Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Not so quick Mick will end up in the Williams, with Giovinazzi taking his place at Haas I reckon
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Not so quick Mick will end up in the Williams, with Giovinazzi taking his place at Haas I reckon
    The Haas line up sounds so uninspiring for next year.
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    No great surprise really ... has hardly delivered and Albon has shown him up.  Suspect he'll move over to the e-series.
    I think that he has to be one of the worse drivers to ever reach F1.
    Harsh, as there has been some proper shite in F1 the last couple of decades
    Mazepin 
    I dont even think that he'll go down as the worst when you consider some names

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1778582-ranking-the-10-worst-drivers-in-f1-history
  • Options
    Mazepin is positively world class when compared to some of the ‘pay drivers’ turning out for teams like Larousse and (sadly) Lotus in the 1990’s. I seem to remember a guy called Gianni Lavaggi (aka Johnny Carwash) being truly shocking!
  • Options
    Hmmm so who replaces him then... Are they going to wait until the F2 season ends to see if Sargeant has enough points?

I've been a fan of Logan this year, but the last three races have made me wonder if he does need another season in F2 before making the step up.

de Vries after all appears to be bound for AlphaTauri

I think that's their main hope and if that fails it will be Mick or Hulkenberg 
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    No great surprise really ... has hardly delivered and Albon has shown him up.  Suspect he'll move over to the e-series.
    What I would say is that 6 years in GP2 / F2 has to be some kind of record.
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Mazepin 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1778582-ranking-the-10-worst-drivers-in-f1-history
    Lots of bad drivers there but how many hung around for 3 seasons in F1?
    He hasn't kept his seat through talent that's for sure. He's currently standing 21st in a 20 driver championship and has never looked like challenging any of his team-mates over the last 3 years.
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Mazepin 

Lots of bad drivers there but how many hung around for 3 seasons in F1?
    He hasn't kept his seat through talent that's for sure. He's currently standing 21st in a 20 driver championship and has never looked like challenging any of his team-mates over the last 3 years.
    I think that’s the real point - he’s got to be the worst driver ever to be retained repeatedly. And it’s only the war that’s relieved us of him.
  • Options
    Honestly think the Williams takeover is what's finally forced the change. Now the team is on a more stable financial footing , they can be way more picky about drivers. 

Kind of feel like it might be a season too early for Logan Sargeant if they do sign him however. 
  • Options
    The only thing of note that he did was cost Hamilton a World Championship by crashing. Not a great CV.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wont happen, but how funny would it be if it was a major breach they handed the title back to Lewis
  • Options
    Will just be a retroactive penalty on the Constructor side I reckon, maybe a 100% points deduction, with the prize money redistributed accordingly, but they don't then get the extra wind tunnel allowance for finishing last? Would make the most sense 
  • Options
    Its laughable but its F1 at the moment but think its just gonna be a monetary fine
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Wont happen, but how funny would it be if it was a major breach they handed the title back to Lewis
    Would be hilarious if Max had to remove the number 1 from his car.

Sadly won’t happen, cheating is never punished as it should be.
  • Options
    But if they don't punsh hard it will be an advantage to overspend.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Will just be a retroactive penalty on the Constructor side I reckon, maybe a 100% points deduction, with the prize money redistributed accordingly, but they don't then get the extra wind tunnel allowance for finishing last? Would make the most sense 
    All depends on how much they went over I guess.

Less than 5% and I suspect they'll get a fine or a slap on the wrist. Maybe they'll hit them with 300 constructors point to drop them below the Fezzas. They wouldn't care either way as long as Max keeps the title.

More than 5% and the FIA would have to seriously consider stripping Max of the title. If you look at the possible outcomes...

1. Deduction of points from drivers or constructors. Well, they didn't win the constructors so the loss of money from constructors points is immaterial to them.

2. A stop on development of aero parts. They'll be in a damn good place with this given how things have turned out this year. Probably started on next years car already. Also, good luck proving it.

3 & 4. An exclusion from sessions or grand prix(s). Max has the title sewn up, I reckon he could DNF every race and still win it this year.

5. Total exclusion from the Championship.

The only meaningful outcomes from those are drivers points being deducted or a total exclusion.
  • Options
    I suppose they could cancel all constructors points this season. As you say, it depends on the seriousness of this in terms of scale and knowledge. By that I mean was it done in error or in the hope of not being caught. If the latter, you could see the title being stripped from Verstappen but probably this season.
  • Options
    I suppose they could cancel all constructors points this season. As you say, it depends on the seriousness of this in terms of scale and knowledge. By that I mean was it done in error or in the hope of not being caught. If the latter, you could see the title being stripped from Verstappen but probably this season.
    I believe any points deductions made are for the period in which the offence occurred.
  • Options
    I don't think that is necessarily the case as it could be argued the advantage is being taken this season. I am sure, if guilty, the authorities will try to avoid changing the outcome of an event which has happened. Of course Verstappen is not yet champion this season so a punishment in relation to that will stimulate the season as a spectacle and not materially change anything that has gone in the record books.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think that is necessarily the case as it could be argued the advantage is being taken this season. I am sure, if guilty, the authorities will try to avoid changing the outcome of an event which has happened. Of course Verstappen is not yet champion this season so a punishment in relation to that will stimulate the season as a spectacle and not materially change anything that has gone in the record books.
    The finances were submitted in March I believe so the advantage likely to be for last year, not this.
  • Options
    Wouldnt be the first time team / drivers have been DSQ from a Championship

Happened to Brundle and Tyrell back in 1984 which on that occasion was a technical infringement.

Retrospective action on the other hand would be interesting
  • Options
    Outstanding Qualifying in Singapore.

Really thought Hamilton was gonna pull off pole position there - Verstappen from P7 could make it interesting tomorrow, he hasnt look comfortable
  • Options
    What a very very interesting grid we've got for tomorrow. 

Can only think that's a fuel issue for Max and he'd have failed scrutineering. 
  • Options
    Looks like a big delay in Singapore...torrential rain.  Gonna have to make a choice at some point between GP and the Manchester Derby!
  • Options
    2:05 formation lap 
  • Options
    Ridiculous that they dont have procedures in place where the cars can be prepped ready for the race a lot quicker in rain conditions like this

I mean why cant the grid work be done from the confines of the garage, so that when the track is good enough for cars to go to the grid, they can get the race pretty much under way
  • Options
    RB and AT arent sister teams of course are they

The amount of time it took Verstappen to get past Gasly compared with Alonso and Vettel is goddamn ridiculous!!
  • Options
    Jesus this is boring. Wish I’d watched the 1st half of the City/Utd game.