Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RD & KM (ed. insightful interview with Katrien, page 5)

Comments

• Options

Yes, bring all these new fans in first before you dump us oldies. If you are good business people, surely this makes sense rather than the other way round!!!

She's not a mile away in her attitude from the newish landlord of The Star in plumstead. Fuck the old customers out and bring in all these new rich and young ones. Problem is that the new people in Charltons area tend to be PL fans who's first choice won't be the Addicks.
  • Options
    The ground looks great, we're in the Championship which is a good league and we have some international players.

That's a lot better than being in Div.1 or in the Championship with financial problems under the previous regime.

Yes, we need some experienced players to strengthen the squad but if it wasn't for injuries and playing young and not fully fit players things would be looking better. I mean, playing 2 kids up front against Palace to avoid injury to your only fit striker - what manager is not going to struggle with that.
  • Options
    Bankruptcy is a coherent plan.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I wonder where these monied fans who don't mind apparently mediocre food, awful football and a bleak prospect of success are to come from?!!

RD & KM; IT'S THE FOOTBALL STUPID(S)!
  • Options

Well I agree with the below. Although of course, she should have added, that she's still not ready.

Barely 2 months later, he sent her off to the arena of Charlton Athletic.

“I wasn’t ready. I didn’t have any experience in football club management, I’d never even spoken to a player’s agent"

If I could be bothered, I'd put together, an article of what she's really achieved, but I can't be arsed.

Go on it shouldn't take long ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oakster said:

Oh but we have a pitch side sofa - it seems the previous regime was intent on asset stripping us financially. This lot are asset stripping our identity.

It makes us a laughing stock. My friend's attended the Rotherham game and couldn't believe their eyes. Cheesy gimmick
  • Options
    We haven't changed at all in RD's time, were becoming a stagnant Championship club and a boring side to watch, we haven't got a quick player who is exciting and thrills the crowd
  • Options
    I don't visit the Valley much these days as it is a lot of money to travel from up here but after Ms Meire's latest views on OUR club I reckon that is it for me, I'll continue going to away matches to support my team but I'm not putting anymore money into RD's coffers and am considering leaving Valley Gold as it seems that RD wants to finance everything at SL then let him.
  • Options

I don't visit the Valley much these days as it is a lot of money to travel from up here but after Ms Meire's latest views on OUR club I reckon that is it for me, I'll continue going to away matches to support my team but I'm not putting anymore money into RD's coffers and am considering leaving Valley Gold as it seems that RD wants to finance everything at SL then let him.

?
  • Options
    Greenie said:

?
    Sparrows Lane
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I have been contemplating leaving valley gold - as the reasons for being part of it - doing ones bit for the club you love don't seem to be respected or cared for. Not reached that decision yet but am close but I know it doesn't matter and won't matter to RD if we all left the scheme.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hysteria levels reach new high......
  • Options

I have been contemplating leaving valley gold - as the reasons for being part of it - doing ones bit for the club you love don't seem to be respected or cared for. Not reached that decision yet but am close but I know it doesn't matter and won't matter to RD if we all left the scheme.

Yes, but you'll feel much better, go for it.
  • Options
    What summed up for me the complete disregard for "old-timer" supporters was the decision earlier this year to raise the concession age for a senior season ticket from 60 to 65 (or 66 - can't remember).

The amount of money this must raise in the bigger scheme of things must be minimal. But the loss of good will must be huge.

Next year, I would have qualified for a concession ticket under the old system. Now I won't. Well, **** 'em - if the season carries on as now I shan't be bothering to renew and their "clever" little wheeze will not raise a few extra bob but actually cost them.
  • Options
    If accurate pretty much shows a complete lack of understanding about football clubs, football fans and the special nature of Charlton Athletic and its fans. If it didn't fit all the actions previously so closely I'd be less inclined to believe it.
  • Options
    can't believe the comments based on an article translated using Google. I have to use it sometimes for work and believe me some things don't translate well. I believe a lot has been lost in translation. Plus, how do we know that the journo has reported what she said accurately? How do we know it was even an interview as opposed to what he's remembered of a private conversation. Frankly, it hasn't bothered me in the slightest.
  • Options

can't believe the comments based on an article translated using Google. I have to use it sometimes for work and believe me some things don't translate well. I believe a lot has been lost in translation. Plus, how do we know that the journo has reported what she said accurately? How do we know it was even an interview as opposed to what he's remembered of a private conversation. Frankly, it hasn't bothered me in the slightest.

Huge majority of my work is entirely based upon using different translators for stuff posted online. You are never going to get a clean translation but you get the jist of things, the fact of the matter is, if it's one or two 'risky' comments then these may be comments not translating as to how they were said at the time - but this has a whole host of 'debatable' things from the start to finish. And a lot of the things mentioned were 'facts' that aren't liked, the sacking of employees etc.. we all know these as facts, not bad translations. You can't dismiss an entire article for not knowing as a fact in what manner she said things/how it's not translated perfectly.

If it was a private conversation from someone who then posted up a well published piece online then KM needs to sharpen up and be careful who she's speaking to, I'm pretty certain she will have known it was in some form of social interview discussing matters.

It's not bothered you but it has others, people have differing opinions, I respect yours for not letting this affect you but the whole bigger picture is almost summarised in this piece, and it's not the prettiest picture however it is painted, IMO.
  • Options
    I think they are trying to turn the football club into a hockey franchise. It makes sense now.
  • Options
    the pattern seems to be similar to last season. We made a good start but quickly after a couple of setbacks the confidence drained and the manager went quickly. I believe some of the acquisitions have been an improvement on last season and I also believe that the manager is doing a decent job, he is not afraid to change things when necessary.
    However I agree that we have no leadership, Diarra should be the captain, he has the experience and I believe the desire.I also believe that the team should be built around Cousins which means that he starts in central midfield. Finally the club management have to recognise that there was a serious error in not strengthening before the transfer window, the squad is too thin, we have no back up full backs, we need another centre half and more up front and so we need some good quality loans between now and January.
    Finally Roland needs to realise by now that this is a tough league and needs strong and decisive management which means a new and experienced chief executive or Director of football who can go out and get the right players, not an inexperienced former commercial lawyer, she constantly makes the wrong calls, on and off the pitch and has no idea how to relate to supporters. She needs to go now.