Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Heard a rumour at the weekend - Bolton about to go into Administration

Comments

• Options
    MrLargo said:

Looks bleak for them. A 10-point deduction during a season when they were going down anyway, write off all their debts, clean start next season, romp to the League 1 title, laugh and point at Charlton on way back to Premier League to join Southampton, Palace, Leicester and whoever else got a handsome reward for being shoddily run.

That's basically what I thought might happen. I'm aware that there's the examples of Stockport, Chester, Luton, etc

Southampton had to take the points deduction in League 1 despite going into admin while they were in the Championship. Leeds too. Can't remember if there's a date before which they can go into administration without it affecting next season - I think it might be the end of March.
  • Options
    IA said:

MrLargo said:

Looks bleak for them. A 10-point deduction during a season when they were going down anyway, write off all their debts, clean start next season, romp to the League 1 title, laugh and point at Charlton on way back to Premier League to join Southampton, Palace, Leicester and whoever else got a handsome reward for being shoddily run.

That's basically what I thought might happen. I'm aware that there's the examples of Stockport, Chester, Luton, etc

Southampton had to take the points deduction in League 1 despite going into admin while they were in the Championship. Leeds too. Can't remember if there's a date before which they can go into administration without it affecting next season - I think it might be the end of March.
    Southampton's issue was they got relegated before the end of the season so took the 10-pt deduction thinking they could exploit the rules, be deducted 10 meaningless points that year and start the next season afresh.

Bolton would be similar to Portsmouth who got (and should get) the deduction the same season as going into Admin for me
  • Options
    Admin doesn't work like that for everyone though
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

I believe it is a 12 point deduction
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Lawrie Wilson re-tweeting tonight a link to raise money for unpaid Bolton staff. Has changed his twitter profile to "I used to be shite but now I'm alright"...good man.
  • Options

What is the definition of friendly debt?

you only lose your house and all your possessions if you don't repay .. you get to keep the wife, the children and your kneecaps
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    MrLargo said:

this .. in spades ... any club going into administration should start again at the bottom of the local pyramid .. in Bolton's case it's probably The Greater Manchester Girls' Alliance .. but seriously, the whole into admin, wipe off debt and come back fresh and with new investors scenario is an absolute travesty verging on scandalous .. BUT .. it's both within the F A Rules and it's legal .. the market must survive and prosper, however in this type of scenario, free market principles are ignored .. ask the Banking Robber Bastard Barons of recent times
  • Options

IA said:

MrLargo said:

Southampton's issue was they got relegated before the end of the season so took the 10-pt deduction thinking they could exploit the rules, be deducted 10 meaningless points that year and start the next season afresh.

Bolton would be similar to Portsmouth who got (and should get) the deduction the same season as going into Admin for me
    I thought Southampton were not yet mathematically relegated. Thought there were a few games left.

Leeds were basically relegated when they went into administration - I think they needed a win in their last game and to overturn a big goal difference.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2015
    IA said:

IA said:

MrLargo said:

I thought Southampton were not yet mathematically relegated. Thought there were a few games left.

Leeds were basically relegated when they went into administration - I think they needed a win in their last game and to overturn a big goal difference.
    This is where I got confused... http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/4314803.Saints_are_relegated_as_league_deduct_points/

They hadn't been quite relegated at the time, so had they survived relegation their points deduction would have been effective that season and they'd have been relegated, and would have started League One on 0 points... Because they were relegated anyway, thats why the deduction took effect from their League One season
  • Options
    We could help them by taking Wilson back as useful cover.
  • Options

Wilson ? He's alright.

• Options
    yes alright will do at the moment
  • Options
    And Dervite!!
  • Options

Wilson ? He's alright.

If you're on twitter look at his profile. It says "I used to be shite but now I'm alright"....
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35149775

Some more stuff about Lennon's private life floating around, it doesn't seem to be having a negative affect on the pitch, after 2 hard fought draws
  • Options
    Sounds like the last thing Bolton need - grim tale all round, down to allegations about bent coppers: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/football-boss-neil-lennon-knife-7044229
  • Options
    He's a scumbag don't you know. I hope it stuffs up his career.

