Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Mention for George Russell too, looking like a real star in the making. 
    Think he'll be in the Mercedes for 2022, probably one more year for Bottas 
  • Options
    British F1 looks strong moving forward with Lando and George both looking like potential forces in the next few years.
  • Options
    Mercedes working flat out to regain quite a bit of lost performance that they have no idea about, didn’t really show today because of the rain but data shows something is up , if it’s dry tomorrow & they can’t work things out it will be interesting 
  • Options
    Mercedes working flat out to regain quite a bit of lost performance that they have no idea about, didn’t really show today because of the rain but data shows something is up , if it’s dry tomorrow & they can’t work things out it will be interesting 
    So you’re saying Hamilton’s lap wasn’t even in the fastest car? Even more impressive if true. 
  • Options
    So you’re saying Hamilton’s lap wasn’t even in the fastest car? Even more impressive if true. 
    Not necessarily not the fastest car they just lost a big chunk of pace from last weekend without any obvious reason 
  • Options
    Ahh poor vettel
  • Options
    Lol at Ferrari.

• Options
    Ferrari having a nightmare .... that one was firmly on Leclerc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lando got a bit of a perfect storm of circumstances there, but fair play to him. 
    The way he took those three places in the last lap and a half was quality.
  • Options
    British Formula One is in safe hands when Lewis calls it a day. Norris is a megastar - can take on Verstappen and Leclerc if he has the machinery in years to come 
    Norris is a great lad hope things work for him , it’s been a great day here & a real eye opener on what goes on behind the scenes on race day , I’ve been here b4 when it was Honda & brawn but 1st time race day.
    in reception they have 15k of airport temperature scanners to get everyone coming in , they are switched off & redundant as every time the auto doors open it sets them off because of the temp outside!!
  • Options
    British Formula One is in safe hands when Lewis calls it a day. Norris is a megastar - can take on Verstappen and Leclerc if he has the machinery in years to come 
    Look forward to see what they can do next season with that Mercedes PU in the back. 

2 fantastic drives from Lando so far this season.
  • Options
    I’m watching today from Mercedes Brackley factory & it’s fascinating how much work goes on over here during a race & never heard such a collective laugh when both Ferrari’s dropped out , out for a smoke & have to sign phone in/out each time even as a guest  
    Out of curiosity what sort of work? There was a collective laugh in our house too!
  • Options
    I’m watching today from Mercedes Brackley factory & it’s fascinating how much work goes on over here during a race & never heard such a collective laugh when both Ferrari’s dropped out , out for a smoke & have to sign phone in/out each time even as a guest  
    Out of curiosity what sort of work? There was a collective laugh in our house too!
    From the look of it every piece of data was being analysed and sent through to the track there seemed to be a constant buzz of activity, I was behind a glass wall so just saw a bunch of guys in front of monitors & couldn’t hear anything & all I could see on the monitors in view was a weather forecast & random numbers.
    Great screen to watch it on though & the hospitality was good considering the GP was hundreds of miles away.
    I came when it was Honda & it was a nice HQ but Mercedes have taken it to another level.
  • Options
    From the look of it every piece of data was being analysed and sent through to the track there seemed to be a constant buzz of activity, I was behind a glass wall so just saw a bunch of guys in front of monitors & couldn’t hear anything & all I could see on the monitors in view was a weather forecast & random numbers.
    Great screen to watch it on though & the hospitality was good considering the GP was hundreds of miles away.
    I came when it was Honda & it was a nice HQ but Mercedes have taken it to another level.
    Cheers mate. Fascinating insight; I would never imagine that anything else goes on other than trackside. Rather indicative of why Mercedes are top.
  • Options
    Cheers mate. Fascinating insight; I would never imagine that anything else goes on other than trackside. Rather indicative of why Mercedes are top.
    Me neither it gets sent from the track back to Brackley then analysed & sent back in a blink of an eye , had a look at the wind tunnel too & that’s a serious bit of kit but not allowed to touch anything & they would not let me on the simulator despite numerous requests the more beers I had.
  • Options
    Wasn't it racing point that questioned Renault in Japan and got them disqualified? Bit of fit for tat here I reckon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lando's final two laps https://streamable.com/f1vfsq

• Options
    Glovepup said:

Who says men can't multi task?

Good job my missus doesn't say to me "Scenario 8, single press overtake" when I'm working that hard.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Glovepup said:

Who says men can't multi task?

Good job my missus doesn't say to me "Scenario 8, single press overtake" when I'm working that hard.
    She says it to me 😎
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Wasn't it racing point that questioned Renault in Japan and got them disqualified? Bit of fit for tat here I reckon
    Definitely, it's very petty from Renault and Cyril , can't see this succeeding as the FIA have already cleared Racing Point 
  • Options
    Great start to proceedings for Max today
  • Options
    Great start to proceedings for Max today
    Outstanding start though 
  • Options
    About as boring as it gets.
    I enjoy formula one when it's competitive. 
    This was not
  • Options
    About as boring as it gets.
    I enjoy formula one when it's competitive. 
    This was not
    Again, it’s very easy to say “Eurgh, it’s boring” but the winner of the race is not the only thing happening. 
    The general tactics are fascinating. Bottas v Verstappen had potential, but Bottas ran out of time. The management of the Haas cars was an interesting development for a team that had no chance of a podium. The upper midfield could be really interesting this year too, with apparently very little to choose between the Ferraris, Maclarens and Racing Points.

Yes, the Mercedes looks light years ahead of everyone else, so on the assumption that Hamilton will walk away with it, why not follow some of the drivers further down the field? There’s no point denying yourself enjoyment by forcing yourself to watch the part of the race that you find the least interesting!
    If you want to follow the brits, Norris and Russell are having interesting seasons already - not positive for these two today, but real promise and potential to be great drivers in the future.

• Options
    I was lucky enough to visit Brackley a couple of years ago when I still worked for Mercedes and they explained to us that everything that happens on the cars, the pit wall and the on-site engineers is replicated in Brackley, recorded and analysed. Any information/tactical recommendations can then be beamed track-side in a flash.
    Did you get to see the suspension testing rig that can replicate a whole season’s racing on a suspension set-up in less than 12 hours. That was incredible to see in action,