Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    One thing about Hamilton is that this race has demonstrated how good he is. The usual critical complaints about his car being so much better than the rest simply wasn’t true today - the track and the weather was a great leveller- but he’s still ended up destroying everyone else. The difference was he did a lot of the hard work from the midfield today. Driving 50 laps on one set of inters too. Astounding talent.
    Yup... Was just about to say similar

His last two wins have shown how good he is tactically, and that's all whilst driving at 200mph!!
  • Options
    Fucking get in!! 7 times WC with a win. 
  • Options
    Might be a bit harsh but did Perez do much?

Looked after his tyres yes but didnt even really challenge anyone in the race... Really should have won with Stroll screwing up
  • Options
    Hamilton in tears.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As someone who’s as much a fan of F1 as football, this is very, very special for me.

After watching Hunt win in ‘76 it was a long wait to see another Brit WC when Mansell won in ‘92.

Never, ever thought I’d see another Brit be this successful, it’s unbelievable.

Can’t wait for Silverstone next year.
    I’ve always found it amazing that, despite Britain having more World Champions than any other country, no British driver had successfully defended his title until Lewis Hamilton in 2015.
    He’s now done it 4 times.
  • Options
    Why did they pit Stroll ?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Why did they pit Stroll ?
    His tyres were shot 
  • Options
    That's got to be up there with Lewis's best wins , an absolutely sensational drive and fitting that it clinched the title. 
  • Options
    He is not immediately likeable, or at least comes across in the media that way. 

There is no denying that he is a champion and one of our greatest sportsmen ever.

He needs the recognition of a knighthood.

• Options
    I can’t work out why he’s not liked either , has he been flash or something that people thrive off through jealousy ...
    no idea why he’s isn’t heralded for the legend that he is 
  • Options
    GOAT
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He should have won it in his debut season 
  • Options
    Good for him. Great driver.
  • Options
    I can’t work out why he’s not liked either , has he been flash or something that people thrive off through jealousy ...
    no idea why he’s isn’t heralded for the legend that he is 
    For me he's part of the Celebrity do as I say, rather than do as I do culture

As a Sportsman he's one of the very best and heavily respect him for what he can do behind the wheel of fairly fast vehicle
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    He should have won it in his debut season 
    To be fair he threw it away himself that year... e.g. China
  • Options

There is no denying that he is a champion and one of our greatest sportsmen ever.

Genuine question. What is it you find unlikeable about him?
  • Options
    Feel for Lance Stroll, looked to me like he somehow got a bad set of tyres. The win always looked unlikely if the rain held off and the track slowly dried, but the rate he went backwards, having driven very well in wetter conditions at the start, albeit he made a few bad decisions with overtakes, it looked like more than just his driving ability that slowed him down. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Genuine question. What is it you find unlikeable about him?
    Genuine answer. I don't know.  I was talking more of the media and general opinion though, should of made it more obvious in the post.

Deserves all the plaudits that come his way though, no doubts there.