Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

South Africa v England Series 2015/2016

Comments

• No thanks to the snail.
  • Gayle has just hit equalled the fastest ever T20 50 - off 12 balls!
  • Just realised the irony of my last post - following comments about The Snail ;-)
  • Finn out of rest of SA tour with side strain - poor boy just can't keep himself fit.

Liam Plunkett called up. Feel even more sorry for him because he seems to end up doing is carrying out drinks.
  • Gayle has just hit equalled the fastest ever T20 50 - off 12 balls!

Almost astonishing as he played himself in with only 2 runs off first 2 balls.
  • How the one day game has moved on. In the current series against Australia, India have scored 309, 308, 295 & 323 - and lost all four!

Both sides batting is extremely strong but the Aussies are badly missing pace - with the likes of Harris, Johnson, Starc, Cummings, Pattinson etc not around for one reason or another the cupboard isn't looking that full.
  • Sam Curran is right arm fast bowler and Ballance is not the answer.
  • dickplumb said:

Sam Curran is right arm fast bowler and Ballance is not the answer.

Sam is left arm. His brother, Tom, is right arm.
  • I apologise, got the wrong Curran.
  • Understandable I think, I always get mixed up between Currans and sultanas.
  • Sponsored links:

• Understandable I think, I always get mixed up between Currans and sultanas.

You're raisin an issue there.
  • Sultanas are the Brunei guy's wives right?
  • Sultanas are the Brunei guy's wives right?

No they're called dates
  • How the one day game has moved on. In the current series against Australia, India have scored 309, 308, 295 & 323 - and lost all four!

Both sides batting is extremely strong but the Aussies are badly missing pace - with the likes of Harris, Johnson, Starc, Cummings, Pattinson etc not around for one reason or another the cupboard isn't looking that full.

wow - just seen the score - from 277/1 to 323 all out - India were England in disguise?!

wow - just seen the score - from 277/1 to 323 all out - India were England in disguise?!
    Kane Richardson did the damage, Kane clearly another unusual name popular in Australia and New Zealand, like Mitchell!

I mentioned that the Aussies are so strong up top in batting department. Well these are Khawaja's last eight innings:

For Sydney Thunder in T20- 109* (84), 62 (42) & 104* (59)
    For Australia in Tests - 144, 56, 121, 174 & 9*

And he isn't in their one day side and won't be in their World Cup squad!

I mentioned that the Aussies are so strong up top in batting department. Well these are Khawaja's last eight innings:

How the one day game has moved on. In the current series against Australia, India have scored 309, 308, 295 & 323 - and lost all four!

Ok, good scores, but this is the same Khawaja who was carp when playing for Derbyshire and Lancashire. TBH, he was sh&&e against England too - and think he is an average player - thus why he's not in the side . It maybe shows the quality of Oz bowling - especially when Rashid can be voted Man of Series in BBL (if he was ?!)

How the one day game has moved on. In the current series against Australia, India have scored 309, 308, 295 & 323 - and lost all four!

Ok, good scores, but this is the same Khawaja who was carp when playing for Derbyshire and Lancashire. TBH, he was sh&&e against England too - and think he is an average player - thus why he's not in the side . It maybe shows the quality of Oz bowling - especially when Rashid can be voted Man of Series in BBL (if he was ?!)
    It is a different Khawaja. One who is more confident about his own ability and one who has adjusted his technique.

He is now a fixture in the Test side but the reason he's not in the T20 team is because their top five is Warner, Finch, Smith, Maxwell and Bailey and only Maxwell of those bowls nowadays. Back up is Shaun Marsh too.

• A certain loud mouth who I was adamant England were totally correct in leaving out has had scores of 22, 76, 6, 1, 67*, 7 & 8 in the BB - four single figure scores in his last five innings. That's against the same attacks that Khawaja averages just 279. Hopefully the two will meet in the final but I wouldn't bank on Stars getting through.

And I'm also looking forward to a big "I told you so" when Rashid comes up trumps for us in the WC ;-)

• edited January 2016
    Can we stop using the term WC and instead say T20WC please?
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone going to the 4th Test? Been invited today - ticket the grand sum of R100. I had to smile at the Barmy Army sing We got 23 rand to the pound! I still get paid in £s!
  • SA win toss , and bat. They make 5 changes. We are same except Woakes for Finn, as expected. Pitch expected to be 'helpful' to begin with.
  • Really disappointed with the Woakes decision.. should have been Footit any day. I hope with Bayliss and Farbrace we'd got past the era of ridiculous selections...

I could understand going with the defensive option of Woakes in the first match. His batting added strength down the order and his ability to bowl consistent line and length and keep it tight is useful.

But for this match we have already won the series... There is no point playing for the draw, let's see wicket taking bowlers who can cause batsmen problems..
  • Agree with Canters. Would have been a great opportunity to have seen what Footit can do at test level.
  • Really disappointed with the Woakes decision.. should have been Footit any day. I hope with Bayliss and Farbrace we'd got past the era of ridiculous selections...

I could understand going with the defensive option of Woakes in the first match. His batting added strength down the order and his ability to bowl consistent line and length and keep it tight is useful.

But for this match we have already won the series... There is no point playing for the draw, let's see wicket taking bowlers who can cause batsmen problems..

Somebody's nicked the exclamation mark from your keyboard Canters!

Agree 100% btw
  • Woakes helping erode his boring defensive reputation by bowling like a drain
  • Finn out of rest of SA tour with side strain - poor boy just can't keep himself fit.

Liam Plunkett called up. Feel even more sorry for him because he seems to end up doing is carrying out drinks.

Really not happening for Plunkett. He now has a thigh strain so won't appear in the one day series against SA but will be replaced by Broad.
  • A certain loud mouth who I was adamant England were totally correct in leaving out has had scores of 22, 76, 6, 1, 67*, 7 & 8 in the BB - four single figure scores in his last five innings. That's against the same attacks that Khawaja averages just 279. Hopefully the two will meet in the final but I wouldn't bank on Stars getting through.

And I'm also looking forward to a big "I told you so" when Rashid comes up trumps for us in the WC ;-)

Look who's batting the Stars into the final!
  • Leuth said:

A certain loud mouth who I was adamant England were totally correct in leaving out has had scores of 22, 76, 6, 1, 67*, 7 & 8 in the BB - four single figure scores in his last five innings. That's against the same attacks that Khawaja averages just 279. Hopefully the two will meet in the final but I wouldn't bank on Stars getting through.

Look who's batting the Stars into the final!
    If you buy enough raffle tickets..............he did his best to give it away by showboating having already got the game won.

Well done to the Stars though having lost their previous four semis in the BB. The two Husseys will be opposing captains too.
  • Have to say that I agree with most things you say cricket related AA, you have an obvious passion for the game and clearly knowledgeable, but the KP bashing is OTT in my opinion.