Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

South Africa v England Series 2015/2016

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2016
    England win toss and bat first in 1st ODI. 32-0 off 3 overs.

Looking forward to this. Really enjoyed watching England in limited overs cricket for the past 12 months
  • Options
    Riviera said:

All too often in the last Ashes, we were 40-3 and were being saved by the likes of Root and Stokes futher down the order.

Roobish!!! As Sir Geoffery would say. We were more often than not 30-3! Same in 2013 when Bell saved us.
    We have won some big series over the past few years but we still have serious issues. We need another opener, still, and soon we'll need two. We need a No.3, a No.5 and a spinner. Root should bat 3, your best batsmen bats three and he should step up.
    Of course no country has the divine right to have 11 world class players in all the key positions and very few ever do. Overall England are pretty good and I really expect a good showing in the up and coming T20 WC.
    ABDV bats 4 for SA.

I thought you were a Test-only heretic?
  • Options
    eng 99-1 off 13
  • Options
    Hales out form 57 - miscuing a 'hoick' (Cricinfo)
    134-2 off 18
    Going nicely - ready for the Stokes explosion - that'll be the kiss of death then.
  • Options
    Interesting fact from cricinfo...
    "Hales is a strange case - There can't be many batsmen who have opened in all 3 international formats and have higher scores the less overs they play. Test - 60, ODI - 109, T20I - 116*" A spotter's badge is winging its way towards you "

Buttler coming in at 4 - that's different !
  • Options
    England looking at a huge score here. 170-2 off 23 overs. Buttler in at 4 in these conditions is a great move
  • Options
    201-2 off 26.2 Buttler just smacked 34 ball fifty.
  • Options
    Cricinfo just gave Buttler OUT off a free-hit ....wnkrs.
  • Options
    5th Bowler(s) costing SA dear here . Behardien already gone for 32 off 3, and Duminy isn't doing much better. That's where the real value of Ben Stokes comes to the fore.
  • Options
    316-5 42.2 overs

Buttler 105 out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And finish 399-9.
  • Options
    A shame Topley couldn't have got a single off the 2 balls he faced!
  • Options
    Rubbish - Got to look to score 400 on that pitch.

• Options

I thought the days of a no. 11 were well and truly over. Clearly not with Topley. That's 6 runs off 33 balls in ODIs now. Sits nicely with his career First Class average of 2.8 and a career total in all forms of the game of 115 runs from 58 innings for 27 times out.
  • Options

I thought the days of a no. 11 were well and truly over. Clearly not with Topley. That's 6 runs off 33 balls in ODIs now. Sits nicely with his career First Class average of 2.8 and a career total in all forms of the game of 115 runs from 58 innings for 27 times out.
    Blimey, he makes Monty look good!
  • Options
    I see its Willey to (de) Kock - almost as good as Twatt and Fanni.
  • Options
    My mate Jordan is bowling - just gone for 12 off his first over.
  • Options

I see its Willey to (de) Kock - almost as good as Twatt and Fanni.

not as good as Ramdin - De Kock ?
  • Options
    Ben Stokes! What a catch.
  • Options
    What a catch!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My mate Jordan back on - now gone for 44 off 4
  • Options

My mate Jordan back on - now gone for 44 off 4

I still can't believe he was chosen for a super over... And won it. He makes jade dernbach seem like Joel Garner
  • Options
    I've learnt a lot about SA over the last 6 weeks from TMS, bit more in the rain delays today.
  • Options
    2nd ODi started from Port Elizabeth
    SA won toss and bat
    currently 85-2 off 18
    Amla bowled by Topley - good ball
    De Kock lbw Stokes
  • Options
    Du Plessis caught in slips by my mate Jordan - a simple catch for the catching skills of Jordan
  • Options
    131-3 off 29.
    England keeping ABDV quiet is 43 off 62
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    AB could easily go 40 off 60 to 100 off 80..
  • Options
    157-3 off 34 ABDV 50no off 72
  • Options
    199-3 off 40
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    ABDV caught by Jordan - incredible very good catch in the deep !