Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Wow is Hamilton going to miss Q3? 
    He'll have time to get round. Should be fine. 
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Be great if he doesnt if others get in his way... Already the current grid positions would make for a great race tomorrow
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Be great if he doesnt if others get in his way... Already the current grid positions would make for a great race tomorrow
    Well, now it could be trickier with all those cars there. 
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    cafcpolo said:
    Well, now it could be trickier with all those cars there. 
    Yeah dont know why he didnt ensure he was at the front of that queue!! 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    JEEEEEZ... Hamilton made the lap at the death then!!

Jammy bugger!!! 
  • Options
    Just watched it, certainly had a lot of excitement. Gutted for Russell though. 

I’ve been at Lydden Hill all day for a classic car race day. Never been there before, was a cracking days racing

Pretty sure that's my mate in his Lotus Cortina.

He currently has it up for sale for 65k  :o
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Just watched it, certainly had a lot of excitement. Gutted for Russell though. 

I’ve been at Lydden Hill all day for a classic car race day. Never been there before, was a cracking days racing

Pretty sure that's my mate in his Lotus Cortina.

He currently has it up for sale for 65k  :o
    Roy Alderslade or Gerry Buggy
  • Options
    He's called Ted Small.
  • Options
    This is Bottas' best track so I suspect Hamilton will be pleased to be pole. He reckons he is starting on the wrong tyre though, which might make the race more interesting. The start could be important as the soft tyre Hamilton is on should mean he is quick off the line. If he is in front after the start and can frustrate those behind him, he could get a share of that record.
  • Options
    Its a hard race to call. If Hamilton can survive the start, he has a chance, but starting on softs puts him at a serious disadvantage, considering they have been going off so quickly.
    He needs to at least open up a bit of a gap to have a chance. Either that or another safety car/red flag situation to work in his favour.
    Essentially, if he gets beaten off the line, he’ll need a miracle to win, but this is Hamilton and he’s very very good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its a hard race to call. If Hamilton can survive the start, he has a chance, but starting on softs puts him at a serious disadvantage, considering they have been going off so quickly.
    He needs to at least open up a bit of a gap to have a chance. Either that or another safety car/red flag situation to work in his favour.
    Essentially, if he gets beaten off the line, he’ll need a miracle to win, but this is Hamilton and he’s very very good.
    He always has a chance with Grosjean in the race 

😎
  • Options
    Hamilton's best tactic is probably to use the fact it is difficult to overtake on the circuit if he gets ahead and make the tyres last into a one stop race at the same time. Not easy, but as Lord Romford says, he is good at it.

That or get enough of a gap so that he doesn't have too many in front of him when he pits early.
  • Options
    Christ!!... This is the 500th GP since Schumacher's first win

