Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Lewis Hamilton matches Michael Schumachers record. Historic day - which will be beaten when he no doubt moves ahead this season.

And dare I say - achieved minus Schumachers blatant cheating and ramming off of rivals 
  • Options
    As a spectator watching at home I have to say that race was as boring as fuck
  • Options
    Hard luck on Bottas and Norris. Well done Lewis. Excellent from Hulkenberg to get points less than 36 hours after finding out he’d be racing. Terrible he’s not got a full time drive when you look at some of the other dross currently racing. Albon embarrassing himself a bit at the moment. 
  • Options
    Not a fan of F1 then? 
  • Options
    I do question if Red Bull keep Albon or not for next season, they might have to look outside their programme for no2 for the main team because I don't think Gasly wants that seat again and Kyvat will be out the door for Tsunoda . 
  • Options
    Not a fan of F1 then? 
    I am at times but this was not good entertainment 
  • Options
    Seeing Norris and Bottas get roundly done over by mechanical problems was really not fun. I do enjoy my F1 but when the outcome of the season is so apparent so early, it does lose a bit of the thrill.

Hulkenberg, though - what a drive. Absolutely quality.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I do question if Red Bull keep Albon or not for next season, they might have to look outside their programme for no2 for the main team because I don't think Gasly wants that seat again and Kyvat will be out the door for Tsunoda . 
    Hulkenberg must be a good shout for the no.2 seat now.
  • Options
    Not a fan of F1 then? 
    It was better than a lot of races. I thought that there was decent racing throughout the field if not too much towards the front. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a fan of F1 then? 
    It was better than a lot of races. I thought that there was decent racing throughout the field if not too much towards the front. 
    The fact that you say It was better than a lot of races somewhat proves my point. 

• Options
    I really enjoyed the race. Plenty of incident and overtaking, and some crazy corners and chicanes. Great drive by Hulkenburg in the circumstances. Shame about George and Lando.
  • Options
    I also really enjoyed the race today, I’ve been on and off watching F1 over the years but been getting back in to it this year. I think a key to enjoying it that a more ‘casual’ viewer might not do is not just focusing on the battle for the lead, when you do you miss the 18 other battles in the race. Hulk’s drive today was fantastic and fun to see develop in itself. Ultimately it’s probably unlikely we’ll see much change in the lead cars till the legislation change after next season, but until then the driver changes at the end of this season will be very interesting. I think Albon will be out of a job and surely Hulk has a chance of replacing him. 
  • Options
    Not a fan of F1 then? 
    The fact that you say It was better than a lot of races somewhat proves my point. 

Far from it. It just proves that you don't really appreciate F1. 
  • Options
    I really enjoyed the race. Plenty of incident and overtaking, and some crazy corners and chicanes. Great drive by Hulkenburg in the circumstances. Shame about George and Lando.
    Lando deserved better than a dnf. 
    I thought that Albon's comment about the Alpha Tauri drivers was embarrassing. His drive today was his worst so far. If he doesn't buck his ideas up he'll be out of F1 soon, which will be a shame. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Hulkenburg would be absolutely ideal , solid points scorer who could be a nice rear gunner for Max 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Addickted said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Hulkenburg would be absolutely ideal , solid points scorer who could be a nice rear gunner for Max 
    I would like to see them step outside of the junior programme because outside of Max the talent just isn’t there at the moment.

Hulkenberg would be solid .... I would like to see George Russell given a chance but ironically I think he will end up alongside Max anyway in 2022.

At Mercedes. Hamilton will win title 8 next year and that will be enough for him.
  • Options
    Did I read somewhere that Ilott was part of the RBR program and they dropped him? And FDA hoovered him up
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Did I read somewhere that Ilott was part of the RBR program and they dropped him? And FDA hoovered him up
    https://www.pitpass.com/60430/Ilott-is-first-British-driver-to-join-FDA
  • Options
    I thought that Albon's comment about the Alpha Tauri drivers was embarrassing. His drive today was his worst so far. If he doesn't buck his ideas up he'll be out of F1 soon, which will be a shame. 
    What did Albon say about Alpha Tauri? I must’ve missed that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What did Albon say about Alpha Tauri? I must’ve missed that. 
    He moaned about Gasly racing him hard when he was struggling to get by at one stage
  • Options
    Gasly would be a front runner for the Red Bull seat if it were not for Verstappen blowing him away when he had it previously! Albon needs to be viewed in this context. Ideally you get somebody in to replace him who is closer to Verstappen, but outside of Hamilton, who is that?
  • Options
    I question if Red Bull want a genuine challenger to Max in the second car or if they'd rather just have someone that keeps their nose clean and picks up solid points with the odd podium if the rest hit issues.

I do wonder if they'd look at Perez too, Haas is hardly an attractive option . 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    MarcusH26 said:
    I question if Red Bull want a genuine challenger to Max in the second car or if they'd rather just have someone that keeps their nose clean and picks up solid points with the odd podium if the rest hit issues.

I do wonder if they'd look at Perez too, Haas is hardly an attractive option . 
    To be honest, I would view it from that perspective if I owned a team and had a great driver. When Hamilton came on the scene, he and Alonso fought each other out of points that allowed somebody else in. I would want a driver like Bottas. Good enough to come second often, win the odd race but also somebody who knows he is fortunate to be with the team and behaves accordingly.

Two great drivers in the same team, often goes wrong. Look at how messy Senna v Prost was.
  • Options
    Both Magnusson and Grosjean are leaving Haas at the end of the season

Callum Illott along with Hulkenburg or Perez for the other seat?
  • Options
    I doubt we will be seeing Haas for too much longer
  • Options
    Perez and Schumi Jr I reckon, remember Leclerc took part in practice for Haas then signed for Sauber, all Ferrari do is put them in a Ferrari powered car, they don't care which one so much. Perez will be a good marketing tool, a Mexican in a North American team, he gets a lot of support in Austin as well as his home race. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Perez and Schumi Jr I reckon, remember Leclerc took part in practice for Haas then signed for Sauber, all Ferrari do is put them in a Ferrari powered car, they don't care which one so much. Perez will be a good marketing tool, a Mexican in a North American team, he gets a lot of support in Austin as well as his home race. 
    Is there an opening at Alfa? Ilott was testing for Haas, and MSC for Alfa so wondering if the aim was to move into the seats of the respective cars.
  • Options
    I don't think Ilott will get a seat yet, he'll stay in F2 for another season and duke it out with Shwartzman and Tsunoda. Alfa might get rid of Giovinazzi, but I think Kimi will stay one more year. Hulk will get a seat somewhere, it's a case of where he and Perez end up, and what Ferrari powered seat they stick Schumi Jr in
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Is there an opening at Alfa? Ilott was testing for Haas, and MSC for Alfa so wondering if the aim was to move into the seats of the respective cars.
    Yeah thats how I see it happening
    sam3110 said:
    I don't think Ilott will get a seat yet, he'll stay in F2 for another season and duke it out with Shwartzman and Tsunoda. Alfa might get rid of Giovinazzi, but I think Kimi will stay one more year. Hulk will get a seat somewhere, it's a case of where he and Perez end up, and what Ferrari powered seat they stick Schumi Jr in
    Kimi has already been confirmed by Alfa for next year