Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luzon explains team selection tonight

Comments

• Options

kentred2 said:

Um how about trying to win both matches. It's not an either or.

No you are right. Luzon is the first manager ever with a thin squad in the history of the game to put in place priority fixtures. What is he thinking.
    Yes the latest in a long line of idiots. If there is a need to prioritise for two games in four days then something is majorly wrong
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

kentred2 said:

No you are right. Luzon is the first manager ever with a thin squad in the history of the game to put in place priority fixtures. What is he thinking.
    Yes the latest in a long line of idiots. If there is a need to prioritise for two games in four days then something is majorly wrong
    Well yes, injuries and the effect its having on our thin squad.
  • Options
    I'm calm about the whole thing but it is disappointing that we drew our local rival, who we're not going to see again for a while, and chucked out a weakened team. I would have much rather seen us have a go. But oh well. I do think that once it became clear Makienok and Henderson weren't going to be back in time Luzon decided to mitigate the sense of failure by throwing in fringe players and children rather than lining up with the best we had available and still getting tonked
  • Options
    Cant see who we could have started with that would have made enough of a difference for us to beat them. First half they had 68% possession. Second half they scored 4. We got beat by the better team.

Bigger problem is that I cant see us winning our next game. That's where Luzon needs to pull his finger out - get the players motivated again and ready for a fight.
  • Options
    We need a win to stop the current rot and Watt needs to get back on the scoresheet. We basically wasted one game and let that carry on for no real reason. It's not like we won't have to play 3 times in a week this season anyway, would be better carrying on now and rotating once we actually get players back from injuries and have the depth to do so. I've never been that bothered by the League Cup but it's not like we're saving fresh legs for a playoff push really is it?
  • Options
    Watt up front and JBG on the wing might have given us an outlet, instead of pumping it up to youngsters who looked like they were surprised to be anywhere near the ball on the odd occasion it did go within their vicinity. That's probably what pushed me over the edge. Starting with those guys was one thing, having no game plan (or at least, not a realistic one) to at least get into the game was another.
  • Options
    Hey Guy,

Look how strong a team these clubs picked.
    You pissed all over our cup final - and yes it was our cup final.

Man Utd team
    01 de Gea
    25 A Valencia
    12 Smalling (Jones - 70' )
    17 Blind
    18 Young
    31 Schweinsteiger
    21 Herrera
    08 Mata (Martial - 70' )
    10 Rooney (Depay - 81' )
    44 Pereira
    27 Fellaini

Spurs team
    13 Vorm
    16 Trippier
    21 Fazio
    27 Wimmer
    03 Rose
    15 Dier (N'Jie - 85' )
    28 Carroll
    17 Townsend (Son Heung-min - 67' )
    23 Eriksen
    22 Chadli (Alli - 75' Booked )
    10 Kane

Arsenal team
    13 Ospina
    02 Debuchy Booked
    21 Chambers
    04 Mertesacker
    03 Gibbs
    20 Flamini Booked
    08 Arteta Booked
    28 Campbell (Sánchez - 67' )
    16 Ramsey
    15 Oxlade-Chamberlain (Walcott - 89' )
    12 Giroud

chelsea team

01 Begovic
    02 Ivanovic
    26 Terry Booked
    24 Cahill
    06 Baba
    12 Mikel Booked
    36 Loftus-Cheek (Matic - 72' )
    07 Ramires
    16 Nunes do Nascimento (Pedro - 70' )
    18 Remy
    09 Falcao
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Hey Guy,

Man Utd team
    01 de Gea
    25 A Valencia
    17 Blind
    18 Young
    31 Schweinsteiger
    21 Herrera
    08 Mata (Martial - 70' )
    10 Rooney (Depay - 81' )
    44 Pereira
    27 Fellaini

Spurs team
    13 Vorm
    16 Trippier
    21 Fazio
    27 Wimmer
    03 Rose
    15 Dier (N'Jie - 85' )
    28 Carroll
    23 Eriksen
    10 Kane

Arsenal team
    13 Ospina
    02 Debuchy Booked
    21 Chambers
    04 Mertesacker
    03 Gibbs
    20 Flamini Booked
    08 Arteta Booked
    16 Ramsey
    12 Giroud

chelsea team

01 Begovic
    02 Ivanovic
    26 Terry Booked
    24 Cahill
    06 Baba
    12 Mikel Booked
    07 Ramires
    18 Remy
    09 Falcao

Just to check, this is a parody post right?
  • Options

kentred2 said:

kentred2 said:

I don't get why people aren't seeing why that team was put out? Or why we are trying to avoid using players with knocks.

