Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cardiff v Charlton 2015/16 Post-match views

Comments

• Options
    I don't think it is any coincidence that everything has been pretty much a disaster since he got injured during Wolves.

Why did we play him against Huddersfield?
  • Options
    Our 2nd half performance against Huddersfield was bad, but not a patch on how bad we were today after we scored.
  • Options
    Last half an hour was cringeworthy , every mistake we could make we did , words to don't do it justice , first 50 mins decent apart from one sustained spell from them , look lost of all confidence at the moment
  • Options
    In the closing stages the fact we played on Wednesday and they had a week was having an effect on some players out there. It's not the sole reason why we lost but it certainly didn't help.
  • Options
    We need to arrest this slide ASAP or we could find ourselves in the bottom three after the Fulham game. The players need to find a bit of fight and commitment. That is down to you Luzon.
  • Options
    Beckboy said:

If I was Guy I would walk away he's being shafted by RD with the lack of squad quality /depth

He's not gonna walk away, he's got his eye on the ujpest job by Christmas and he hears Madrid is lovely in summer.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Was at the game and was a terrible performance something is not right because there was no energy, movement, communication, just nothing!! Only spell of decent football we had was in the 1st half from about 15-30 min where we could have scored at least 2 and the worrying thing is Cardiff were shite.
  • Options
    I totally agree with Scabby.

It is a young promising side but no leader on the pitch. Confidence is maybe 50% of how a game goes and ours is fairly low. Booing the team or certain players has a negative effect.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

In the closing stages the fact we played on Wednesday and they had a week was having an effect on some players out there. It's not the sole reason why we lost but it certainly didn't help.

You hear this a lot but I am not having it. They are professional sportsmen, supposedly in peak condition! Two 90 minute games in a week!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    A side that needed/needs a few additions - That's all - - but we all know that won't happen. Easy, but wrong to blame the manager.
  • Options

You hear this a lot but I am not having it. They are professional sportsmen, supposedly in peak condition! Two 90 minute games in a week!
    Yeah and mostly at little more than walking pace.
  • Options

Plenty of them were rested on Wednesday too!
  • Options
    Harriott should be recalled. I'm not saying it would solve current situation but surely the idea of loaning him out was to get his confidence up and find so form - which he's done.
    For me the squad has always been too small & not enough quality. We are a mid-bottom half club in this league, that's the reality but there's no excuse not to fight in e every game.
  • Options

What I meant was it may only be a couple of them against a side who have had a week off but that's enough to have an impact on the rest of the team as if part of a machine goes it don't work. But that said there were other reasons.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I remember after the Hull game thinking how much a part Makienok plays in the 'danger' our side has. He gives us something that nobody in our team can, and arguably very few in the division.

Always feared that if we lost him for a period of time we would struggle to adapt our game, and I don't think it is any coincidence that everything has been pretty much a disaster since he got injured during Wolves.

Didn't go yesterday but went to Wolves and since Simon's hamstring early on in that game we have missed him being the focal point in the attack, and just as important his good work at defending corners.
    Even thou he assisted the goal against Rotherham within minutes of coming on, he needed longer to be fit and that showed against Huddersfield when his movement was laboured and he went off with the same problem.
    I think we may have conceded 7 Goals from corners including the Palace game when either Big Mak has not played or not been on the pitch at the time.

Since about the 65th minute when Wolves equalized, our season has imploded with everyone playing Poorly, We can't even blame our young Goal keeper who has kept the score down in a few of these games.

The 8 days to Fulham will be very important. They will be confident after thrashing QPR. We need Skill and passion, and leaders on the pitch.

The Mak,Reza,Ceballos, JJ,Hendo,Watt,and Igor injuries plus not getting Henry, has left us short, After the three months of Frustration during the win less run and Big bob's demise.
    Don't let this be the start of that cycle again,
    We have the best crop of u18 we have ever had, but i want to watch them as they are gradually introduced to a championship 1st team,
    Not all playing together in League 1.

• Options
    Enjoying a lovely weekend in Cardiff. Only downside has been attending the game and perhaps being around when we collapsed in the rugby.

It's unbelievable how little confidence I have in our defence when any team approached our area and rightly so because we never clear our lines convincingly. Only a month ago I had no worries that when a ball came into our box it would be well cleared. I can't remember us winning a header from a defensive corner (it seems that is Big Mak's job)

In terms of going forward the first half we looked shot of ideas and even Tony Watt didn't seem to be able to conjure anything up. People have been mentioning his selfishness for a while but what irks me most is unless the ball is to his feet, he has no interest of chasing the ball down or hassling defenders. The first time I saw Kashi, I was really impressed but last few games ive seen I can't see what he offers.

