Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt to join Cardiff on loan (EDIT: Joined Until 16th January, Perm Deal Rumoured)

Comments

• Options

Interesting to see how Cardiff take the news? Anyone been on their forum?

Went and had a look. I was initially being lazy!
    This stands out…

We really are becoming a joke of a club, how bad must he have become if Charlton want rid.. Who is scouting for Slade apart From Tan ?
    Looks like Cardiff City forum are looking at what we're saying and we're turning them around…

Just read thorough the Charlton forum link......reaction pretty positive for us most are pissed off.
  • Options
    Plus I don't get all this 'dont send him to a competitor' comments..

He'll score against other relegation candidates and keep us up... If he can't do it here maybe he
    JohnnyH2 said:

Lo

Dazzler21 said:

Is there a single bit of evidence or is this just like the Vetokele to.... Cardiff saga?

I think it was also Cardiff right?

Bolton
    Ahh fair play, still feels similar!
  • Options

I have no idea what it is, Just there will be one more likely to do with why a player of his calibre and talent has moved so often at his tender age, to me it's a loss greater than anything km and Rd are alleged to have done already, however if it's because he is a bad egg and kf and je think it's a good idea then so be it,

You nor I will know. But if the replacement is as good or more reliable in the mins he will get on the pitch then it will turn out to be the right move

What if you were offered yann instead of watt would that work for you

Why would Bournemouth loan Yann out when they're short of forwards? Why would he ever want to work under Roland again? Why would he choose us when he's bound to have better offers? I'll be amazed if it happens. Vaz Te is Watt's replacement.

nth london addicknth london addick Member
    7:45PM
    It's odd we haven't been Linked with a replacement before, I reckon it's more than likely no one will come in, the only name mentioned prior has been yann and that was closed off by Bournemouth the other week,

Be an interesting next few days

You must have read what I posted nearly two hrs ago,
  • Options
    He limped around for almost the entire second half at MK. After one run, he got up and was stretching his groin out.

Assumed he was injured and the return of Big Mak, Reza and emergence of Lookman meant we could afford him the time to get fitter. Obviously not
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Our turnaround in form, quality on the pitch and overall effort has improved tons in the last two games without him. Perhaps our new style of play and the fitness needed really does not fit with having Watt on the pitch. In which case why pay his wages when someone else can come in and do a better job.
  • Options
    Just hope the board have a release contract built in in case he finds form, but not holding my breath.
  • Options
    If Cardiff are playing teams in the bottom half of the table soon this might make a little more sense than many of you think
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reading the Watt-related posts on the Facebook group - some of the bellends on there take the word 'moron' to new levels.
  • Options
    I'm keen on this . He's not looked fit all season and we have , even if it is coincidental , picked up since he hasn't been playing
  • Options

Sending him to a rival team is crazy.

Nothing new is it. Yann, Stephens, Dervite, Morrison.
    Parker
  • Options
    Seems a pretty sensible decision to me. He can be an incredibly exciting player but he hasn't delivered much this season. He has a history of failing to deliver over a longer period. Vaz Te has come in. Cardiff aren't our rivals.. MK Dons, Rotherham, Bolton, Preston, Huddersfield are our rivals.
  • Options
    Pico said:

Seems a pretty sensible decision to me. He can be an incredibly exciting player but he hasn't delivered much this season. He has a history of failing to deliver over a longer period. Vaz Te has come in. Cardiff aren't our rivals.. MK Dons, Rotherham, Bolton, Preston, Huddersfield are our rivals.

Cardiff are only 9 points above us, with 3 wins in the last 10, so they're hardly that far ahead of us. I doubt they'll be promoted this season
  • Options
    You just know that if this happens he will start scoring goals for fun at Cardiff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PL54 said:

This is absolute fucking bollocks, he's technically the best striker we've had in years, and if you think that this decision by Katrien Meire to loan him out is correct then you're genuinely beyond hope.

He's obviously told her some home truths and she's not liked it.

See you all behind the West Stand on Saturday.

That's exactly what happened - Tony Watt collared the CEO in a corridor, told her what he thought about the ownership of the club it's management and especially the appointment of Luzon and asked to be excused from the pre match warm up on Saturday 'cos he'd be busy in a car park.

You must be right.
    You've got to stop alienating the people helping you with your #Blackandwhite campaign PL. You've taken us so far, don't let them get to you
  • Options

Presumably there will be a 24 hour recall clause so I really don't see what all the fuss is about.

Watt has looked unfit and uninterested for some time now. Maybe sending him out on loan will give him the kick up the arse he needs.

Pretty sure short term loanees cannot be recalled earlier than 28 days. So he'll be out on loan for at least as long as that.
  • Options
    It makes sense. Hopefully, Tony will get some confidence back and we're okay for strikers at the moment.
  • Options
    Watt's career has really taken off since the network saw him as a money maker!
  • Options
    cafctom said:

The fact that quite a few on here are all of a sudden defending the board on this decision supports my fear that our fanbase will never properly rock our ownership when it really comes down to it and are so easily appeased by a couple of surprise wins. Unbelievable.

Tony is not first choice at the moment and his goals have dried up - so it makes sense. It is not a bad decision of the kind that getting rid of Morrison was.