Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Birmingham 0 Charlton 1 Post match comments

Comments

• Options

So buzzing with that great result. 3 points most important thing. Now hopefully start looking up the table. Results like this and Wednesday proves our league position really doesn't represent our league position.

Que?
  • Options

Charlton Athletic interim manager Karel Fraeye:
    "Whether it is called interim or permanent will not effect me. The board make the decisions. We were aware that Birmingham struggle at home when they try to be dominant. Without playing defensively we tried to put together a good organisation.
    "Our win over Sheffield Wednesday a fortnight ago gave us confidence to withstand some difficult moments. Both teams had their chances and we managed to take one when our skipper Johnnie Jackson scored.
    "We know the qualities of our captain. He is a real leader and we get along really well. It was only his fifth game of the season and it was his third goal which makes him our leading goalscorer.
    "The back-to-back wins are vital after that disastrous performance at Middlesbrough. No one wanted to be part of the dressing room. They were so down at that moment but after turning the corner against Sheffield Wednesday two weeks ago it gave us a huge boost not to be in the same situation again."

Whoever it is, it sounds like Birmingham were well scouted.

Terrific performance from a team rejuvenated after the Luzon fuck up .. Jackson .. what can you say .. terrific cross from Holmes - Dennis ..will Solly get back in ? .. Lookman .. how long can we keep him ?, better than Sterling already ? ((:>) .. Henderson, MOM .. kept us in the game early on .. I could go on but haven't got the time or patience to state the bleedin' obvious .. I'm in my Fort Dunlop, Birmingham, 10th floor hotel room, almost overlooking the huge Land Rover/Jaguar Castle Bromwich manufacturing facility with a BIG smile on my face .. if this winning/success streak continues .. all you miserable, long faced, want us to lose CAFC 'fans' might have to eat a large portion of Umble Pie .. or are y'all praying for failure ?

You know how to pick the glamorous places to stay :smile:
    lol .. you'd have to be here to experience it .. Brum aint London .. there is a LOT of high value manufacturing done around here in clean and modern environments .. BUT .. the Brum traffic is absolutely f***ing HORRENDOUS .. I enjoy my away days/weekends very much in the 'glamlorous' north and midlands .. but really I'd rather be in lovely Woolwich, Catford or even ... glamorous Bexleyheath or Dartford
    .. (if you believe the last sentence .. lol .. you'll believe Anything ... have a nice weekend wherever you may be)
    Oh yes, I've been up to Brum many times, but usually stayed fairly centrally rather in the industrial bits!
  • Options
    edited November 2015

I've been victimised by using the word rape by accident then taking the piss out of myself.

All whilst mocking Match of the Day. I don't even know what to do now

Guardian 1-0 cafcnick

I've been victimised by using the word rape by accident then taking the piss out of myself.

All whilst mocking Match of the Day. I don't even know what to do now

Guardian 1-0 cafcnick
    You poor victim.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Oops. Sorry again.

Jesus Christ that was a heavy night.

Tune in next week to find out which city cafcnick1992 gets wankered in.
  • Options

Oops. Sorry again.

Bit of advice mate, take more water with it or don't drink and post! Been there done it and got the tee shirt.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    The main time they looked dangerous was in injury time supposed to be four minutes but must of played about seven, they had about four or five half chances which were all blocked or missed. (No finger nails left)
  • Options

Oops. Sorry again.

Can't wait...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    One thing that did amuse (and worry!) me before the match. In shooting practice Mak hit two shots into the stand and broke two of the plastic seats - he would be useful at Millwall next time!
  • Options
    Do people really post on this website during a night out? I thought that was a joke.
  • Options
    What did it say?
  • Options

I have Charlton Life bookmarked on my phone.

Dangerous game.

I am sorry though. I have no recollection of posting. I don't mean any of the crap I post, probably do it to get a reaction. I accept I stepped way over the line this time, and for that I am sorry.

Just so that some good will come of your evening posts, could you let us know how you delete what you wrote after it has been quoted by others, please.

I notice people who quoted you now have blanks in their quote boxes. Seems like a useful feature.
  • Options
    Young Nicholas may have an instinct, sharpened by drink, to wind up the loony left, but deep down, at the psychological root of this behaviour, I reckon he just wants us to love him
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Show me a man who claims to have never written anything stupid on an internet forum and I'll show you a liar.

-cafcnick1992, 2015
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

What did it say?

• Options
    JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

What did it say?

Something about beating a player that was very Pardewesque
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great support from those there, bit disappointing with the numbers but those who were there certainly made ourselves heard. Well done all. Deserved to see us win away after some terrible away performances, MK away being turgid!! Happy man today with a voice that is shit to pieces!! Jonny Jacksons Red army......
  • Options

I have Charlton Life bookmarked on my phone.

Dangerous game.

I am sorry though. I have no recollection of posting. I don't mean any of the crap I post, probably do it to get a reaction. I accept I stepped way over the line this time, and for that I am sorry.

Just so that some good will come of your evening posts, could you let us know how you delete what you wrote after it has been quoted by others, please.

I notice people who quoted you now have blanks in their quote boxes. Seems like a useful feature.
    Edited by mods I believe.
  • Options
    I expected to see a few more also. Birmingham is an easy one for me to get to, it's pretty much an hour for me, so I was looking forward to this one. I appreciate that it's tough to follow Charlton right now, and Birmingham is a few hours from The Valley so it's not the easiest to get to, but it's often a decent fixture and worth the trip.

I was pleased when Bristol City got promoted, I can be parked and in the ground in about 40 minutes, less time than it took me to get through the traffic to The Valley when I lived in the Bromley area.
  • Options
    That's brilliant movement from THD, seeing that the original free kick was near the half way line
  • Options
    The Birmingham forum is interesting. Apparently they had enough chances to win by 4 or 5 and all of their previous players would have ripped apart our "garbage" defence.

They also had a "stonewall" penalty in the first half, right in front of us. Obviously made no impression on me. The only thing I heard all match from the home fans was "near Millwall" (presumably a reference to our small club).

As always, good to read away fans saying we're shit after a deserved win. Not that I disagree hugely. But that BCFC team will not be promoted imo. And I thought Watford were excellent and would be promoted when we beat them early last season.
  • Options

I expected to see a few more also. Birmingham is an easy one for me to get to, it's pretty much an hour for me, so I was looking forward to this one. I appreciate that it's tough to follow Charlton right now, and Birmingham is a few hours from The Valley so it's not the easiest to get to, but it's often a decent fixture and worth the trip.

I was pleased when Bristol City got promoted, I can be parked and in the ground in about 40 minutes, less time than it took me to get through the traffic to The Valley when I lived in the Bromley area.

Very easy and cheap to get to. Ticket office closed last Saturday so couldn'the buy a ticket in advance. Always do cash at the away end to the ground. Suddenly announced no sales on the day.
  • Options
    IAIA
    edited November 2015
    Crusty54 said:

Very easy and cheap to get to. Ticket office closed last Saturday so couldn'the buy a ticket in advance. Always do cash at the away end to the ground. Suddenly announced no sales on the day.
    There was a cash turnstile. As I said there would be.

Source: I paid in, with cash
  • Options
    Genius free kick that from THD, the energy to want to go get that return ball and dink in a cross is incredible.