to come from.
  • Options

To be fair to him he has stated on Instagram that he feels the last two performances weren't good enough both personally and as a team, says they have let themselves and the fans down. Obviously some brain dead idiots then decide to abuse both him and Pope, charming some of our fans:)

Stay off social media after a defeat or in general would not attract the trolls from far and wide.
  • Options
    He's obviously not 100% fit
  • Options
    We got found out. At least 2 defenders on Watt and JBG.
  • Options
    Sadly the opposition Manager must watch our videos, see what Watt can do if given space and then turn to his Centre Backs and say:

"Dont give him any space, get in his face but dont foul him"

Is exactly what Rotherham and Huddersfield did against him which puts him into trouble
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like he's showing his immaturity at the moment. Perhaps JJ and Diarra will put an arm round him and have a word.
  • Options
    More worrying than his actual performance last night (which to put it bluntly was c**p) was the bickering that was going on with a lot of his team-mates, JBG in particular. As the evening wore on, you could see TW and JBG arguing with each other all the time and I'm convinced that they stopped passing to each other as the second half went on.

We never did find out what happened at the training ground that made GL drop TW for the first game of the season - did we? - and I've got a horrible feeling that unless GL can somehow get on top of this once and for all, this is not going to end well.
  • Options

More worrying than his actual performance last night (which to put it bluntly was c**p) was the bickering that was going on with a lot of his team-mates, JBG in particular. As the evening wore on, you could see TW and JBG arguing with each other all the time and I'm convinced that they stopped passing to each other as the second half went on.

Towards the end of second half, Watt did start passing to JBG. I think he realised that the crowd weren't happy with him trying to beat the world.
  • Options
    Also, he did seem to have three men on him as soon as he picked up the ball. I think he has lots of talent and will score goals for us but when he is that deep and has three men on him he is going to be less effective.

However, I always get the feeling that 'next time' he gets the ball he will make something happen. That is the case tieh mercurial talents. They can seem to be unable to do anything right for 85 minutes then suddenly it clicks and they sneak past three players and score or set up someone else to do so.

I would have taken him off when Vetokele came on though. I wasn't aware that Mig Mak has a hamstring problem.
  • Options
    I'd drop him on Saturday.
  • Options

Towards the end of second half, Watt did start passing to JBG. I think he realised that the crowd weren't happy with him trying to beat the world.
    He tried to pass to JBG in the first half too but got it wrong a couple of times. They were fine with each other in the first half (I was watching that bit quite closely). Taxi-Lad is right....Tony Watt is playing just a little bit too deep most of the time (occasionally is ok). But with little penetration out wide, the ball isn't spending much time in the penalty area...which is one of the reasons he keeps coming back to get involved.

If he stayed up front for the whole game, he would probably be accused of not working hard enough. So, he just has to find the balance between the two.

He's just had two frustrating games but there were still moments that nearly came off for him.

• Options

I'd drop him on Saturday.

For who though...

- Ahearne-Grant (Many will say he's not ready)
    - Vetokele (The general opinion is that he's not fit and that he's too interested in his Missus at the moment)
    - McAnley (He's unfairly been awarded the new Sponge-Foot tag)
    - Kennedy (See Ahearne-Grant)
    - Gudmundsson (Who do you play on the Right?)