Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

South Africa v England Series 2015/2016

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016

Have to say that I agree with most things you say cricket related AA, you have an obvious passion for the game and clearly knowledgeable, but the KP bashing is OTT in my opinion.

My apologies if you feel that's the case. Because, to be fair, you don't get to play for ......

England
    MCC
    Natal
    KwaZulu-Natal
    ICC World X1
    Hamphshire
    Deccan Chargers
    Delhi Daredevils
    Sunfoil Dolphins
    Nottinghamshire
    Royal Challengers Bangalore
    Melbourne Stars
    St Lucia Zouks
    Sunrisers Hyderabad
    Surrey

........without having to have a very big trophy cabinet - for your various caps.
  • Options
    The first century of the series for Cook. Well done Alastair, er Stephen...
  • Options

Have to say that I agree with most things you say cricket related AA, you have an obvious passion for the game and clearly knowledgeable, but the KP bashing is OTT in my opinion.

My apologies if you feel that's the case. Because, to be fair, you don't get to play for ......

England
    MCC
    Natal
    KwaZulu-Natal
    ICC World X1
    Hamphshire
    Deccan Chargers
    Delhi Daredevils
    Sunfoil Dolphins
    Nottinghamshire
    Melbourne Stars
    St Lucia Zouks
    Sunrisers Hyderabad
    Surrey

........without having to have a very big trophy cabinet - for your various caps.
    Still , the fact that he was wanted by...
    England
    MCC
    Natal
    KwaZulu-Natal
    ICC World X1
    Hamphshire
    Deccan Chargers
    Delhi Daredevils
    Sunfoil Dolphins
    Nottinghamshire
    Melbourne Stars
    St Lucia Zouks
    Sunrisers Hyderabad
    Surrey

Says a lot to me .
    Yeah, KP grated people up the wrong way- but to me, he was a genius - and provided me with the best innings in a Test match ever at The Oval in 2005-even better than Stokes this series - he had to take apart Warne,Mcgrath,Tait et al - not Morris,Rabada,Piedt.
  • Options

England
    MCC
    Natal
    KwaZulu-Natal
    ICC World X1
    Hamphshire
    Deccan Chargers
    Delhi Daredevils
    Sunfoil Dolphins
    Nottinghamshire
    Melbourne Stars
    St Lucia Zouks
    Sunrisers Hyderabad
    Surrey

England
    MCC
    Natal
    KwaZulu-Natal
    ICC World X1
    Hamphshire
    Deccan Chargers
    Delhi Daredevils
    Sunfoil Dolphins
    Nottinghamshire
    Melbourne Stars
    St Lucia Zouks
    Sunrisers Hyderabad
    Surrey

Says a lot to me .
    Yeah, KP grated people up the wrong way- but to me, he was a genius - and provided me with the best innings in a Test match ever at The Oval in 2005-even better than Stokes this series - he had to take apart Warne,Mcgrath,Tait et al - not Morris,Rabada,Piedt.
    He did get dropped three times.

Undoubtedly a fantastic player and a very good innings but that is OTT.
  • Options

England
    MCC
    Natal
    KwaZulu-Natal
    ICC World X1
    Hamphshire
    Deccan Chargers
    Delhi Daredevils
    Sunfoil Dolphins
    Nottinghamshire
    Melbourne Stars
    St Lucia Zouks
    Sunrisers Hyderabad
    Surrey

England
    MCC
    Natal
    KwaZulu-Natal
    ICC World X1
    Hamphshire
    Deccan Chargers
    Delhi Daredevils
    Sunfoil Dolphins
    Nottinghamshire
    Melbourne Stars
    St Lucia Zouks
    Sunrisers Hyderabad
    Surrey

Says a lot to me .
    Sorry to be a pedant but McGrath was long gone (turned his ankle before the second test) when KP hit that ton. Still a great knock though.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

England
    MCC
    Natal
    KwaZulu-Natal
    ICC World X1
    Hamphshire
    Deccan Chargers
    Delhi Daredevils
    Sunfoil Dolphins
    Nottinghamshire
    Melbourne Stars
    St Lucia Zouks
    Sunrisers Hyderabad
    Surrey

England
    MCC
    Natal
    KwaZulu-Natal
    ICC World X1
    Hamphshire
    Deccan Chargers
    Delhi Daredevils
    Sunfoil Dolphins
    Nottinghamshire
    Melbourne Stars
    St Lucia Zouks
    Sunrisers Hyderabad
    Surrey

Says a lot to me .
    Sorry to be a pedant but McGrath was long gone (turned his ankle before the second test) when KP hit that ton. Still a great knock though.
    Did Mcgrath bowl him wearing crutches ?...

The Oval London Sep 8-12 2005 5th Test
    KP Pietersen B Mcgrath 158

And Brett Lee was bowling too - i forgot about him ! - So, McGrath,Warne,Lee and Tait - oh, and Katich too !.