Seriously guys, use your noggins.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Is it because we let loads of players go but didnt get enough players in ?

Is it fair to hold GL accountable for that? Or is KM and RD who should be held accountable?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Watt up front and JBG on the wing might have given us an outlet, instead of pumping it up to youngsters who looked like they were surprised to be anywhere near the ball on the odd occasion it did go within their vicinity. That's probably what pushed me over the edge. Starting with those guys was one thing, having no game plan (or at least, not a realistic one) to at least get into the game was another.

Watt can't hit a barn door at the moment (and that's only if he gets a shot away!), so I don't think that'd have changed anything.
  • Options
    I wonder if Luzon may have been pressured to play a stronger team or certain players if the game was on TV, a la Sheffield Utd.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

kentred2 said:

kentred2 said:

I don't get why people aren't seeing why that team was put out? Or why we are trying to avoid using players with knocks.

It should have been a strong team. All this protection and wrapping up in cotton wool.

We wanted to our best proffesional footballers play a proffessional football match.

And that all it is A FOOTBALL MATCH NOT THE D-DAY BLEEDING LANDINGS.
    But it's not our strongest team if they're carrying knocks AND THE LEAGUE IS MORE IMPORTANT

I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOUR NEED TO SHOUT.
  • Options
    CAFC Luke said:

If I am manager of a business and have an important business deal to seal with old clients, I don't send the graduates to complete it because I'm scared that my main associates may come back with a cold... So why would you in football?

Not even remotely comparable is it.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

no matter what team we put out last night, we couldn't beat Rotherham, Huddersfield or Blackburn, against palace would of been no different imo, they were all over us, all you have to do is watch the highlights and tore us apart, guy needs a win to justify not selecting strongest squad but if he had I don't think we would be looking forward to a trip to the Etihad, games been lost it was embarrassing being there last night but as much as it pains me to say it palace are a decent team footballing wise, there fans the goal music fake atmosphere bollocks is a different story, but we have Cardiff on Saturday and lets hope we can put a stop to this run of form were in.

palarsehater says it as it is......FACT!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

kentred2 said:

kentred2 said:

It should have been a strong team. All this protection and wrapping up in cotton wool.

We wanted to our best proffesional footballers play a proffessional football match.

And that all it is A FOOTBALL MATCH NOT THE D-DAY BLEEDING LANDINGS.
    But it's not our strongest team if they're carrying knocks AND THE LEAGUE IS MORE IMPORTANT

I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOUR NEED TO SHOUT.
    Don't get the league is more important line. Last night was the ONE chance of getting through to the next round of a competition, but there are 38 games left to get the 40 odd points needed to stay in the Championship (The Belgian's aim).

• Options

kentred2 said:

kentred2 said:

And that is the real problem. So why have we got such a thin squad again?

Exactly......... Henry.
    I am afraid I have always been a 'cup man' do not buy this resting players stuff, certainly no guarantee at this stage of the season that really is a valid enough reason.
    The squad depth looks very 'thin' and I assume that the red card means a suspension for how long!..... If you were going to bring on Watt and JBG why wait till you are 2-0 down.
    Stand by your decision..... or go for it, from the start. Hopefully Guy is on the phone today/tommorow phoning around for 'cover' if he has not been already.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

kentred2 said:

kentred2 said:

Exactly......... Henry.
    I am afraid I have always been a 'cup man' do not buy this resting players stuff, certainly no guarantee at this stage of the season that really is a valid enough reason.
    The squad depth looks very 'thin' and I assume that the red card means a suspension for how long!..... If you were going to bring on Watt and JBG why wait till you are 2-0 down.
    Stand by your decision..... or go for it, from the start. Hopefully Guy is on the phone today/tommorow phoning around for 'cover' if he has not been already.
    Do you think he does that, particularly having apparently limited English and a very limited history with other managers? I doubt it, which may be part of the problem?
  • Options
    edited September 2015

no matter what team we put out last night, we couldn't beat Rotherham, Huddersfield or Blackburn, against palace would of been no different imo, they were all over us, all you have to do is watch the highlights and tore us apart, guy needs a win to justify not selecting strongest squad but if he had I don't think we would be looking forward to a trip to the Etihad, games been lost it was embarrassing being there last night but as much as it pains me to say it palace are a decent team footballing wise, there fans the goal music fake atmosphere bollocks is a different story, but we have Cardiff on Saturday and lets hope we can put a stop to this run of form were in.

exactly how I feel. I came away thinking thank God I don't support that lot. A flying eagle, goal music, cheerleaders, the way they announce the scorer, their fans. What a bunch.

