Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luzon explains team selection tonight

Comments

• Clutching and straws come to mind
  • edited September 2015
    I'm tired of Luzon, he's been here too long

Edit: I probably said this before his "interview" to be fair
  • Bollocks

Biggest game of it season and he bottled it

Good on all the fans going to Cardiff massive respect but this was bigger and he bottled it

Hump
  • Agreed with Jimmy - Just got home and the only thing really pissing me off is Luzon's team selection.
  • Bollocks

Good on all the fans going to Cardiff massive respect but this was bigger and he bottled it

Hump

Bollocks

Hump

This was a game for the fans and it would have been nice if a full team was put out. BUT not many teams do that nowadays, we have to be realistic.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2015
    Disappointing line up but not unexpected. We needed our strongest 11 all on their game but that was never going to happen given the injury situation and threadbare squad where too much reliance s being placed on kids. Presumably Diarra is now suspended for Cardiff, gutted.
  • Got to win on Saturday,,no excuses.
  • Got to win on Saturday,,no excuses.

Depleted squad at the moment
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

Eh I'm not that fussed about the selection, but the players who were selected were far too naive in their play. Pumping the ball up to KAG and McAleny played right into Hangelands massive frame, and any play through the midfield was quickly stifled by Bergdich's mazy runs into cul de sacs and Ba's ponderous nature in possession. I would have probably played Kashi and JBG instead of Ba and Kennedy, but the fact of the matter is we need to arrest the slide down the table, and a win against Palace, whilst great in the short term for bragging rights and folklore, does nothing to help our league position.

Playing out strongest XI wouldnt have swayed the ref any closer to us anyway

Was the ref really the problem? Bad control and clumsy challenges, piss poor distribution and glaring errors undid is way more than any refereeing decisions.
  • 1 pen to us should have been given, before the 2 for them shouldnt have been. Imagine we score that penalty, where the match could have gone from there. I'm not disagreeing that some of our players weren't up to scratch today, but like I said a win against Palace does nothing for our league position, but we get clouded by the local derby. If today was against West Brom or Swansea, no-one would have given much of a shit, but because its Palace, everyone's overreacting to the loss. We lost to a team in the league above us, away from home, with a dodgy ref and half our team missing through injury.
  • It was a cup game, not a friendly. I thought being in the cup was worth the effort.
  • we're a boring Belgian experiment , no chance of any excitement here , move on

That is about the size of it.
  • Bit strange no mention of JJ ?
  • sam3110 said:

1 pen to us should have been given, before the 2 for them shouldnt have been. Imagine we score that penalty, where the match could have gone from there. I'm not disagreeing that some of our players weren't up to scratch today, but like I said a win against Palace does nothing for our league position, but we get clouded by the local derby. If today was against West Brom or Swansea, no-one would have given much of a shit, but because its Palace, everyone's overreacting to the loss. We lost to a team in the league above us, away from home, with a dodgy ref and half our team missing through injury.

Other than that all is okay.
  • After some how getting to HT 0-0. That was the time to throw on Watt,kashi and JBG. what ever can go wrong, will go wrong against Palace or Millwall.
    2 red card and 3 pens now in our last visits to the Den and Sainsburys.
    that roller coaster seems to be heading south again.
  • Fuming. Finding out the lineup before heading into the ground put me in a bad mood.

Luzon - you have f'd this one up BIG TIME. Pulling a stunt like this means we had better get a result at Cardiff.