Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

T-Watt

124»

Comments

• Options
    He did fine, plus a great cross for KAG that could have resulted in a goal, and nearly scored at the end.

Caused them problems at times and that will do me.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Henry is a mid-field General.
    A great reader of the game.
    Has read every CAFC book in the last 50 years

He is a two footed player ?
    His Left is as bad as his right.

Luzon has said, Age is no Barrier.
    Henry will be used to do the next tunnel victory jump some time in December.
    :smiley:

I was compared to Liam Brady once. Only once though.
    Be grateful. At least it wasn't Ian Brady. If Pardew had been summarising your game it might have been with his track record...
  • Options

He's certainly an enigma

Wrapped in a mystery. Inside a riddle.

• Options
    LoOkOuT said:

He's certainly an enigma

When i started calling Tony, magic feet after the Brentford game last season.
    Little did i realise that when his game goes off the boil, he more like,
    two left feet Tony.
    We must keep the faith despite the mishaps and tripping over the ball when no ones near him because as he showed in the first half with that cross for Kag,
    and very nearly hitting the winner late on, he is special.
    The problem; Tony Watt is from the Astrit Ajdarevic school of fitness.
    For both of these very talented footballer it should of been sorted when they were in academies but they must take some of the blame as they thought their skill was enough.
    In the modern football world you have to put in the hard yards as well.

I'm still a fan of Tony's but can we have back, the Tony Watt who played against Brentford ,Forest and Huddersfield of last season, or the guy who came on in the second half against QPR this season.

The 10 minutes JJ was on the field, Tony Watt started playing with more Discipline
    He a loose cannon but he our loose cannon,

Magic feet come on down.

• Options
    I got a little annoyed with him today, He just didn't seem to give a shite, but I've not seen him play much, so on reflection I wasn't sure if that's the way he carries himself until he gets a sniff, and then he's dynamite. He certainly has a go, but to me it looks like he also drops his head if it doesn't work for him. He's a strange one to work out. He does has something no other charlton player's got.
  • Options
    ozaddick said:

I got a little annoyed with him today, He just didn't seem to give a shite, but I've not seen him play much, so on reflection I wasn't sure if that's the way he carries himself until he gets a sniff, and then he's dynamite. He certainly has a go, but to me it looks like he also drops his head if it doesn't work for him. He's a strange one to work out. He does has something no other charlton player's got.

Agree with you oz about his play today. He does usually look lazy but normally shows a lot more for the ball. Looked a bit sulky. Hope I'm wrong.
    Liked your earlier post about your day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tony Watt is such an honest lad.
    He gets so annoyed with himself when his game is not working.
    Really good that Guy and Tony are on the same page now after their disagreement before the QPR match.
    Tony Magic feet Watt will return.
  • Options
    More talk.
  • Options
    refreshing honesty
  • Options
    You see it at all levels of football.

When the better players play up top or on the wing. When they start to get frustrated they start dropping deeper to get involved.

I have only been too 5 matches this season but he is always playing to deep and would prefer him to play further up the pitch.
  • Options
    I like Tony Watt and think he is one of our best players. He can create something from nothing. My only criticism is he tries to do it too much and I think teams are aware of this now. I wouldn't want to dampen his attitude at all because I think you'd lose the type of player he is and what we need, I'm just saying every now and then have a look up and see if anyone else is in a better position. It will make the other team unsure what he is going to do next and then the gaps will open up again.

When he is on form he is unstoppable in this league. Lets get that back.
  • Options
    Ever since I got injured against Dagenham, when one of their players caught my calf, it has been in my head that I’m not as sharp as I should be. I was out for three and a half weeks and it was the first time in my career I’ve been injured.

This is why I think fans should sometimes lay off giving a player stick... We dont know what's going on inside their head which is why they need us to be constantly behind them (Its one reason why I refuse to put down Nick Pope after he makes a mistake)

its no different to Andy Hunt.. I remember in his last game against Coventry he was awful for us, scored a goal and then instantly got subbed, we won that match courtesy of that goal and it wasnt for months that we finally realised the reasons for the performance was done to the health condition he was struggling with.
  • Options
    Hope there's a result at the end of all this honesty though. Sure, I'm glad that Tony can be honest with himself, but it's not much use if performances don't improve.
  • Options
    Where's that sports psychologist when you need one?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He should never have played against the Daggers! If he had not played he would have still been on fire!
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Message to Tony....just relax and play mate. If something doesn't work, don't worry about it and keep having a go. Take the game to the opposition at every opportunity.

Message to Charlton supporters....keeping getting behind Tony. He thrives on our support and when he gets it, he generally does the business....and he entertains like no other.

Perfectly summed up.
    Let's give him a pre match twww song, I think he'll thrive off it.
    Good to hear him being so honest and also good to hear him working well with guy.
  • Options
    Sounds like Tony is his own biggest critic and the cockiness is just a facade. I like a player that is full of himself on the pitch, especially a goal scorer. It didn't do Derek Hales any harm, he didn't care about anyone or anything, except getting the ball in the back of the net. As said above, he's the kind of lad who needs the crowd behind him even when he stuffs up. We don't want him to stop attempting the unexpected, that's what makes him the player that he is.
  • Options
    Although when he was good last year, he was working harder and moving the ball on quicker . He needs to get back to that and then his natural ability will shine through
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited October 2015

LoOkOuT said:

He's certainly an enigma

When i started calling Tony, magic feet after the Brentford game last season.
    Little did i realise that when his game goes off the boil, he more like,
    two left feet Tony.
    We must keep the faith despite the mishaps and tripping over the ball when no ones near him because as he showed in the first half with that cross for Kag,
    and very nearly hitting the winner late on, he is special.
    The problem; Tony Watt is from the Astrit Ajdarevic school of fitness.
    For both of these very talented footballer it should of been sorted when they were in academies but they must take some of the blame as they thought their skill was enough.
    In the modern football world you have to put in the hard yards as well.

I'm still a fan of Tony's but can we have back, the Tony Watt who played against Brentford ,Forest and Huddersfield of last season, or the guy who came on in the second half against QPR this season.

The 10 minutes JJ was on the field, Tony Watt started playing with more Discipline
    He a loose cannon but he our loose cannon,

Magic feet come on down.

SoapBoxSam makes an astute observation on Tony Watt's fitness. If his fitness improved it would provide a better platform for the skills that he he has clearly got. Fitness will help with the work rate. With good work rate and doing the right thing, opportunities happen.

Good to see the SLP interview where he shows he is not happy with his performance, shows he cares and wants to work at the game. Maybe he's a bit of a confidence player and when being self critical gets discouraged.
    Maybe some work with a good sports performance psychologist to help optimise performance may be the ticket. Steve Peters has worked with Liverpool and England national team and snooker's Ronnie O'Sullivan.

http://chimpmanagement.com/