Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Chance of a podium for Lando Norris
  • Options
    Well the F1 gods have given Vettel a point here havent they
  • Options
    So if Norris can stay within five seconds of Hamilton he'll pinch third
  • Options
    Chance of a podium for Lando Norris
    Get in, fantastic for him
  • Options
    YES NORRIS!!! 
  • Options
    Buzzing for Lando 
  • Options
    What a final lap for the lad
  • Options
    Lando Norris

The fastest lap of the race when needed it the most
  • Options
    Much as I do like Lewis, delighted for Lando!!
  • Options
    This season is going to be even worse than last. Can’t see how Mercedes don’t 1-2 every race. 
    I take it all back
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "I dont want to celebrate too much"

Why the hell not Lando?? 
  • Options
    Is Jenson Button part of the SKY team for F1 this season or is he just the nominated person to do the interviews this week? 
  • Options
    "Fudged it up"!
  • Options
    Second time in 3 races Hamilton has cost Albon, a 5 second time penalty is nothing compared to being punted into the gravel, so glad Norris pulled that fastest lap out to poke Hamilton off the podium. Not sure I've seen a podium with 3 entirely likeable guys all on it together before
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Second time in 3 races Hamilton has cost Albon, a 5 second time penalty is nothing compared to being punted into the gravel, so glad Norris pulled that fastest lap out to poke Hamilton off the podium. Not sure I've seen a podium with 3 entirely likeable guys all on it together before
    Love Hamilton to bits and he’s English......obviously means little or nothing to you?😏
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Love Hamilton to bits and he’s English......obviously means little or nothing to you?😏
    So is Albon and so is Norris?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    It was a bad decision by Albon to try to overtake there. With his soft tyres against two sets of old hard tyres on the Mercedes, the race was there for the taking. He needs to learn to be patient, as there was plenty of time left to overtake Hamilton and then Bottas. 
    I thought that the 5 second penalty was a bit harsh, as Albon was barely ahead halfway through the corner and Lewis just under-steered into him, accidentally. There was no malice or intention. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Isnt Albon Thai? 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Isnt Albon Thai? 
    Thai british yeah
  • Options
    Hamilton being English means absolutely sod all to me mate, he's a thoroughly unlikeable person from his fake humble attitude to his bizarre insistence on painting himself as some kind of tree hugging vegan only planet lover when for the first 8 years of his career all he done was fly to and fro across the world going to lavish parties, in between driving a petrol car at vast speeds. 

Anyway, great race, hope McLaren can really push on and join the top teams, Norris and Sainz are very exciting, and also glad the pink Mercedes W10 wasn't quite as fast as expected, copycat cars being the way forward would be of detriment to the entirety of F1 IMO
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Isnt Albon Thai? 

sam3110 said:
    Isnt Albon Thai?

English/Thai but drives under the Thai flag.

George Russell is also English and could possibly have been in the points today if his car hadn't given up on him. 
  • Options
    Meant to ask this earlier but Albon would surely be the first Asian winner of a GP wouldnt he? - Cant think of many others from that continent driving in one of the best cars

Of course you've had a few Japanese drivers of late but they've mostly been in the middle of the pack 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Hamilton being English means absolutely sod all to me mate, he's a thoroughly unlikeable person from his fake humble attitude to his bizarre insistence on painting himself as some kind of tree hugging vegan only planet lover when for the first 8 years of his career all he done was fly to and fro across the world going to lavish parties, in between driving a petrol car at vast speeds. 

Anyway, great race, hope McLaren can really push on and join the top teams, Norris and Sainz are very exciting, and also glad the pink Mercedes W10 wasn't quite as fast as expected, copycat cars being the way forward would be of detriment to the entirety of F1 IMO
    To The Tower with yea.....foul heretic!
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    sam3110 said:

He was also moaning recently about certain brands in the current climate whilst ignoring the roles that both Mercedes Benz and Hugo Boss (he's modelled for them) played in supporting the Nazis

He's simply had a typical celebrity approach towards things whilst conveniently forgetting the people that he represents

Got no issues with him as an F1 driver but would prefer it sometimes if he just focused on that
  • Options
    Glovepup said:
    Love that.
    Looking forward to following his career over the next 10/15 years. In the right car there's a World Champion of the future. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    It was a bad decision by Albon to try to overtake there. With his soft tyres against two sets of old hard tyres on the Mercedes, the race was there for the taking. He needs to learn to be patient, as there was plenty of time left to overtake Hamilton and then Bottas. 
    I thought that the 5 second penalty was a bit harsh, as Albon was barely ahead halfway through the corner and Lewis just under-steered into him, accidentally. There was no malice or intention. 
    Having watched the footage from onboard as well as the live a few times now, I think Lewis has created some plausible deniability for himself there. Sure, you can argue he understeered a little, and you can say he was holding his line as best he could, but when a driver is as supremely talented as he is, I think he did Albon a bit dirty and "allowed" his car to take the line it did. Alex was past and had more speed. Probably 8 times out of 10 he makes that move with no issue, but Lewis scuppers his chance at a first podium again. And Brundle's bias toward Lewis is evident on the commentary, too - imagine if that had been Vettel who caused that.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Having watched the footage from onboard as well as the live a few times now, I think Lewis has created some plausible deniability for himself there. Sure, you can argue he understeered a little, and you can say he was holding his line as best he could, but when a driver is as supremely talented as he is, I think he did Albon a bit dirty and "allowed" his car to take the line it did. Alex was past and had more speed. Probably 8 times out of 10 he makes that move with no issue, but Lewis scuppers his chance at a first podium again. And Brundle's bias toward Lewis is evident on the commentary, too - imagine if that had been Vettel who caused that.
    I look at each incident on its own merits and without bias. At Brazil Lewis was 100% in the wrong and deserved a penalty. Today, I don't think that he did anything untoward and IMO did not deserve a penalty.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    sam3110 said:
    I look at each incident on its own merits and without bias. At Brazil Lewis was 100% in the wrong and deserved a penalty. Today, I don't think that he did anything untoward and IMO did not deserve a penalty.
    Didn't leave a cars width to the car that was ahead of him at the time (ahead is defined by the front wheels of a car being no more than level with the cockpit of the other car) so 100% a penalty, and the only situations that it isn't a penalty is if there's a car that prevents Lewis from going anywhere else (there was no one on the inside) or if he had lost control of the car due to a mechanical issue etc
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Didn't leave a cars width to the car that was ahead of him at the time (ahead is defined by the front wheels of a car being no more than level with the cockpit of the other car) so 100% a penalty, and the only situations that it isn't a penalty is if there's a car that prevents Lewis from going anywhere else (there was no one on the inside) or if he had lost control of the car due to a mechanical issue etc
    As ever - I speak to my son who (even at age 12) is a top 5 racing driver in the Uk for his age.

His instantaneous argument to me was that as soon as you try and go round the outside on your head be it.

Essentially as long as the inside driver doesn’t steer to the left (like Rosberg did in Austria to Hamilton a few years ago) he can’t see what else Hamilton can do. Especially as there’s a cars width.

I always tell my lad if you want to try it round the outside you are always taking a big risk.

albon will be kicking himself tonight