Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2020

Only pre-season testing, but nice to have some F1 back. Buzzing for the start of this season, although I feel like this every year until Mercedes dominate again. I just pray that somebody is able to compete with them all year round this season.

Hoping McLaren can build on their progress from last season, be nice to see them bag a few podiums this year.

Bottas currently fastest which at testing of course counts for nothing. I expect Mercedes to sandbag all the way through this session, like they always do.

• Options
    The only thing is that Ferrari seemed to have the better engine for the past couple of seasons. They may have more than they can eek out of it than Mercedes. Who knows but Ferrari have underperformed in every area outside of the engine for the past two seasons so if they can get the other bits right they might be closer. Also Red Bull seem to be on an upward curve so it will be interesting to see where everything falls come the start of the season.
  • Options
    Just working my way through Netflix F1 documentary. Gives great insight into the pressures the teams work under. Found myself feeling quite sorry for Grosjean who previously just thought was a dick of a driver.
  • Options
    Just working my way through Netflix F1 documentary. Gives great insight into the pressures the teams work under. Found myself feeling quite sorry for Grosjean who previously just thought was a dick of a driver.
    New one out next week too. Mercedes and Ferrari both taken part in this one.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Would be great to see McLaren getting back up there. Can't see it though this season, sadly, even if they improve. Maybe the one after that.
  • Options

I’m looking forward to watching the new series, even if it is only to reinforce my opinion that Red Bull, Horner and Verstappen are all cocks of the highest order.
  • Options

I’m looking forward to watching the new series, even if it is only to reinforce my opinion that Red Bull, Horner and Verstappen are all cocks of the highest order.

Intrigued to know why you think they're cocks?

I really like Max, I think if he was in an equal car to Lewis it would make for one epic season.

• Options

Intrigued to know why you think they're cocks?

I really like Max, I think if he was in an equal car to Lewis it would make for one epic season.

I also think Max is a bit of a knob. Had no real opinion on him prior to the 1st series but was firmly team Ricciardo during all of their disputes. Max just seemed to have a bit of the 'Golden Boy' about him.
  • Options
    The problem is with Red Bull. They are treating Max just like they did Vettel, to the detriment of their second driver.
    Vettel always received favourable treatment from the team whenever there was an issue with Mark Webber, especially "Multi 21" and I think that Ricciardo could see things going the same way, which is why he left.
  • Options

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/148342/mercedes-adopts-customisable-teering-mode

This has just been spotted in testing, maybe this is Mercedes being one step ahead of everybody, as always.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/148342/mercedes-adopts-customisable-teering-mode

This has just been spotted in testing, maybe this is Mercedes being one step ahead of everybody, as always.

It was really interesting seeing that in testing this morning. It certainly had the paddock talking.
  • Options

Drive to Survive Season 2 is out now on Netflix.

Good job I've got nothing on this weekend, can binge on that.

All I need now is Sunderland til I Die season 2 and I'm well and truly sorted.

• Options

Drive to Survive Season 2 is out now on Netflix.

Good job I've got nothing on this weekend, can binge on that.

All I need now is Sunderland til I Die season 2 and I'm well and truly sorted.

Cracking series.
  • Options
    Hopefully Williams can have a much better season this year, and keep improving in the future. 
  • Options

It was really interesting seeing that in testing this morning. It certainly had the paddock talking.
    Did I see that the FIA decided it was legal, so they would make it illegal next year. I thought F1 was supposed to innovate.  

I can only assume Ferrari couldn’t figure out how it
  • Options

Did I see that the FIA decided it was legal, so they would make it illegal next year. I thought F1 was supposed to innovate.  

I can only assume Ferrari couldn’t figure out how it
    I think it is illegal under the new regs for next year that have, I think, already been finalized. Not a case of changing those regs specifically to outlaw it. 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Speaking about Ferrari - another total farce how they have clearly just got away with cheating last year. FIA announce that after investigations into their engine which strangely just gained 50hp overnight........

”A settlement has been reached with the team which shall remain confidential”

So no transparency into the investigation and no explanation for the other teams. If there was no issue then there would be no need for a private settlement.

Makes FIFA look honest 
  • Options
    It the Mercedes steering innovation works, I doubt it will give them increased pace, but may make a difference with tyre wear. How much difference remains to be seen, but most races are won and lost around tyres so it has the potential to be massive if the advantage is significant.
  • Options
    Speaking about Ferrari - another total farce how they have clearly just got away with cheating last year. FIA announce that after investigations into their engine which strangely just gained 50hp overnight........

So no transparency into the investigation and no explanation for the other teams. If there was no issue then there would be no need for a private settlement.

Makes FIFA look honest 
    They’re not known as Ferrari International Assistance for nothing 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Makes FIFA look honest

Don't think that we've heard the last about this. The other teams are clearly unhappy with the outcome.
    If it was any other team then the punishment (if there is actually any) would be more severe and the details of that punishment and the offence made public. Same old story with Ferrari. 
  • Options
    Anybody playing F1 fantasy and got a league I can join?
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/51736247

It was always going to kick off. All the non Ferrari teams now considering legal action. Ferrari International Assistance have been getting away with it for too long now (hell Ferrari get given money just to compete in the sport!).

I am interested to see where this goes.
  • Options
    Anybody playing F1 fantasy and got a league I can join?
    Got one for the first time but not joined a league, will set up a CL one this evening and hopefully a few more will join
  • Options
    Ferrari International Assistance to the rescue...
  • Options
    https://fantasy.formula1.com/

Charlton Life league code: 323b46334a
  • Options
    There is a general principal at stake regarding Ferrari, but also one that will have affected the smaller teams. If Ferrari were disqualified from certain races, how would that affect the points for those teams? Financially this could have a massive impact on them. 
  • Options

Nice one, will sign up to this tonight.

Like yourself, this is my first ever crack at this so I'm not sure how it works or what to expect.

• Options

Joined.
    Have Verstappen and Redbull as my main players with Perez as Turbo driver.
  • Options
    I'm in, I havent learnt from last season in that I haven't put a big money driver in but oh well