Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 2015-16 (3rd Round - Away to Colchester)

Just made the draw for the second round on BBC One... this is where I start to have a look at which non-league sides have made it through and who we might play (be knocked out by) in January.

Locally, Welling have been drawn at home to Carlisle. Should be a good game at Park View Road!

Full draw:

1 Aldershot/Bradford City v Chesham United
2 Barnet v Brackley Town/Newport County
3 Peterborough v Luton
4 Portsmouth v Accrington Stanley
5 Stourbridge v Eastleigh
6 Northampton Town v Northwich/Boreham Wood
7 Exeter v Port Vale/Maidenhead United
8 Cambridge United v Doncaster Rovers
9 Grimsby v Shrewsbury
10 Yeovil Town v Stevenage
11 Rochdale v Bury
12 Welling United v Carlisle
13 Leyton Orient v Scunthorpe
14 Millwall v Wycombe
15 Colchester United v Altrincham
16 FC United/Chesterfield v Walsall
17 Sheffield United v Mansfield/Oldham
18 Salford City v Hartlepool
19 Dagenham & Redbridge/Morecambe v Whitehawk
20 Braintree/Oxford v Forest Green

Comments

• Options
    BT Sport are trying to blank out "F**k BT Sport and F**k the FA" with canned crowd noise. LOL . FC United fans letting them have it.
  • Options
    Salford at home to Jeff Stelling's mob.
  • Options
    Only one game that stands out for TV. Class of 92 get their money back in the space of a month. Other than that a shockingly boring draw.
  • Options
    last_line said:

Only one game that stands out for TV. Class of 92 get their money back in the space of a month. Other than that a shockingly boring draw.

you copuld perm any of them teams to play any of the others and it would still look boring, standard 2nd round.

• Options

last_line said:

you copuld perm any of them teams to play any of the others and it would still look boring, standard 2nd round.

I was hoping for Welling - Millwall
  • Options
    It's such a tough choice... who do we take our pathetic cringeworthy crap F.A Cup 3rd round debasement off of this year?
  • Options
    The only guaranteed non league side to get through at the moment will be from the Stourbridge/Eastleigh tie, so that's who we will get.
  • Options
    Portsmouth v Accrington Stanley is my pick of the round. Recent Cup winners versus one of the original 12 that formed the Football League.
  • Options
    will he BBC show Salford again???.....Welling must be in with a shout of being on TV
  • Options
    last_line said:

Not quite sure what you were expecting from it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Salford v Pools, Grimsby v Shrewsbury and Welling v Carlisle all potential TV games for me.
  • Options

Portsmouth v Accrington Stanley is my pick of the round. Recent Cup winners versus one of the original 12 that formed the Football League.

Pedant's corner: Stanley were not one of the original clubs, that was a different Accrington team...
  • Options
    Sheff United Vs Mansfield has huge potential, from what I hear Mansfield's fans are a fiery lot and Sheffield is almost a local derby.
    Peterborough V Luton also localish.
  • Options
    some interesting ties there @ .. Sheffield, Rochdale, Yeovil, Welling, Dagenham, Grimsby, Peterborough .. could be a few 'shocks' though as the playing level in the lower leagues gets better, perhaps 'shocks' in the second round, is not the appropriate term
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

BT Sport are trying to blank out "F**k BT Sport and F**k the FA" with canned crowd noise. LOL . FC United fans letting them have it.

Sorry I've missed this story - what's that all about?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

Sorry I've missed this story - what's that all about?
    FC United of Manchester on their annual whingefest.
  • Options
    Rochdale v Bury and Peterborough v Luton are my stand outs. Almost guarantee Salford will be on again.
  • Options
    Is a shame... Welling havent been picked for television coverage... Instead the've gone for a Northern theme:

Salford City v Hartlepool United on Friday (BBC)
    Rochdale v Bury on Sunday (BT Sport... Sunday)
    Grimsby Town v Shrewsbury Town (BT Sport... Monday)
  • Options
    I would laugh if the monkey hangers stuffed them by a hatful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sorry, but why Salford? Oh the class of 92 wankfest, how silly of me.
    Nice unbiased choice from the bbc, who knows they may even show some of the game (rather than chosen supporters).
    That money would have gone a long way down PVR.

Could be due to the fact the audience was nearly 4 million, biggest audience for a game in this country this season they see a bigger than the norm public interest in Salford
  • Options
    Plus the BBC are based in Manchester these days
  • Options
    Maybe just for once the TV companies have thought about the Football Fan hence not giving Welling the slot, i.e. had they played Millwall or Leyton Orient I reckon they would be shown.

Instead they've put a local Derby on the Sunday and are forcing the Shrewsbury and Hartlepool fans to travel across country on a Friday / Monday night which is really thoughtful of them
  • Options
    If Salford get to the Third Round and we are drawn against them will that tie also be on live TV?

I think not.
  • Options
    Welling game now 2pm on Sunday 6th.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

The FA love to remind clubs how that Cup matches should take precedent over any League game... So in this instance, Welling playing in the Cup have been forced to move their match to the Sunday because... Erith and Belvedere are playing in the League on Saturday!!

Talk about devaluing your own Competition, and they have the cheek to question attendances and team lines ups
  • Options

The FA love to remind clubs how that Cup matches should take precedent over any League game... So in this instance, Welling playing in the Cup have been forced to move their match to the Sunday because... Erith and Belvedere are playing in the League on Saturday!!

Talk about devaluing your own Competition, and they have the cheek to question attendances and team lines ups
    The Wings get 12.5k in tv money
  • Options
    And Salford get?
  • Options

And Salford get?

Another £72k