Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Air Strikes On Syria

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2015
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Bloke in the background mocking the attacker saying "You ain't no muslim bruv". I think this should be painted on all paveway missiles that take out ISIS as that being the last thing they see.

That's quality
  • Options
    I just wonder whether this escalation in terror will push the vast majority of moderate Muslims to break cover and openly condemn these murderous scum and religious nutters.

The Muslim guy heard saying the words "you ain't no Muslim Bruv" is a very encouraging sign and I understand it has taken on a life on social media.

Also very good to see the local Leytonstone Imam quickly going public to condemn this atrocity.

Perhaps the start of a moderate fight back ?
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Just imagining a load of blood thirsty jihadists on the back of a pickup, pull into a petrol station and the automated pump saying their cards been reject, so they walk off down the frog. Or popping into the local gunshop to buy some bullets and the geezer behind the jump saying 'sorry guys insufficient funds in your account' and them all piling out the shop.

Coz that's how it happens apparently .....

Because of Hawala this will not happen. A sale of oil to Turkey can lead to purchase of guns from Russia, China or ourselves without any bank or money transfer from the beneficiary being involved. All based on trust and fear.
    A friend also told me, 30 years ago, that every Muslim (according to their wealth) donates a portion of their earnings to the "cause" without any knowledge or control on how the money is spent. This no doubt is how elaborate mosques can spring up in poor areas and unemployed terrorists can travel to training camps and buy bomb making materials. Our politicians have no idea of the nuances of their opponents.

The answer as all fiction tells you is follow the money. The Saudis and other oil nations are feeding this attack on the West and we have to stop selling them arms and buying their oil.
    This.

We needed the mandate to bomb the terrorists Oil fields and any in open transit in Syria. if we bomb buildings they will put innocent children there.

This problem will never go away now, and some British people are so naive in their understanding of this problem.
    I was told 30 odd years ago that Muslim extremists would make the IRA look like
    Amateurs in London because they would be prepared to die as Martyrs.
    I thought the person who told me this was just anti Muslim.

We have so few armed police, that compared to Paris we are sitting ducks.

There are so many Thousands here already that hate the west and want us destroyed.

Why are so many people who are against the bombing,
    so violent in there actions ?

I don't disagree with anything you've posted, apart from the bit in bold. Is that hyperbole, or verifiable statistics?
    Good question Chizz,

I hope my gut feeling is wrong on this,and even thou many thousands
    are "Terrorist sympathisers" and i don't mean the way David Cameron
    Misused the words, They wouldn't take action themselves ?
    I really hope that does turn out to be hyperbole for all our sakes.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I just wonder whether this escalation in terror will push the vast majority of moderate Muslims to break cover and openly condemn these murderous scum and religious nutters.

The Muslim guy heard saying the words "you ain't no Muslim Bruv" is a very encouraging sign and I understand it has taken on a life on social media.

Also very good to see the local Leytonstone Imam quickly going public to condemn this atrocity.

But I don't think that the "vast majority of moderate Muslims" are "undercover" in the first place. They're just normal people like you or I. They don't have to condemn every atrocity committed by nutters who profess to follow the same religion as them in much the same way that I don't have to publicly condem the actions of the Christian fundamentalist who attacked the Planned Parenting clinic in Colarado Springs.

ISIS already know that most Muslims don't support them, that's why they've killed lots and lots of them.
    I think what I meant to say was more like that the recent events might encourage the silent majority to become more vociferous rather than feed the perception that they don't say enough.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Good reminder that when you compare the Quran and the Bible, they don't seem so different. Really makes you think twice about whether these extremists represent modern Muslims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEnWw_lH4tQ
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

It's very interesting but I would comment that "we" left those barbaric ideas behind us 500 years ago.

People are shocked that the quotes came from the bible but then the bible is not a book that has any relevance on our laws.

People are actually living by the standards of similar texts taken from the Quran

Big difference.

Are you joking ? Some nutters are "actually living by the standards" of the Bible too and using a literal interpretation of scripture as their justification for atrocities in the same way some nutters use The Quran as their justification for similar actions.

The truth is that the vast majority of Christians & Muslims are able to see that their central scriptures were written a very long time ago and should not be interpreted literally.
    Really?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

It's very interesting but I would comment that "we" left those barbaric ideas behind us 500 years ago.

People are shocked that the quotes came from the bible but then the bible is not a book that has any relevance on our laws.

People are actually living by the standards of similar texts taken from the Quran

Big difference.

Are you joking ? Some nutters are "actually living by the standards" of the Bible too and using a literal interpretation of scripture as their justification for atrocities in the same way some nutters use The Quran as their justification for similar actions.

The truth is that the vast majority of Christians & Muslims are able to see that their central scriptures were written a very long time ago and should not be interpreted literally.
    Wasn't joking. Perhaps you could enlighten me where the bible is literally interpreted to include chopping off hands, crucifixion, stoning, beheading, slavery, shall I go on ?

• Options
    O
    se9addick said:

But I don't think that the "vast majority of moderate Muslims" are "undercover" in the first place. They're just normal people like you or I. They don't have to condemn every atrocity committed by nutters who profess to follow the same religion as them in much the same way that I don't have to publicly condem the actions of the Christian fundamentalist who attacked the Planned Parenting clinic in Colarado Springs.

