Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Parlarse match thread 23/9

Here we go then guys and girls... here's the team-;
CHARLTON | Pope, Solly, Diarra, Sarr, Fox, Kennedy, Cousins, Ba, Bergdich, McAleny, Ahearne-Grant
SUBS | Mitov, Bauer, Lennon, Kashi, Holmes-Dennis, Gudmundsson, Watt

Comments

• Options
    Strong bench to win the game in added time.
  • Options
    Good evening Red, looking forward to your commentary, if I see anything worth adding, hope you do not mind
  • Options
    Oh dear...I think we may well be in for a long night.....anyway whatever.....COYR's
  • Options
    First thing I saw on Twitter after this came out. "Doesn't Luzon know the importance of this match?!?!" Let's just forget about our abysmal league form and act like this will be the high point of the year. Yes the team isn't as strong as it could be but I would rather lose now and win on Saturday
  • Options

Here we go then guys and girls... here's the team-;
    CHARLTON | Pope, Solly, Diarra, Sarr, Fox, Kennedy, Cousins, Ba, Bergdich, McAleny, Ahearne-Grant
    SUBS | Mitov, Bauer, Lennon, Kashi, Holmes-Dennis, Gudmundsson, Watt

Evening Red Midland, thanks as always for your good work.

Is Jackson still injured? Thought this would be a perfect game for him.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    ross1 said:

Good evening Red, looking forward to your commentary, if I see anything worth adding, hope you do not mind

Feel free mate..there is a working stream apparently...so if it does I'll watch it..but not 100% it will to be honest
  • Options
    That team has the look of a 4-0 defeat.
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

First thing I saw on Twitter after this came out. "Doesn't Luzon know the importance of this match?!?!" Let's just forget about our abysmal league form and act like this will be the high point of the year. Yes the team isn't as strong as it could be but I would rather lose now and win on Saturday

Yep Take 3 points saturday all day long
  • Options
    Only change in the front six from the last round is McAleny in for Harriott.

And I'm ok with that. I think those front six deserve it after helping to put four past Peterborough.
  • Options
    That team looks cack. The Palace fans will be giggling away when it gets read out compared to their line up.

Oh well - they need to fight fight fight for every ball, every tackle, run until they can't run anymore. All they can do is try their best against a side that is light years from us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We need to get back confidence, but not sure that even if we do well, it will make any difference to the team GL will put out Saturday
  • Options
    being twittered by RC-:
    #cpfc set for wholesale changes too.
  • Options
    A huge collective whoop of joy at London Bridge when that team came out !
  • Options
    Thought Jackson should play this one to be honest, not in the squad at all seems weird?
  • Options
    Crystal Palace FC ‏@CPFC 3m3 minutes ago
    #CPFC XI: Hennessey; Kelly, Mariappa, Delaney (C), Souare; Zaha, McArthur, Ledley, Lee; Gayle, Campbell.

#CPFC Subs: Speroni, Hangeland, Cabaye, Bolasie, Sako, Puncheon, Bamford.
  • Options

Only change in the front six from the last round is McAleny in for Harriott.

And I'm ok with that. I think those front six deserve it after helping to put four past Peterborough.

Couldn't agree more Callum.
  • Options
    Palarse-: Hennessey; Kelly, Mariappa, Delaney (C), Souare; Zaha, McArthur, Ledley, Lee; Gayle, Campbell.
  • Options
    Crystal Palace FC ‏@CPFC 4m4 minutes ago
    #CPFC XI: Hennessey; Kelly, Mariappa, Delaney (C), Souare; Zaha, McArthur, Ledley, Lee; Gayle, Campbell.
  • Options
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

Strong bench to win the game in added time.

Won't be needed. We'll have it all sewn up by half time ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Subs: Speroni, Hangeland, Cabaye, Bolasie, Sako, Puncheon, Bamford.
  • Options
    Where's Igor gone?

That front two against Delaney looks very lightweight
  • Options
    If Jackson isn't injured then it is bonkers not to play him. Unless he is pencilled in for Cardiff.

Igor doesn't make the bench either. On his way to Bolton?
  • Options

Is that a strong team for them I only recognise a couple of names.

• Options
    Zaha versus Fox or Solly?

Either way - he will tear us a new arsehole.
  • Options
    Confused..... rests Diarra against huddersfield after being man of the match v Rotherham but plays him tonight ???? Where's Jackson....not another training ground injury!!!!
  • Options
    Fair to say a lot of Charlton fans not best pleased with their starting XI tonight. Palace's is strong.
  • Options
    With Big Mak out injured, we're back to the same old post Yann problem - no one to compete physically upfront and hold the ball up.

You can pick any combination of our fit strikers and it won't fix that fundamental flaw. It puts a lot of pressure on the midfield and defence and will restrict us to counter attacking as a result. Although, to be fair, that was always likely tonight anyway as you have to expect we'll have less possession than them.

The McAleny signing worries me. Having seen both his appearances so far he doesn't look like he will offer anything new upfront that our existing players can't do, and on the left wing he just wants to cut inside every time he has the ball which doesn't fill the hole Bulot left either. Hope he has a good game tonight and I'm not saying he is necessarily a bad player, but he seems totally the opposite of what we needed to sign which worries me.
  • Options
    If Jacko is injured again then, along with Igor, it is becoming a wage we can't afford to carry.
  • Options
    If no live stream, SSN are showing all Capital cup goals as they happen
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!