Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A proportionate protest - Charlton v Ipswich *Stand Up For The 2%*

Comments

• Options

so Charente you understand and agree with Joes campaign but because misinformed others are reading it wrong you won't support it ...... I mean really .....

I commend Joe's initiative but, no, I don't want to be supporting what I feel it's become.

Keep supporting Mr Fraeye, he's turning it around.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    It will never be the same thing to all. Are you one of the 98% who are entirely happy with the way the club is being/has been run or one of the 2% who are not? Ultimately, that is what this is all about! Degrees of unhappiness are not relevant.
  • Options
    Can I ask a question without everyone getting sarcastic ?

When KM mentioned 2% did she refer to the number of people protesting outside Bartrams or the % of fan base that were unhappy ?

Is there a transcript anywhere - I never got round to watching the 2 hour epic.
  • Options
    I think both Muttleys' and Charentes' posts are both equally poignant.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

When KM mentioned 2% did she refer to the number of people protesting outside Bartrams or the % of fan base that were unhappy ?

this I wouldn't mind knowing/remembering as well. cos for the life of me I thought it was about the number of the fan base who were unhappy but now that you bring it up I cant be certain.
  • Options

For those wondering ... this is what 10,000 posters look like!

Blimey, how are you going to fit all those on your bike?

Amazing job so far Joe!
  • Options

PL54 said:

...you just can't help yourself can you?
    Simple question requiring simple answer from someone who saw the video please
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

PL54 said:

And he/she thinks they are funny as well, yawwwwnnnn
  • Options
    PL54 said:

PL54 said:

As I recall her comments were in the context of the West Stand protests, but the implication was clearly that only a small minority were upset enough to be protesting. It came across as a dismissal of a negative tiny minority. So this is a drive to demonstrate that this isn't about a negative 2%, it's a large proportion of disillusioned supporters, some of whom have already asked away - hence Joe's appeal for them to return in B&W scarves.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

PL54 said:

PL54 said:

As I recall her comments were in the context of the West Stand protests, but the implication was clearly that only a small minority were upset enough to be protesting. It came across as a dismissal of a negative tiny minority. So this is a drive to demonstrate that this isn't about a negative 2%, it's a large proportion of disillusioned supporters, some of whom have already asked away - hence Joe's appeal for them to return in B&W scarves.
    So she said 2% were in the car park.

The implication was only 2% were upset
  • Options

PL54 said:

Yawn!!!
  • Options
    Red7Oak said:

PL54 said:

Yawn!!!
    Another blinding comeback. Keep 'em coming.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Katrien Meire at the meeting said:

'I know not all those fans are represent the majority, it was only 2% of the people that were in the ground, that were outside. But it gives the image that that’s the voice of the fans, and I know it’s not.'

That's where the 2% figure comes from.

• Options
    I've already told Joe I'll pick some up & hand out in and around The Oak. I'm not getting there before 11am though & I'll probably get my lads to collect them, while I park the car.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Uboat said:

Red7Oak said:

PL54 said:

Yawn!!!

Golly your so witty! Gotta lol at you!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just want to wish everyone the best of luck today. Unfortunately living 300 miles away and working today means I will miss it all.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

I was lazy and never properly read Muttleys comments.
    It is a great piece reflecting what many of us feel.
    The CEO is hopeless, they do not understand what running a football club is about. Not respecting the supporters and telling rather far fetched stories is unacceptable.
    Let's all protest tomorrow.

Have said it before. Any CEO has to work to a budget and a business plan which they are given by the owner or board.

In our case she has had to implement some difficult choices.

This does not make her hopeless.

The club has to recover from many years of much worse decisions that nearly put us into administration.

This will take time.

PS I do remember Billy Bonds. A great player for the club. Selling him for £50,000 was unpopular but it kept the club afloat at the time.
  • Options

Just read the whole 10 pages, Joe, I admire you top lad who feels a great deal for the club, not sure where I stand on this I really don't I dread to think where we would be without RD and this is from someone who supported the last lot when the shit hit the fan, What I would say is everyone is entitled to there opinion so please respect both views, especially today, if somebody doesn't want to take a poster or stand up then take it as it is and concentrate on the ones that do last thing we really want is fans having a go at each other.

Well said
  • Options
    good luck today to all two percenters

has anyone informed the Ipswich fans of what we are doing?
  • Options
    Red7Oak said:

Uboat said:

Red7Oak said:

PL54 said:

Yawn!!!

Golly your so witty! Gotta lol at you!
    If you insist on carrying on with your dreadful attempts at humour, please at least quote properly, so it doesn't look like I used the phrase 'Golly, your (sic) so witty'.
  • Options

good luck today to all two percenters

has anyone informed the Ipswich fans of what we are doing?

This was on their forum yesterday

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/360884/protests-at-charlton-tomorrow/
  • Options
    The CEO ( to my knowledge) appoints the manager. The appointments are unsuitable and a mistake.
    The circumstances of Luzons appointment were at best not open and the supporters were fed a story that did not ring true.
    If the CEO cannot see their decisions are wrong- they are deluded. If they can see the mistakes and cannot convince the owner they are not a very effective CEO.
    I have not met the CEO but from the news stories and press releases it would appear there is no real recognition of the unrest. Interpretation of the quote however you like, but to want to spin only 2% are unhappy is ignoring reality.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

I was lazy and never properly read Muttleys comments.
    It is a great piece reflecting what many of us feel.
    The CEO is hopeless, they do not understand what running a football club is about. Not respecting the supporters and telling rather far fetched stories is unacceptable.
    Let's all protest tomorrow.

Have said it before. Any CEO has to work to a budget and a business plan which they are given by the owner or board.

In our case she has had to implement some difficult choices.

This does not make her hopeless.

The club has to recover from many years of much worse decisions that nearly put us into administration.

This will take time.

PS I do remember Billy Bonds. A great player for the club. Selling him for £50,000 was unpopular but it kept the club afloat at the time.
    You are correct that making difficult decisions does not make a CEO hopeless. However, making hopeless decisions does and there is plenty of evidence that KM is completely out of her depth as a CEO.