That's what they want to do. it's more of an American model,
    A family club with the comical young ultras thrown in for a LOL.
    It's not our club so WTF is the chip on the shoulder all about ?
    This is directed at all CAFC people who keep going on about the Palace Disney world.

I came away thinking their football team is light years ahead of us.
    Their number 3 striker got a hatrick and their number 4 striker finally scored with his fourth chance of the night. (Campbell) plus their 5th striker Bamford would be a top scorer in the championship if he played every week at that level.

They have poured the TV money into the team and the ground is the worst in the premiership.

Shit team or shit ground ? they can move to a better part of Surrey if they stay in the Premier much longer.

I would want the ground and the team to grow together.
    The valley is a decent Championship ground.
    The team is a ??? mid table team on a good day.
    but if its one or the other.
    It's a no brainer just like some of the people who showed up in the ground last night.

• Options

MrOneLung said:

Hey Guy,

Man Utd team
    01 de Gea
    25 A Valencia
    17 Blind
    18 Young
    31 Schweinsteiger
    21 Herrera
    08 Mata (Martial - 70' )
    10 Rooney (Depay - 81' )
    44 Pereira
    27 Fellaini

Spurs team
    13 Vorm
    16 Trippier
    21 Fazio
    27 Wimmer
    03 Rose
    15 Dier (N'Jie - 85' )
    28 Carroll
    23 Eriksen
    10 Kane

Arsenal team
    13 Ospina
    02 Debuchy Booked
    21 Chambers
    04 Mertesacker
    03 Gibbs
    20 Flamini Booked
    08 Arteta Booked
    16 Ramsey
    12 Giroud

chelsea team

01 Begovic
    02 Ivanovic
    26 Terry Booked
    24 Cahill
    06 Baba
    12 Mikel Booked
    07 Ramires
    18 Remy
    09 Falcao

Not at all - was showing that these clubs, who presumably have got bigger fish to fry, still put out strong teams. All those teams woudl say 'the elague is more important'

I can understand arsenal and Spurs putting out strong teams - they were playing their local rivals and the fans would be upset if they didn't - oh hold on...

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

Hey Guy,

Man Utd team
    01 de Gea
    25 A Valencia
    17 Blind
    18 Young
    31 Schweinsteiger
    21 Herrera
    08 Mata (Martial - 70' )
    10 Rooney (Depay - 81' )
    44 Pereira
    27 Fellaini

Spurs team
    13 Vorm
    16 Trippier
    21 Fazio
    27 Wimmer
    03 Rose
    15 Dier (N'Jie - 85' )
    28 Carroll
    23 Eriksen
    10 Kane

Arsenal team
    13 Ospina
    02 Debuchy Booked
    21 Chambers
    04 Mertesacker
    03 Gibbs
    20 Flamini Booked
    08 Arteta Booked
    16 Ramsey
    12 Giroud

chelsea team

01 Begovic
    02 Ivanovic
    26 Terry Booked
    24 Cahill
    06 Baba
    12 Mikel Booked
    07 Ramires
    18 Remy
    09 Falcao

Not at all - was showing that these clubs, who presumably have got bigger fish to fry, still put out strong teams. All those teams woudl say 'the elague is more important'

I can understand arsenal and Spurs putting out strong teams - they were playing their local rivals and the fans would be upset if they didn't - oh hold on...

They are nowhere near full strength sides.
  • Options

kentred2 said:

kentred2 said:

Exactly......... Henry.
    Do you think he does that, particularly having apparently limited English and a very limited history with other managers? I doubt it, which may be part of the problem?
    I thought we had this 'scouting network' What is Phil Chapple doing these days?. Has every manager not had to deal with this 'issue' at one time or another. remind me again of how many foreign managers there are in the top division..... on second thoughts just name the British...........
  • Options

kentred2 said:

kentred2 said:

Exactly......... Henry.
    I thought we had this 'scouting network' What is Phil Chapple doing these days?. Has every manager not had to deal with this 'issue' at one time or another. remind me again of how many foreign managers there are in the top division..... on second thoughts just name the British...........
    Phil Chapple finds players and is told we're not signing them - isn't that how our scouting network works these days?