Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2022
    MarcusH26 said:
    Hard luck for Bearman... Did a great job to finish P3 in the Championship.

Feel it should have been P2 at least but cant do anything about it
    Bearman looks a real talent , still raw but I'd be very surprised if he's not with Prema in F2 next season. There's some real talents in this F3 field that will hopefully graduate. 

The one I really don't rate is Arthur Leclerc , even today some brainless moves. 
    Leclerc can be fast and at times is really good but, like you say, is pretty brainless and has a knack of finding trouble.
    I'm yet to be convinced by Bearman.
    Struggled to begin with to cope with the F3 car it feels, despite a very impressive start @ Bahrain - Since the summer break though he's been outstanding, his performance here in Monza this weekend has ruthless.

He'd have won the Championship had he not qualified so low last week.

Was awkward on the podium though - There really is no love between him and Maloney
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Hard luck for Bearman... Did a great job to finish P3 in the Championship.

Feel it should have been P2 at least but cant do anything about it
    Bearman looks a real talent , still raw but I'd be very surprised if he's not with Prema in F2 next season. There's some real talents in this F3 field that will hopefully graduate. 

The one I really don't rate is Arthur Leclerc , even today some brainless moves. 
    Leclerc can be fast and at times is really good but, like you say, is pretty brainless and has a knack of finding trouble.
    I'm yet to be convinced by Bearman.

Just feels like he'd be a penalty magnet in F2 with some of the driving standards we've seen this season. 
    He hasn't learnt from previous collisions. He has thrown away a lot of points needlessly.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Sorry dont rate Arthur Leclerc at all... Got beaten as a rookie by Ollie Caldwell in a Prema last year - Then this season only managed to get a few more points than what Caldwell achieved last year, yet still gets beaten by both a Rookie this year.

He's fast, but it feels as though he doesnt have the brain for racing - I always felt he'd have an incident in this race.
  • Options
    Sorry dont rate Arthur Leclerc at all... Got beaten as a rookie by Ollie Caldwell in a Prema last year - Then this season only managed to get a few more points than what Caldwell achieved last year, yet still gets beaten by both a Rookie this year.

He's fast, but it feels as though he doesnt have the brain for racing - I always felt he'd have an incident in this race.
    I don't particularly rate him as far as getting to F1 but without those silly, unnecessary incidents throughout the season, he would probably have been the champion. He certainly threw away a lot more than the 25 points that he finished behind Martins.
  • Options
    Bonkers start to the F2 race.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Beauty of so much talent available from F3 for next season.

F2 is just a joke this term with so many shite drivers

You go on Social Media and hear about how the likes of Vettel | Ricciardo are "finished", the likes of Stroll and Latifi who shouldn't be there because they're pay drivers... Yeah the last two have their moments, but in the F1 later it'll be so much more straightforward because they are 20 of the best drivers in the world.
  • Options

You go on Social Media and hear about how the likes of Vettel | Ricciardo are "finished", the likes of Stroll and Latifi who shouldn't be there because they're pay drivers... Yeah the last two have their moments, but in the F1 later it'll be so much more straightforward because they are 20 of the best drivers in the world.
    Could make F2 interesting next season if quite a few make the step up, althought last year's champion hasn't really set the world alight in F2.
  • Options

Could make F2 interesting next season if quite a few make the step up, althought last year's champion hasn't really set the world alight in F2.
    No been very disappointed with Hauger
  • Options
    I’ve got a feeling we could be hearing god save the king today. This weekend, a man called George on the podium.

Merc race pace could make it happen.
  • Options
    I’ve got a feeling we could be hearing god save the king today. This weekend, a man called George on the podium.

Merc race pace could make it happen.
    Or not…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Russell’s pace been really disappointing today. He doesn’t quite seem as effective racing up front as Hamilton would be 
  • Options
    Italian Marshals have been shocking today.

Been so slow at getting a race back underway
  • Options
    I’m far from a fan of Max but the booing from the Italian fans during his interview were totally uncalled for.
  • Options
    I’m far from a fan of Max but the booing from the Italian fans during his interview were totally uncalled for.
    Should be booing their own countrymen

Six laps to get rid of a broken down car - Fucking incompetence.

Was ridiculous with the commentators saying that the race should have been red flagged - Cant do that instead of using a Safety Car each bloody incident now.
  • Options
    Incredibly boring race that.

They really do need to change the rules, as for me no race should finish as a procession behind a safety car. If that happens in the last 5 laps of a race they should red flag it, and then once the incident is cleared, have a short few laps shoot out.