PS, so is the slag, who was shagging him in the marital bed.
  • Options

Sounds like the last thing Bolton need - grim tale all round, down to allegations about bent coppers: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/football-boss-neil-lennon-knife-7044229

I know this is a bit off topic but I find it so amusing that women who have an affair with a married man (or one in a long term relationship) are horrified when they discover that he cheated on them with a third woman.

They feel cheated and decide that the bloke is dishonest and a 'monster'.

Clearly Lennon is, shall we say, not a role model when it comes to fidelity but what did this girl, twenty years his junior, expect from a multi-millionaire football player/manager with a long term relationship with a lady that was the mother to his children?

Sorry for going so off topic.

Back to the topic, does anyone know why the super rich bloke that has been bankrolling the club has pulled his support? He musk know that HMRC are not going to wait for ever for their c. £600k. If he has run out of money, or is just unwilling to put any more of his into the club, then I suspect there is a very real possibility of them going onto administration.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    according to his wiki entry, Davis is down to his last 65 million .. (the wiki entry is interesting, the man is a real philanthropist) .. the other young lady I chatted to on Saturday (not the Burnley fan), who's boyfriend is a Trotter fan stated that the rumours in Bolton are:
    a) Davis can't find anyone to take over the club even with the debt wiped off and,
    b) Davis is reluctant to let the club go into administration as it would ruin the reputation of the club he loves .. as with all chat, this is strictly hearsay and part conjecture

• Options

I know this is a bit off topic but I find it so amusing that women who have an affair with a married man (or one in a long term relationship) are horrified when they discover that he cheated on them with a third woman.

They feel cheated and decide that the bloke is dishonest and a 'monster'.

Clearly Lennon is, shall we say, not a role model when it comes to fidelity but what did this girl, twenty years his junior, expect from a multi-millionaire football player/manager with a long term relationship with a lady that was the mother to his children?

Especially when a quick google would've told her that he'd already cheated at least 2-3 times before
  • Options
    I fear we might need three or four clubs going into admin to save us.
  • Options
    If they'll cheat with you, they'll cheat on you, I thought everyone knew this.
  • Options
    The way we're currently playing Bolton could have the deduction and still finish above us :-(
  • Options
    edited December 2015

according to his wiki entry, Davis is down to his last 65 million .. (the wiki entry is interesting, the man is a real philanthropist) .. the other young lady I chatted to on Saturday (not the Burnley fan), who's boyfriend is a Trotter fan stated that the rumours in Bolton are:
    a) Davis can't find anyone to take over the club even with the debt wiped off and,
    b) Davis is reluctant to let the club go into administration as it would ruin the reputation of the club he loves .. as with all chat, this is strictly hearsay and part conjecture

Agreed, but both of those points seem more than just credible. Bolton look like a bottomless pit at the moment, anyone taking that on would, likely, need to 'donate' upwards of £50 before the club would be self sustainable, and that kind of money is unlikely to lead to promotion to the Premier League.
  • Options

as with all chat, this is strictly hearsay and part conjecture

Chat shit, get banged
  • Options

Agreed, but both of those points seem more than just credible. Bolton look like a bottomless pit at the moment, anyone taking that on would, likely, need to 'donate' upwards of £50 before the club would be self sustainable, and that kind of money is unlikely to lead to promotion to the Premier League.

spot on and a VERY Merry Christmas to you.. except .. I am guessing (no flies on me) that you mean a mere £50,000,000 not £50, the price of a small round of drinks at the valley (so I am told) .. the upkeep of that nice stadium and its surroundings must be a couple of million a year .. any facilities management experts on here ?

• Options
    edited December 2015

'Bolton have now concluded their internal investigation of this matter and will be taking no further action'! I, and I am sure many on here would have been out on their ear if we had brought our employer's name into disrepute :open_mouth:
  • Options
    Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko 9m9 minutes ago
    Bolton. Interesting new bidder around. London based. But foreign cash. And with Prem experience. Want a quick answer.

No point them asking Charlton then