Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luzon explains team selection tonight

Comments

• Options
    Wanted to see Jackson play tonight, disappointed not to see him. I was hoping for him and Cousins in the middle as Ba hasn't impressed me a great deal and I suspected Kashi would ve given a rest. Was also a bit confused as to why Bauer didn't play as i think Sarr has been crap despite him scoring a couple of goals. JBG and Watt, i really wasn't too fussed they have both been in poor form and yes it is palace but it is also the carling cup, although i wouldnt say we played well, i wouldnt say we were poor. Felt we were unlucky to give away that 2nd pen it looked very soft and by then i think JBG and watt were already on the pitch. Anyway, think a few comments on here are a bit dramatic, Luzon hasn't let everyone down bla bla, 2 very poor results and then an expected loss tonight and certainly not the worst performance in charlton history.
  • Options
    Luzon - I knew ze balls would put us v city away in ze next round. Bollocks to that'
  • Options
    Jackson tweeted he was injured.
  • Options
    Luzon = loser.
  • Options
    That article - "Israeli tactician"...
    Comedy gold.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Bollocks

Biggest game of it season and he bottled it

Good on all the fans going to Cardiff massive respect but this was bigger and he bottled it

Hump

Bollocks

Biggest game of it season and he bottled it

Good on all the fans going to Cardiff massive respect but this was bigger and he bottled it

Hump

This was a game for the fans and it would have been nice if a full team was put out. BUT not many teams do that nowadays, we have to be realistic.
    But why do we have to be realistic? We're football fans and with that comes dreams and hope. Dreams that one season our name might just be on the cup, hope that it might just be possible. Or at least that we might be able to beat a team from the same city as us (alright, neighbouring county). Let's face it, we know already that we won't win the league this year. If by some slim chance we were to get promoted it would be with a miraculous turnaround and a large slice of luck. It looks far more likely that our end of season battles will again be at the wrong end of the table. But we're still only in September, do we really want to give up hope of achieving some silverware, or ever having a rare but decent run? Are we already at the stage where the battle to stay up takes all precedence of the chance of a visit to Wembley. Where's the passion, where's the excitement, wheres the drama in being realistic? No, I want to see a manager that's prepared to take a risk. I want to see a team that gives it a go. I wan't to believe that one day we'll do it. I don't want the limit on my aspirations to be some stifling dream that we'll manage to scrape into 21st spot and be safe for another year. Sorry Elfsborg, but I don't want to be realistic.
    Agree with what you say.
    Unfortunately I think the 21st place is a strong chance of where we'll end up though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We do have some deluded fans
  • Options
    I

Looking at your first post I would have to agree.
    And looking at yours i think your getting a bit hysterical, i will be there saturday.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

I

Looking at your first post I would have to agree.
    And looking at yours i think your getting a bit hysterical, i will be there saturday.
    No hysterics just frustration in poor management decisions
  • Options

Both Luzon and Meire claimed within a short time of arriving that they had become Charlton fans. Did not see much evidence of that tonight.

Meire had never set foot in SE7 before she was appointed{of this I am certain} and I'm sure her backside will not be on a seat again once she leaves the club.
    Irrelevant to this thread though as she doesn't, and shouldn't, pick the team.
  • Options
    Shrew said:

Considering the lack of depth in the squad, the injury prone state of many of our best players, I thought he got it about right. Wether we win on saturday or not, we pay the manager to have a long term subjective view to navigate our way through the season. Its looking like its going to be hard work and we need all the fit players we can muster to stay in this league.

Nah mate, that all makes far to much sense. It's like you expect football fans not to be fickle grumpy so and so's who love to have a little whinge about all the worlds wrongs when their team lose.

For what it's worth, I don't care that we lost to Palace in the Capital One cup. I would take 3 points over Cardiff at the weekend everyday of the week, and if 'resting' what amounts to 4 first team players, gives us a better chance of doing that then fuck it.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Pick your strongest team and have a proper go. Birmingham did it at Villa last night and came out of the game with credit despite losing 0-1. Why couldn't we? Bringing JBG, Watt and Kashi on in the second half, is surely as much of an injury risk as playing them from the start?

Hard to disagree with that. I understand keeping players out because you're worried about more injuries, so why include the key men in the squad at all?
  • Options
    If we get spanked on Saturday, will people still think resting players last night was a good idea?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

no matter what team we put out last night, we couldn't beat Rotherham, Huddersfield or Blackburn, against palace would of been no different imo, they were all over us, all you have to do is watch the highlights and tore us apart, guy needs a win to justify not selecting strongest squad but if he had I don't think we would be looking forward to a trip to the Etihad, games been lost it was embarrassing being there last night but as much as it pains me to say it palace are a decent team footballing wise, there fans the goal music fake atmosphere bollocks is a different story, but we have Cardiff on Saturday and lets hope we can put a stop to this run of form were in.

Completely agree.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

Pick your strongest team and have a proper go. Birmingham did it at Villa last night and came out of the game with credit despite losing 0-1. Why couldn't we? Bringing JBG, Watt and Kashi on in the second half, is surely as much of an injury risk as playing them from the start?

Hard to disagree with that. I understand keeping players out because you're worried about more injuries, so why include the key men in the squad at all?
    Well, who else is fit and in our squad that we can put on the bench?
    Croydon said:

If we get spanked on Saturday, will people still think resting players last night was a good idea?

If we didn't rest those 4 first team players and got spanked last night and then spanked at the weekend, will people still think playing a depleted and injury hit first team squad last night was a good idea? Because you can be sure as hell the same people moaning about last night, would be moaning about that.

We will never know, but as mentioned, 3 points at the weekend are more important than last nights match, and if we put in a good performance and win, I have a feeling less people will be acting like they've just seen their favourite pet being ran over.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

Um how about trying to win both matches. It's not an either or.

No you are right. Luzon is the first manager ever with a thin squad in the history of the game to put in place priority fixtures. What is he thinking.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    kentred2 said:

Um how about trying to win both matches. It's not an either or.

Because as much as fans try to make it so, football/professional sport is not as simple as that.

Even if we fielded our first team, the likelyhood of beating a (and it pains me to say this) decent premiership team is unlikely.

Football is played over a whole season. And is just not one midweek cup fixture against rivals.