Probably wouldn't have changed the result but at least it would be better to watch.
  • Options
    They would have been better booing their own marshals 
  • Options
    I did love the Horner line over the radio: "It didnt matter Max, you deserved to win as you were the fastest over the weekend."

Where has that view been since Abu Dhabi?
  • Options
    The Italian stewards were a shambles at the end there, and ironically ended up denying Ferrari a shot at the race win on home turf
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Reading that it feels optimistic that he'll race in Singapore. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

The cancellation of the Russian Grand Prix has given him 3 weeks recovery time instead of 2.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

The cancellation of the Russian Grand Prix has given him 3 weeks recovery time instead of 2.
    Ah I wondered why there was another three week break between Italy | Singapore
  • Options
    Race day at Monza was an experience. One that I’m glad I did but I wouldn’t really recommend GA there to anyone - a good view of the track was super hard to come by. Shame they had to end under the safety car as a few laps of Leclerc chasing Max would’ve generated a great atmosphere. 

All around the circuit there were big groups of lads supporting Ferrari or Verstappen and they were pretty unpleasant. Found myself supporting Lewis for the first time in about 10 years. Also found myself in quite a few crowd crushes, you would never get away with event organisation like it in the UK - some pretty scary moments. 

The podium was fun though!

Have done quite a few GPs (but never Silverstone).  Did Monza GA and decided that would be the last time - nightmare crowds and, as you said, almost impossible to fine a good vantage spot.  Decided after that would pay extra for a Grandstand seat - but even then regularly found people in our seats - especially in Hungary although stewards turfed them out!
  • Options
    I know it's probably been done to death, but all these penalties although might make the race slightly more interesting. I do feel the amount of penalties is going to affect the interest in qualifying, that's without the FIA taking hours to decide on the proper grid order. 

Massive farce at the end too, just seems the end of the season there isn't really much to play for.. pleased with De Vries getting P8 on his debut, good to see!
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    F1 boss hints at qualifying shake-up which could hinder Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton | F1 | Sport | Express.co.uk

Just read this, basically an inverted grid based on the quickest cars at the back. Not sure about it myself, but it would be nice if we got several different winners like F2 and not automatic top 3 for the fastest. Interesting, what are other peoples thoughts?

edit- Don't see it happening 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    F1 boss hints at qualifying shake-up which could hinder Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton | F1 | Sport | Express.co.uk

Just read this, basically an inverted grid based on the quickest cars at the back. Not sure about it myself, but it would be nice if we got several different winners like F2 and not automatic top 3 for the fastest. Interesting, what are other peoples thoughts?

edit- Don't see it happening 
    If Sprint races stick around then this should be how the Grid lines up for them.

Sunday we then get the proper grid as per normal - Its what makes a Sprint race so bloody pointless at the moment, as they're just a prologue as to what we can expect the following day.

Even then it probably wouldn't improve the racing that much - Look at how many drivers provide token defence at times because they dont want to risk damage, thats going to be increased tenfold in a Sprint, because a heavy crash could result in missing the main event
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Its Indycar rather than F1 but talk about a load of bullshit for nothing.

Alex Palou (2021 Indy Champion) has now decided to stay with Chip Ganassi for next year

He of course has been the Oscar Piastri of Indy this season with a legal battle ongoing between him and his team, because he wanted to move to Mclaren Arrows, and so have a shot at simply transitioning to F1, without moving teams.

Guess Piastri taking the spare F1 seat @ Mclaren has made him think twice.

Although looks like CGR will allow him to pursue testing in Formula One as well - So guess thats the agreement they've come to - We dont want you driving for anyone else in this Series, but if you want to go to another series, thats up to you
  • Options
    Its Indycar rather than F1 but talk about a load of bullshit for nothing.

Alex Palou (2021 Indy Champion) has now decided to stay with Chip Ganassi for next year

He of course has been the Oscar Piastri of Indy this season with a legal battle ongoing between him and his team, because he wanted to move to Mclaren Arrows, and so have a shot at simply transitioning to F1, without moving teams.

Guess Piastri taking the spare F1 seat @ Mclaren has made him think twice.

Although looks like CGR will allow him to pursue testing in Formula One as well - So guess thats the agreement they've come to - We dont want you driving for anyone else in this Series, but if you want to go to another series, thats up to you

What an absolute mess this entire situation has been. Palou has had to do a lot of grovelling to Chip Ganassi I'm imagining. 

Does leave a prime McLaren FE seat that everyone was expecting to be Rosenqvist however.