Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Silverstone 2023 tickets going on general sale today, specific release time TBC.

Going to my first ever F1 event and I'm only going on the Sunday... was looking at buying tickets in Village B, does anybody have any recommendations/suggestions? Budget is around £400 give or take.
  • Options
    Silverstone 2023 tickets going on general sale today, specific release time TBC.

Going to my first ever F1 event and I'm only going on the Sunday... was looking at buying tickets in Village B, does anybody have any recommendations/suggestions? Budget is around £400 give or take.
    If it was me, I'd consider Woodcote for the same price. Not been to Village B but Woodcote is a good spot, you're able to see them come through Brooklands & Nuffield. You'll also have a screen in front of you so you can see what's going on elsewhere.

• Options

If it was me, I'd consider Woodcote for the same price. Not been to Village B but Woodcote is a good spot, you're able to see them come through Brooklands & Nuffield. You'll also have a screen in front of you so you can see what's going on elsewhere.

Thanks mate, would you suggest Woodcote A or Woodcote B? Looks like the queue has just opened.
  • Options

Thanks mate, would you suggest Woodcote A or Woodcote B? Looks like the queue has just opened.
    Probably A but not too much in it to be honest
  • Options

Agree with this. If I was going again I’d want tickets in Woodcote A or Luffield 
  • Options
    Spent hours waiting in the online queue to get in the buy area, got a technical error message but also the counter has disappeared. Trying to go on via another browser and the site won't even load. Don't know if anybody else has tried but I'm having no luck whatsoever, and worry I'll miss out. 
  • Options
    You should be ok. I had tickets for last year and bought them well after the initial sale date.
  • Options
    After what has been a complete farce with the ticketing, managed to bag Woodcote A today. Can't wait. Thanks for your help @DaveMehmet @Leeds_Addick

• Options
    After what has been a complete farce with the ticketing, managed to bag Woodcote A today. Can't wait. Thanks for your help @DaveMehmet @Leeds_Addick

Nice one mate, enjoy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They really think a night race in November in Vegas is a good idea.

Tyres just wont switch on. Vegas in November at 10pm local time is fecking freezing. I think it has a good chance at being coldest GP air temp / track temp for a long time.
  • Options

Tyres just wont switch on. Vegas in November at 10pm local time is fecking freezing. I think it has a good chance at being coldest GP air temp / track temp for a long time.
    I've been there in November and completely agree - crazy decision!  Desert air at night...freezing!
  • Options

No tyre blankets next year either, unless I'm mistaken.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Got to love the logistics of it too...

Middle East - North America - Central America - South America - North America - Middle East

Surely it would make sense to start grouping races together, especially if they truly want to start thinking about the planet... Even if it was something like... Australia - China - Bahrain - Saudi Arabia - Azerbaijan - Miami - Canada - Las Vegas - EUROPE -  Singapore - Japan - Austin - Mexico - Brazil - Qatar - Abu Dhabi
  • Options
    24 races of Max and Red Bull dominating  :s
  • Options

Alphatauri re sign Yuki Tsunoda for 2023. Think he's very very lucky to get another season. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Alphatauri re sign Yuki Tsunoda for 2023. Think he's very very lucky to get another season. 
    Completely agree. The occasional decent performance but generally poor. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

If Red Bulls academy wasn't on a massive downward slope , he'd be another name to the list of the likes of Jean-Eric Vergne and Danii Kyvat. Be interesting to see if he is up against De Vries or Gasly next season but he's got to start delivering. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

If Red Bulls academy wasn't on a massive downward slope , he'd be another name to the list of the likes of Jean-Eric Vergne and Danii Kyvat. Be interesting to see if he is up against De Vries or Gasly next season but he's got to start delivering. 
    The crazy thing is Yuki isn't as good as either of those drivers and has absolutely no chance of progressing to the main team.
    Their F2 drivers are average at best. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I don't suppose that money may have influenced this decision?
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    I don't suppose that money may have influenced this decision?

Not really  , Yuki was Honda backed to a degree but with that relationship over with Red Bull I don't think he's bringing any real sponsorship to the table. I think it's purely they don't really have anyone else that's ready for the seat. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

The crazy thing is Yuki isn't as good as either of those drivers and has absolutely no chance of progressing to the main team.
    Their F2 drivers are average at best. 

I know Marko loves these " on the edge" type drivers but I just don't see anything that special with Yuki? As you said , it's down to their very average F2 drivers that he's even getting another year. I almost wonder if they'd have managed to get the Herta situation sorted if they'd have gone Herta- De Vries/Gasly. 
  • Options
    I presumed that Yuki had a contract for 2023 regardless... Going to be a big F2 season next year for the Juniors... Hauger and Iwasa show some potential, but think they'll fall short, whilst Hadjar will no doubt step up too.

Of course I'd be surprised if AlphaTauri dont look into signing Herta again next year.

de Vries after all isn't going to be anything more than a Perez style stop gap
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    No great surprise really ... has hardly delivered and Albon has shown him up.  Suspect he'll move over to the e-series.
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    No great surprise really ... has hardly delivered and Albon has shown him up.  Suspect he'll move over to the e-series.
    I think that he has to be one of the worse drivers to ever reach F1.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Hmmm so who replaces him then... Are they going to wait until the F2 season ends to see if Sargeant has enough points?

I've been a fan of Logan this year, but the last three races have made me wonder if he does need another season in F2 before making the step up.

de Vries after all appears to be bound for AlphaTauri
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Harsh, as there has been some proper shite in F1 the last couple of decades
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Harsh, as there has been some proper shite in F1 the last couple of decades
    Mazepin