Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karel Fraeye - 1/2 on SkyBet. Betting now suspended

Comments

• Options
    Hopefully he's just caretaker until we can negotiate Riga's release from Metz.
  • Options

37 years old, would much rather an older manager. These young whippersnappers seem to loose the dressing room far quicker than older more distinguished managers. Anyway let's not panic yet, apparently Katrien is busy conducting 40 odd interviews this weekend.

Agreed, when the chips were down Guy seemed like to much of a callow youth to have any answers. Fraeye maybe even more so
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Roland is going to run dry of insiders at this rate.
    I absolutely believe that Fraeye will continue to follow the Duchatelet template.
    Looking back, when I met Karel and had quite a long chat with him what I remember was that his English was pretty good, he was very inquisitive regarding Charlton and English football, he was annoyed that young players were snatched from smaller clubs by bigger clubs, he dismissed the lower reaches of Belgium football as insignificant, he was very interested regarding our attendance that day, he was generally quite sharp as he was here on business and returning to Ghent that evening to report (presumably) to Roland, he was then in deep conversation with Katrien.
    My personal impression was that he had quite a wide knowledge of football on the continent, he stuck me as intelligent person and in command of his brief at that time.
    He has some knowledge of us and was here under Riga, so far he has not shown to be racist, so I think Roland is persisting with his experiment.

I'm not being funny, but isn't that where he's managing/coaching at the moment ?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I absolutely believe that Fraeye will continue to follow the Duchatelet template.
    Looking back, when I met Karel and had quite a long chat with him what I remember was that his English was pretty good, he was very inquisitive regarding Charlton and English football, he was annoyed that young players were snatched from smaller clubs by bigger clubs, he dismissed the lower reaches of Belgium football as insignificant, he was very interested regarding our attendance that day, he was generally quite sharp as he was here on business and returning to Ghent that evening to report (presumably) to Roland, he was then in deep conversation with Katrien.
    My personal impression was that he had quite a wide knowledge of football on the continent, he stuck me as intelligent person and in command of his brief at that time.
    He has some knowledge of us and was here under Riga, so far he has not shown to be racist, so I think Roland is persisting with his experiment.

You win the award for angriest Charlton fan ever !
  • Options
    Could Millwall be playing in a league above us next season?
  • Options

Could Millwall be playing in a league above us next season?

And Gillingham
  • Options
    I'm so disillusioned with the club, I can't even get upset anymore. Can't see me going to a game for a while
  • Options
    se9addick said:

seth plum said:

I'm not being funny, but isn't that where he's managing/coaching at the moment ?
    Well he's clearly ambitious, which can be a good thing.

A big problem with the chancers that the network has brought us so far is that they are ambitious beyond their actual abilities, seemingly with a sense of entitlement where a person's self awareness should be
  • Options
    Pantomime season starts early this year in SE7.

• Options
    Fraeye is a joke

Our painted yellow stairs are fantastic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

seth plum said:

You win the award for angriest Charlton fan ever !
    I accidentally hit like instead of quote.
    There is nothing angry about my post, it is a report about what I remember about meeting him.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Scoham said:

shirty5 said:

Scoham said:

SLP article says he'll be caretaker manager. So he's leaving his (presumably) permanent job to be our caretaker head coach? I expect they're hoping he'll get a few good results to then justify giving him the job permanently.

That was not originally reported by Cawley. That has been amended since.
    It was amended from permanent to caretaker wasn't it?
    Yes that's correct, as Cawley had stated that Fraeye would become Charlton's 4th manager/head coach in the last 20 months.
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

Fraeye is a joke

Our painted yellow stairs are fantastic

And the pitch is beautiful. Shame that we fill it with dog turds every home game.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    colin1961 said:

Scoham said:

SLP article says he'll be caretaker manager. So he's leaving his (presumably) permanent job to be our caretaker head coach? I expect they're hoping he'll get a few good results to then justify giving him the job permanently.

As I keep saying keeping the seat warm like Luzon was for the Belgium manager who will join after the euros
    I never comment on your post but you are becoming boring why don't you take the job and sit on Rolands knee like spit the dog
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Scoham said:

As I keep saying keeping the seat warm like Luzon was for the Belgium manager who will join after the euros
    'Course mate.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I honestly cannot imagine KM being able to come up with a speech that will, in any way, not make her sound like a complete tool.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Scoham said:

Yep. At the same time Lewandowski joins to replace KAG.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Scoham said:

Why would Marc Willmots want to manage a League One side when he currently coaches one of the top teams in European international football. Surely he would be looking to manage a top side in other countries.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

For the first time in six years my 12 yr old son did not come to a home game yesterday.

Didn't fancy it.

Couldn't be annoyed because I understood.

Now I feel like doing the same.

Sad. Embarrassing. Ridiculous.

Same with my 15 year old. Couldn't blame him either.

My 13 year old came and when we lost said that it didn't matter if we sacked Luzon, we'd just get another of Roland's mates in and get relegated... So well done the board, your "target the youth" plan is going perfectly.
    My 9 year old swerved and said its The stupid owner we want out more than the manager
    Luckily I had a 7 and 5 year old to bully in to coming .....3 year old threw a sickie
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

He could be our David Moyes.

More like the next Alex Ferguson.
  • Options
    Whoever you are, Colin1961, I can only presume that you are not the sharpest tool in the box. The risk is we will be relegated far quicker than Blackpool were last year.