Him and Hamilton have won 1 in every 3 races since then
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    That is an amazing fact. It is great when there is less dominance but we have to acknowledge that these two are the greatest drivers of the modern era. When Hamilton does retire, there is Verstappen waiting in the wings to limit the spread of victories.
  • Options
    Jeez. Grosjean really is dreadful. He very nearly gave Lewis the safety car he needs there. Vettel was always getting past him. There’s being aggressive and competitive, but then there’s being stupid. Grosjean too often does something stupid.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Jeez. Grosjean really is dreadful. He very nearly gave Lewis the safety car he needs there. Vettel was always getting past him. There’s being aggressive and competitive, but then there’s being stupid. Grosjean too often does something stupid.
    Unfortunately this circuit has been very predictable today - Been spoilt with the last two Grand Prix's in Italy though 
  • Options
    Shame that LH got 10s and not 5s. Would have made it a lot more interesting. 
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Yeah, maybe so. His own fault though. 
    The thing is, after the closed pit lane situation in Italy and now this, Hamilton gives the impression that he doesn’t fully know the rules. On both occasions, he’s sat in his car bitching about being hard done by when he should have been concentrating on driving.  He’s a great driver, but he does have a bit of a blind spot there.
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    The thing is, after the closed pit lane situation in Italy and now this, Hamilton gives the impression that he doesn’t fully know the rules. On both occasions, he’s sat in his car bitching about being hard done by when he should have been concentrating on driving.  He’s a great driver, but he does have a bit of a blind spot there.
    Danny Riccardo's response on the other hand to his time penalty was just brilliant!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bottas showing why a lot of people don’t like him there. Wins through nothing but a Lewis mistake and mouths off. 
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Danny Riccardo's response on the other hand to his time penalty was just brilliant!!
    Agreed. 
    A bit of an unpopular opinion this, but I don’t really like Ricciardo - can’t put my finger on why - I think he just comes across as a bit of an annoying prick.
    HOWEVER - yes, he held his hands up, laughed it off and dealt with it. Fair play.
  • Options
    Bottas showing why a lot of people don’t like him there. Wins through nothing but a Lewis mistake and mouths off. 
    I don’t know. I think people are a bit ‘meh’ about him. He’s just not very interesting. 
    He’s not a brilliant driver, but he’s good enough to be at the top table. I think he’s just a bit frustrated that he’s pretty much overlooked when people talk about the top drivers. The trouble is, Hamilton and Verstappen are both so obviously better than him.
    My biggest issue with Bottas is that he’s done nothing to break the stereotype that Finnish drivers lack personality.
  • Options
    What I did enjoy albeit briefly today was the racing at the back between Norris | Albon | Russell

Have seen a few videos of those three doing the usual PR work and they seem to get on great

Not to mention Norris' brief defending against Gasly and Albon towards the end
  • Options
    What I did enjoy albeit briefly today was the racing at the back between Norris | Albon | Russell

Have seen a few videos of those three doing the usual PR work and they seem to get on great

Absolutely. Good stuff. There’s almost always something going on in the midfield or the back. And Norris/Russell are of course the immediate future of British f1.
  • Options

Absolutely. Good stuff. There’s almost always something going on in the midfield or the back. And Norris/Russell are of course the immediate future of British f1.
    Yeah not sure what to make of Albon, got a feeling he wont be in F1 long term

Do you know much about Callum Illott in F2?

Read an article the other day about the potential seats that'll be taken with him and Schumacher the two mentioned as being the potential two to make the step up if anyone
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Read an article the other day about the potential seats that'll be taken with him and Schumacher the two mentioned as being the potential two to make the step up if anyone
    Hmmm. Don’t know an enormous amount about him, so not too sure about Ilott. 
    He’s obviously good, and probably has a future in f1, but from what I have seen and read, he strikes me as being a career midfielder or number two, if you get my drift? 
    Seems to me that Russell and Norris have the potential to challenge at the very top, but Ilott could be a decent lower profile, Johnny Herbert or Anthony Davidson type driver.

PS Mick Schumacher is a ‘Schu-in’ (apologies for the pun) to get a decent drive in the near future. Taking nothing away from his driving - because he’s very good - but his name alone is a marketer’s dream, and any team would see value in that.

• Options

He’s obviously good, and probably has a future in f1, but from what I have seen and read, he strikes me as being a career midfielder or number two, if you get my drift? 
    Seems to me that Russell and Norris have the potential to challenge at the very top, but Ilott could be a decent lower profile, Johnny Herbert or Anthony Davidson type driver.

Last thing that I'll mention about Russell, was disappointed his start off the line got ignored by the commentators

Might have been because he got swallowed up a bit what with the incidents but looked to me as though he'd got himself into the top ten
  • Options

Last thing that I'll mention about Russell, was disappointed his start off the line got ignored by the commentators

Might have been because he got swallowed up a bit what with the incidents but looked to me as though he'd got himself into the top ten
    Yeah. I’m desperate for him to get a points finish this year. He deserves it.
  • Options
    Would be staggered if Haas keep Grosjean with Hulkenburg and Perez in the market.