Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt to join Cardiff on loan (EDIT: Joined Until 16th January, Perm Deal Rumoured)

Comments

• Options

His goals have dried up ! Sorry, I must have missed our other strikers hitting prolific goal scoring form ? That's forced Watt out of the side !

Passing to a team mate is also a pre-requisite to making the first team.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

It doesn't make sense. We are moving out a skilful no.10, who creates and scores goals at this level, presumably because we don't have anyone on the football side capable of motivating and managing him. This says as much about the quality of staff, as it does about the player. There have always been difficult maverick players in the game, but these players give you something different and can be match-winners. Look how Sir Alex handled Cantona.

Bring back Luzon!
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

It doesn't make sense. We are moving out a skilful no.10, who creates and scores goals at this level, presumably because we don't have anyone on the football side capable of motivating and managing him. This says as much about the quality of staff, as it does about the player. There have always been difficult maverick players in the game, but these players give you something different and can be match-winners. Look how Sir Alex handled Cantona.

Sir Alex (Luzon) has gone.

Move on Tutt Tutt.

;-)
  • Options
    I hate to say it, but Harriott is our replacement for Watt. Harriott put this on his snapchat earlier.

He played as a striker under Riga, so it seems logical that Fraeye might try the same.
  • Options

I hate to say it, but Harriott is our replacement for Watt. Harriott put this on his snapchat earlier.

He played as a striker under Riga, so it seems logical that Fraeye might try the same.

You can even see the bag he bought it in.

• Options
    Harriott was showing off old boots and stuff and came across his shirt. He can't be recalled before January.
  • Options
    Watt himself has confirmed that he is gone.
  • Options
    We're not selling him, only loaning him. We don't need all 4 of Reza, Vaz Te, Lookman and Watt at the same time when they are playing for one position alongside Simon. If we have an injury we can just bring him back so why is it a big deal?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Watt himself has confirmed that he is gone.

Where?
  • Options

Harriott was showing off old boots and stuff and came across his shirt. He can't be recalled before January.

Just seen the full snapchat story, and you are indeed correct. My apologies. However, I think that makes the loaning out of Watt even weirder. Unless we sign a striker over the next few days, then we only have Makienok and Vaz Te in terms of experienced strikers.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Godstone said:

We're not selling him, only loaning him. We don't need all 4 of Reza, Vaz Te, Lookman and Watt at the same time when they are playing for one position alongside Simon. If we have an injury we can just bring him back so why is it a big deal?

Not according to Scoham we can't see his post at 10.02 above.
  • Options
    Godstone said:

Reza, last prolific; in Iran, very poor scoring rate in Championship, struggles.
    Vaz Te, last scoring anywhere near prolifically 4 years ago.
    Lookman, has started one match for us.

I don't think it's a case of 'need' I think it's a case of playing with fire, Watt has an attitude problem, even if we recalled him I doubt he'd be willing to play for us.

It's also just silly in many a way, going to a same league team is one of those.

It's also the way the Club are doing things, all the reports from the Club Officials saying Watt wasn't fully fit or is injured, quite clearly.. BS.
  • Options
    Twitter says Gouffran is coming in as Watt goes out to Cardiff!
  • Options
    Got a horrible feeling one of the ins is McAnuff, and the other out Moussa. Saw it the other day.
  • Options

Presumably there will be a 24 hour recall clause so I really don't see what all the fuss is about.

Yeah, Katriens really good at loan paperwork...cough...cough....Tucudean

• Options
    Is Moussa injured again or just out of favour.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

What's the deal with JBG and Watt???

Didn't they have a little spat in one game early in the season and wouldn't pass to one another. All blew over as far as I was aware.
    I had guessed they were good mates but maybe I'm wrong.

I understand they fell out earlier this season. If you watch the pre-match high fives and hugs they never acknowledge each other anymore. Maybe it has been sorted, but I'm led to believe that there is no love lost.

They had a purely interim relationship.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Godstone said:

I bet that the loan will become a perm deal in January.

Watt will start off on fire and then die out, just like he did with us, Liege & Celtic.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

The fact that quite a few on here are all of a sudden defending the board on this decision supports my fear that our fanbase will never properly rock our ownership when it really comes down to it and are so easily appeased by a couple of surprise wins. Unbelievable.

None of us know the full story. I'm not the boards biggest fan. However, people are blaming the board with no backup. What if something has happened behind the scenes, which made his position at the club untenable? None of us know. And we won't know because that's between the club and the player. I know many of us are upset with the board at the mo, but IMO I don't think this was a wrong decision by the board.
  • Options
    My guess would be that Fraeye sees Watt as disruptive to the squad and wants shot of him or Cardiff are prepared to pay above market value in January if they like what they see. It would not be surprising news that there has been some trouble within the squad during that bleak run of results. And, one thing is for sure, every new manager/coach has players he wants and doesn't want. Players will come in and go out faster when there is a fast turnover of managers.
  • Options
    Has an interim manager ever been allowed to make a key decision about such an established player before? Seems odd, as what if our new manager that comes in over the next week or so thinks Watt is great but by then he has already gone?
  • Options

Has an interim manager ever been allowed to make a key decision about such an established player before? Seems odd, as what if our new manager that comes in over the next week or so thinks Watt is great but by then he has already gone?

Please tell me you're being sarcastic and have realised the job was KF's from day one....?
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    braydex said:

Please tell me you're being sarcastic and have realised the job was KF's from day one....?
    Brandex, that is a very cynical outlook. KM said he was interim and she has always been right so far with managers as she has told us that as well.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

This! Watt's fitness has generally been terrible this season and the back end of last. Whilst I acknowledge that this is his fault, we don't have the strong characters behind the scenes to manage him properly and deal with issues such as this. Instead it looks like we're just going to move him on instead.