Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    CMON RUSSELL!!!! 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    CMON RUSSELL!!!! 
    NOOOOOOOOO

Oh that was heartbreaking seeing him sitting at the side of the track, proper Mika moment almost... Wouldnt have been surprised had Kimi caught him though even if he had stayed in the race
  • Options
    Gutted for him. 
  • Options
    So disappointed about Russell. Driver error too, so we can’t blame the car. Hopefully he’ll come back from this a stronger character, better driver.
  • Options
    Albon really didnt need that with his future in question 
  • Options
    Russell had the realisation of what he did when sat down, he will learn from it.

Albon, think he is done sadly.
  • Options
    Hate to say it... But with Albon spinning; Russell would surely have been guaranteed one, even two Championship points
  • Options
    Hate to say it... But with Albon spinning; Russell would surely have been guaranteed one, even two Championship points
    Yep. Gutting isn’t it?
  • Options
    His days at RB have got to be numbered. 
  • Options
    His days at RB have got to be numbered. 

Felt quite a symbolic moment, being passed by Perez. May have been the moment that Albon lost his seat at Red Bull to Perez as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perez and Verstappen would be really exciting - certainly the first meaningful completion MV has had since Ricciardo left 
  • Options
    Kvyat's drive didn't do Albon any favours either. Best he can hope for now is a seat back at Alpha Tauri and that's far from a certainty right now either.

Would love to see Perez at Red Bull. He's always had promise as a driver and is now very experienced and consistent, He'd lose to Verstappen over the course of a season, particularly in qualifying, but he's reliable in races and will have a few really good weekends in a year. He'd be to Verstappen what Bottas is to Hamilton and it should help keep Mercedes more honest each weekend making the race at the front a little less of a forgone conclusion.
  • Options
    Perez would be a great choice for Red Bull , probably gets a podium today without a botched strategy call from Racing Point. 

I don't really see any way Albon stays in the sport, unless he's going to be test/reserve instead of Buemi. 

Found it very interesting how bar that lightning start from Sainz in Portimao that McLaren have gone a bit off the boil , unless they can't upgrade that much because of the impending switch to Mercedes power. They're very much behind Ricciardo , Racing Point and even the Alphatauris .
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Bottas is a top driver, just not as good as Hamilton. he was unlucky yesterday to be fair. I don't expect him to be happy about being beaten nearly every week, and if he was, he probably wouldn't be driving for Mercedes and second in the Championship.
  • Options
    Should be an interesting qualifying session this afternoon. The new track is very slippery plus it’s very wet. Verstappen spun twice already on his first out lap.
  • Options
    I can see the race being cancelled tomorrow. Conditions are awful and they’ve already red flagged Q1 twice, plus more rain forecast for tomorrow.

Would mean Lewis wind the WC but doubt he’d want to win it like that.

• Options
    I’ve gone on record saying I’m not convinced by Lance Stroll, but fair play to him there.
  • Options
    The shit he gets for having a rich dad.

Lots of variables at play here but all I will say is you need two things to make it in F1:

1) Money
    2) AND Talent.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Bloody nora... What is Stroll doing up there!!

Great to see Albon out qualifying Verstappen that'll do his confidence a world of good
  • Options

Great to see Albon out qualifying Verstappen that'll do his confidence a world of good
    He was 4th. Max 2nd
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He was 4th. Max 2nd
    Sorry my bad, confused Verstappen with Vettel

Still god to see Albon producing a performance in Qually though
  • Options
    Glad for Stroll, taking a pole in F1 in a car that, whilst quick, is still no match for a Mercedes or Red Bull, in tricky and variable conditions, on a new circuit is a very fine achievement indeed. Let's not forget he's also had 2 podiums already in his career, and whilst his dad is very rich and owns the team he races in, he clearly has enough talent to take advantage of these opportunities. 

Just goes to show though that F1 is much more fun in tricky conditions, Bernie might be mad, but his idea of sprinklers on the circuits to liven things up doesn't seem so crazy when you get results like this
  • Options
    The shit he gets for having a rich dad.

Lots of variables at play here but all I will say is you need two things to make it in F1:

1) Money
    2) AND Talent.
    To be fair, I’ve criticised him for not being that good a driver, not for having a rich dad. 
    Also, he’s known for being decent in the wet, and we haven’t had many opportunities to see that this year, so he’s stepped up to the plate well today to demonstrate those skills.

Admittedly, the decision by Racing Point to keep him over Perez next year looked suspect, raised some eyebrows and a lot of people jumped on that as an opportunity to bash him, but they wouldn’t have done that if he was a better driver than Perez. Which he was today, but isn’t in general.
    At the end of the day, he did well today. He’s obviously got talent and he’s clearly good in the wet. But I stand by my previous assessment: He’s not all that.

• Options
    Stroll under investigation for a yellow flag incident. Would be gutted for him if he loses pole over that
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Glad for Stroll, taking a pole in F1 in a car that, whilst quick, is still no match for a Mercedes or Red Bull, in tricky and variable conditions, on a new circuit is a very fine achievement indeed. Let's not forget he's also had 2 podiums already in his career, and whilst his dad is very rich and owns the team he races in, he clearly has enough talent to take advantage of these opportunities. 

Just goes to show though that F1 is much more fun in tricky conditions, Bernie might be mad, but his idea of sprinklers on the circuits to liven things up doesn't seem so crazy when you get results like this
    Sprinklers on the tracks and vol-au-vents in the boardroom. Visionary.
  • Options
    Verstappen is going to be one of the all time greats, but that was a reminder of how young he still is. Silly, impatient move and he’s lucky he didn’t end his race right there.
  • Options
    Verstappen is going to be one of the all time greats, but that was a reminder of how young he still is. Silly, impatient move and he’s lucky he didn’t end his race right there.
    Surprised we’re halfway through and only one driver down.

Really enjoying this one.
  • Options
    I’m all over this race , action 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Got a feeling Stroll's win has gone here... Track is drying at the wrong time - Oh this is cruel on Lance, dont like how he's got his seat but he's driven so well this weekend 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Got a feeling Stroll's win has gone here... Track is drying at the wrong time - Oh this is cruel on Lance, dont like how he's got his seat but he's driven so well this weekend 
    He’s also not doing himself any favours with some of his moves here. That whole period with Vettel, Leclerc, Albon and Sainz - he was driving like his car is vastly superior to the others, when it obviously isn’t. Maybe got a bit carried away by the hype of his qualifying success. He was lunging in and trying to make moves where if you don’t overtake, you get overtaken. Silly.