Second Half Ahearne Grant came on and provided a bit of energy and scored a well taken goal. As for chucking the kids in, Kennedy looked out of his depth. For the last 15 mins I gave up hope and was day dreaming for the most part, the players looked as if they did the same. I still think we're survive but I'm not hoping for much more
  • Options
    I saw the quote from Luzon 'we did not show enough commitment'. Was he referring to the team, or to Roland ? At the moment we are heading for being the League One Club with the greatest ever Academy. It does not make sense.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'You can't win anything with kids'...
  • Options

'You can't win anything with kids'...

Thank you Mr Hansen
  • Options

We are Gash......

No, he's been twatting them in for Barnet this season. Four goals so far.
  • Options
    The Sunday Times (Welsh version) today made some perceptive and accurate comments about the game, especially our defensive weakness in the air ..this is especially strange as Bauer and Sarr as well as Fox are all tall men and would be expected to perform well in that area ..
    .. as has been mentioned, we miss the number of headed clearances made by BigMak, who has quickly come to be a vital cog in the team both in attack and defence .. GET WELL SOON BIG FELLA ..
    .. the rest of the Times piece was also right on the money .. we were not all that bad and the player marks reflected that .. some of the comments on here are far too pessimistic and blinkered, BUT of course we all have our own view and opinion, no matter how biased and wrong they may be ((:>)
  • Options
    Beckboy said:

If I was Guy I would walk away he's being shafted by RD with the lack of squad quality /depth

I don't think Guy can be totally blameless There are a number of decisions made by him recently that are questionable. Yesterday was highlighted by one in particular whilst I have no argument with the removal of Bergdich at half time ( where he is superior to Harriot escapes me) The second substitution left me totally amazed. Throughout the 1st half Kennedy and Solly did an acceptable job of keeping the right side of the defence pretty tight and Kennedy got into a number of good forward positions and linked up well with the forwards. To switch him over to the left /central before replacing him with McAleny was a big mistake. Whilst showing an obvious commitment to the cause I am afraid he contributed nothing apart from a performance of 'headless chicken' proportions. (have we guaranteed him game time as part of his loan?) Finally to cap it all Guy brings on a player who has is just returning from a really long injury period to play the last 6 minutes of a game that is patently beyond us. How well had Moussa managed to warm up after spending such a long part of the 2nd half warming the bench, and how high was the risk of a re-occurrence of the injury as a result?
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Just looked at our fixtures and even with our present squad cannot see winning again until the new year.I forecast bottom 2 and Mr Guy Luzon a distant memory.
    Why is RD investing in the training ground and letting these players facing Div 1
    Not good business to me

I know we are not at our best but the new year is a long way off. Plenty of time to find at least one win. If we fail to win before the new year I will wear a sari. And besides which it's League 1 NOT Division 1 or Div 1. It's League 1.
  • Options
    Not seen Kennedy play but he was never on my radar as one to watch. Lookman however (if we have no recall on Harriott) could do a job on the left. Also need a new captain, Solly not doing it.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I've calmed down a bit and I agree with what some posters have mentioned on here re: it being a very young team, and having a pop won't help them turn it round. The only reason I was so angry at FT y'day was because when you are there you just get caught up in the game. As soon as Cardiff equalised our response was shambolic. That's what was fresh in my mind and I have to vent.

Also, the two goals we conceded were poor. The first one the guy just ghosted in and took the ball off whoever was trying to clear it, with ease. The second one the guy was completely unmarked. That's nothing to do with our young our team are, simple organisation you can teach at any level. I can forgive getting caught out by an early ball in, good movement, but their 2nd was from a cleared corner, everyone should have a man.

I also think GL doesn't realise the emphasis placed on the pace of the English game. All teams press and the game is fast. Is slow build up style might work on the continent, but not here. To do that the players look like they need to work on their fitness. Particularly the likes of Watt.

There are a number of issues at the movement. I heard various rumours yesterday from Watt having a bust up with Damien Matthew and throwing a punch right through to GL has 2 games to save his job (the first being yesterday). I don't attach any substance to either of them as I know these things are like Chinese whispers, but I do think things aren't right behind the scenes. Even more strange given how united everything looked after the Hull win
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I heard various rumours yesterday from Watt having a bust up with Damien Martin and throwing a punch

Do you mean Damian Matthew ?