Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Heard a rumour at the weekend - Bolton about to go into Administration

Comments

• Options
    Wouldn't surprise me at all - I heard they were teetering on the brink more than a year ago, but it's the 'friendly' debt thing that muddies the waters.
  • Options

QPR's owners have written off £180 million.

What ever happened to their fine?
  • Options
    IA said:

se9addick said:

What on earth did they spend the money on ?

I'm sure they enjoyed their European adventures. I think they were relegated with debt around £100m. From my memory, they had a couple of very good years, then decided that was their 'level' so spent big to try to get back up there.

Phil Gartside's insistence that relegation from the Premier League be stopped while they were hovering around 15th was a giveaway.
    I believe it was Garside who tried to persuade the other Premier league chairmen to vote on NO relegation from the premier league? Now we see why.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

QPR's owners have written off £180 million.

What ever happened to their fine?
    QPR have a posse of lawyers busy with the negotiations - the original 60 mil becomes 8 mil and maybe even less, they hope.
  • Options
    Middlesbrough owner Steve Gibson said to have sunk £100m into them. For to be a point where he says no more if they don't go up.
  • Options

Middlesbrough owner Steve Gibson said to have sunk £100m into them. For to be a point where he says no more if they don't go up.

£100m...is that all? Tight bastard....
  • Options
    Bolton have confirmed Phil Gartside is "seriously ill" - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34797932
  • Options

Bolton have confirmed Phil Gartside is "seriously ill" - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34797932

Probably sick of wasting his money............
  • Options

What is the definition of friendly debt?

Basically where you have a benevolent owner/owners, who aren't going to call the debt in like a bank would or who wouldn't have let it get to this level at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surprised he still isn't trying to create the Premier League (2)
  • Options
    'Former Bolton Wanderers striker Dean Holdsworth and boxer Amir Khan are set to complete a £15m takeover of the Trotters this week.' BBC via The Star.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Probably sick of wasting his money............
    It's not his money - Eddie Davies is the owner and the biggest creditor although he will write-off the debt as part of any takeover.

Gartside was/is the stumbling block to any takeover - he said he wouldn't go and the potential new owners said he had to go.
  • Options
    Still haven't gone into administration though have they and nor will they
  • Options
    Boxer Amir Khan and former footballer Dean Holdsworth will complete a £15million takeover of Bolton Wanderers this week, according to reports.

Khan is a famous fan of the Trotters, while Holdsworth netted 39 goals in 158 appearances for the club during his six-year stint between 1997 and 2003.
  • Options

'Former Bolton Wanderers striker Dean Holdsworth and boxer Amir Khan are set to complete a £15m takeover of the Trotters this week.' BBC via The Star.

It's about time Only Fools and Horses came back.
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

What is the definition of friendly debt?

Basically where you have a benevolent owner/owners, who aren't going to call the debt in like a bank would or who wouldn't have let it get to this level at all.
    That sounds more like a business plan for wonga.
    A friendly debt would be the debt you owe your mum fir squeezing you out into This world.
    Well Eddie Davies has been squeezing out the Trotters for a few years now!!! :smiley:
  • Options
    our local news is reporting that the owner who is owed £185m is willing to write it off to help sell the club. At here are two groups looking to buy and both involve ex players
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

our local news is reporting that the owner who is owed £185m is willing to write it off to help sell the club. At here are two groups looking to buy and both involve ex players

Imagine being able to write-off £185m
  • Options

Imagine being able to write-off £185m
    Roland's got a long way to go yet then :open_mouth:
  • Options
    They were getting on to 100 million in debt in the prem. I've no sympathy for the club, Allardyce paying wages that top ten in the world teams paid Okocha et al..... Feel sorry for the fans but if clubs were run anywhere near reality we'd still be in the prem.
  • Options
    ColinTat said:

They were getting on to 100 million in debt in the prem. I've no sympathy for the club, Allardyce paying wages that top ten in the world teams paid Okocha et al..... Feel sorry for the fans but if clubs were run anywhere near reality we'd still be in the prem.

Perhaps Duchatelet is not so bad after all...........
  • Options
    Work with few Trotters, Holdsworth consortium considered a bad joke. However all agree doomed.