ISIS already know that most Muslims don't support them, that's why they've killed lots and lots of them.
    Great post.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Big difference.

Really?
    Yes.

Off the top of my head After a quick Google search, the shooting at the Parental Planning clinic in America the other week, the Lords Resistance Army in Uganda and the Anti-balaka in CAR are all motivated by Christian fundamentalism and are all equally as mental as any other religious nut jobs. The books and scriptures aren't the problem, the twisted interpretation of those books and scriptures by man are the problem.
    ; )
  • Options

se9addick said:

Big difference.

Wasn't joking. Perhaps you could enlighten me where the bible is literally interpreted to include chopping off hands, crucifixion, stoning, beheading, slavery, shall I go on ?

See my response to Big Robs question, the answer is plenty of places.
  • Options
    Still true ;0)
  • Options

se9addick said:

Big difference.

Death penalty in the USA?
  • Options
    edited December 2015

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Big difference.

Really?
    Yes.

Off the top of my head After a quick Google search, the shooting at the Parental Planning clinic in America the other week, the Lords Resistance Army in Uganda and the Anti-balaka in CAR are all motivated by Christian fundamentalism and are all equally as mental as any other religious nut jobs. The books and scriptures aren't the problem, the twisted interpretation of those books and scriptures by man are the problem.
    ; )
    Ha, admittedly I did have to Google the name of the guys in the CAR, saw a thing on them the other day but couldn't remember their name, they're horrific though. The LRA are the guys led by Kone (his capture was a cause celebre a couple of years ago).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Big difference.

Islam is 600 years younger than Christianity so I guess it'll take longer to catch up. There are internal divides going on at the moment, right now in Sudan 27 men are on trial for rejecting the Hadith (sayings of the prophet) and re-interpreting the Quran. They face the death penalty if they are sentenced.

http://www.albawaba.com/loop/not-right-type-islam-27-muslims-are-trial-sudan-apostasy-777618
  • Options
    edited December 2015

So I'm guessing you've read about two pages of the bible then? Execution for picking up sticks on the Sabbath, Sodomy, non virgin women marrying, whitchcraft, cursing the lord and quite a few others. Oh and you can cut off a cheeky bint's hand who get's involved in a fight between her husband and some other bloke.

Fortunately as you hint at English Law is secular. We don't observe most of the rubbish that's in the Bible, and quite rightly English Law refutes much of it much to the annoyance of pious Protestants.
  • Options
    ColinTat said:

So I'm guessing you've read about two pages of the bible then? Execution for picking up sticks on the Sabbath, Sodomy, non virgin women marrying, whitchcraft, cursing the lord and quite a few others. Oh and you can cut off a cheeky bint's hand who get's involved in a fight between her husband and some other bloke.

Fortunately as you hint at English Law is secular. We don't observe most of the rubbish that's in the Bible, and quite rightly English Law refutes much of it much to the annoyance of pious Protestants.
    Which is why we must defend our legal system, maintain its stature, respect its years of evolution and not let any other legal ideologies such as Sharia Law have any say in this country's legal system, without exception.
  • Options
    purdis said:

ColinTat said:

Which is why we must defend our legal system, maintain its stature, respect its years of evolution and not let any other legal ideologies such as Sharia Law have any say in this country's legal system, without exception.
    Who is arguing that we should?
  • Options
    edited December 2015

purdis said:

ColinTat said:

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/preparing-for-trial/shariah-in-britain.htm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/10716844/Islamic-law-is-adopted-by-British-legal-chiefs.html
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noOPNkxQE9M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5pOk1cPPHg

With 'moderates' like this, what chance do those who look up to them have?

This is one of the most powerful speeches I've heard on the issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGlMI3pY06w

I know I've posted three links containing Nawaz but, for me, he is the epitome of moderation and is also someone that has worn all the t-shirts so speaks from a position of experience. A lot of alleged moderates don't like him because he speaks the unspoken truth and faces up to, and answers, questions that most shy away from.
  • Options
    purdis said:

purdis said:

ColinTat said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/10716844/Islamic-law-is-adopted-by-British-legal-chiefs.html
    Haven't you always been able to include/exclude whomever you like from your will using what ever thought process you like to arrive at your decision ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

purdis said:

purdis said:

ColinTat said:

Haven't you always been able to include/exclude whomever you like from your will using what ever thought process you like to arrive at your decision ?
    It is not this initial legislation that troubles me, it is the direction it's going, heading forwards.
  • Options
    purdis said:

se9addick said:

purdis said:

purdis said:

ColinTat said:

It is not this initial legislation that troubles me, it is the direction it's going, heading forwards.
    But if it's just allowing you to do something that you've been able to do for thousands of years under English law (I.e inheriting/dis-inheriting whomever you like) then it isn't really a departure from where we were heading anyway, is it ? Surely when you read an article like the Telegraph's that you quoted your critical faculties allow you to see that this is creating an issue out of nothing ?

I could create a will tomorrow based on my Jedi belief system, it wouldn't mean that this nation had adopted Jedi as its now governing belief system.