In the context of the game, and the opponents and the quality of the opponents ,and the way he went about it, it was a magnificent match/series/Ashes deciding innings.
  • Options
    McGrath was in and out that series, played 1st test, missed 2nd, rushed back for the 3rd test, missed the 4th then played the 5th.
  • Options
    I'll bet that if McGrath hadn't got injured, we wouldn't have won that series. Tough luck, eh
  • Options
    edited January 2016

England
    MCC
    Natal
    KwaZulu-Natal
    ICC World X1
    Hamphshire
    Deccan Chargers
    Delhi Daredevils
    Sunfoil Dolphins
    Nottinghamshire
    Melbourne Stars
    St Lucia Zouks
    Sunrisers Hyderabad
    Surrey

England
    MCC
    Natal
    KwaZulu-Natal
    ICC World X1
    Hamphshire
    Deccan Chargers
    Delhi Daredevils
    Sunfoil Dolphins
    Nottinghamshire
    Melbourne Stars
    St Lucia Zouks
    Sunrisers Hyderabad
    Surrey

Says a lot to me .
    Did Mcgrath bowl him wearing crutches ?...

The Oval London Sep 8-12 2005 5th Test
    KP Pietersen B Mcgrath 158

And Brett Lee was bowling too - i forgot about him ! - So, McGrath,Warne,Lee and Tait - oh, and Katich too !.

In the context of the game, and the opponents and the quality of the opponents ,and the way he went about it, it was a magnificent match/series/Ashes deciding innings.
    God my memory isn't what it was....humble pie etc :-)
  • Options
    Looks like gonna have to look at bbc for an update.

Hang your heads in shame.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England Cricket ‏@englandcricket 4m4 minutes ago
    We're underway again with @benstokes38 & @MoeenAli aiming to build a partnership. ENG 232-6 http://www.ecb.co.uk/matchdaylive
  • Options
    England all out for 342 - Rabada took 7 wickets, Moeen got a 60+
  • Options
    Good performance from moeen. 130 odd runs behind, but Abbot is injured. I think we'll do well to get a result. We can rarely finish teams off once we've beaten them. Alan "40 points" curbishley must be a coach
  • Options
    It happens all the time - always remember England winning in OZ when we were already 4-0 down.
  • Options

Really disappointed with the Woakes decision.. should have been Footit any day. I hope with Bayliss and Farbrace we'd got past the era of ridiculous selections...

I could understand going with the defensive option of Woakes in the first match. His batting added strength down the order and his ability to bowl consistent line and length and keep it tight is useful.

But for this match we have already won the series... There is no point playing for the draw, let's see wicket taking bowlers who can cause batsmen problems..

Somebody's nicked the exclamation mark from your keyboard Canters!

Agree 100% btw
    Had too many complaints! Been trying to expand my punctuation...
  • Options
    Sad to hear that Jack Bannister died today. Very good commentator.
  • Options

I'm just gonna leave this here :smile:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/35397073

I agree with Vaughany on this, KP has no rights for an ODI or Test place, but T20 is different. He's proven himself at what is frankly a much more competitive tournament than our own domestic T20 league, and a player in form now is surely better than someone who batted well last September
  • Options
    Agreed - though it is very hard to see England going back to KP now.

Watched the game last night, and KP was still very, very good, whatever you say about him, you can't deny that he is the man for the big occasion!
  • Options
    England wont go back for KP full stop.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You think he can be in the same squad as James Taylor after saying he should stick to being a jockey like his dad as he's no good at cricket. And then admitting in his book he said this but that it doesn't matter as it was meant to be a private conversation and shouldn't have got out.

How many other players will he have done similar to...

I'm out.
  • Options
    Is this game not quite dead yet?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Leuth said:

Is this game not quite dead yet?

Wow, just noticed score - ABDV gone for a pair ! - lasted 4 balls the entire Test !
    2nd ball in first innings and 2nd ball in 2nd innings - does that make it a silver pair ??!!
  • Options
    What was Compton doing reviewing his big nick behind ?
    I've got a feeling he's done that before?
  • Options

What was Compton doing reviewing his big nick behind ?
    I've got a feeling he's done that before?

Making a slow goodbye to his Test career?
  • Options
    Been in Pretoria all weekend.Been a great experience watching England, especially due to how cheap the cost of living.Even met a fellow addick today.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Nephew flew out to Joburg yesterday with the Potential England Performance Programme bowlers to train and work with the one day squad. Had all his official England gear too.

wow - that is fantastic ! what an experience.
  • Options
    That was a rather disappointing end to the match and series!
  • Options
    That Rabada looks a terrific prospect.

From being in a mess three tests ago, SA have suddenly got Amla back on form, Bavuma looking good, Rabada and De Kok looking like finds and Cook opening well.

Steyn and Philander to come back too.

Reports of their death were greatly exaggerated I think.

Good series from an England team on the up, despite today. Still questions over 2, 3 and 5 - though I'd stick with Taylor, I think he'll keep improving and become a good Test player for us.